Should PS3 sales be allowed in the selling forums?

PS3 sales on the selling forums during launch shortage

• Yes

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'd just like to know what people think without polluting the other threads. Vote & discuss.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
yeah

if curt wants to pay that much for one, let him :tickled:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Yeah go for it, myself waiting for a PAL machine for updates ect.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I don't see why not, people sell all sorts of high dollar and in demand items here. However, I bet we see a bunch of unknown sellers offering them over the next couple of months. I would be wary of dealing with anyone offering a PS3 that isn't an established trader.

aria

Former Moderator
GD said:
I don't see why not, people sell all sorts of high dollar and in demand items here. However, I bet we see a bunch of unknown sellers offering them over the next couple of months. I would be wary of dealing with anyone offering a PS3 that isn't an established trader.

I agree with GD's position.

I would consider putting the moratorium on new users from doing it.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
I already sold 5 here online for a high dollar amount. Granted, some people gave me shit about it, but if you don't like the price, you don't have to buy. I wil lend up selling another couple from my contact.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
My thought is this- if someone on here wants one bad enough that he/she will pay $1300 or more for it, better to buy it from an established member here than some yahoo on eBay.

But I'm gonna agree with Bobak that zero feedback sellers and/or brand new members probably shouldn't be allowed to sell.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't see why the usual rules shouldn't apply.

People should only be able to sell items they own.
People should take into account reputations before making a purchase.
Mods should keep an eye on suspicious practices and act accordingly.

It's not like this is the first time that members here have made $1,000+ Transactions.

During the Glory days of this place, so much money was flying around that a $1500 transaction would barely make the radar..

Caviet Emptor Holms....

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'll abstain, since I'm obviously biased given that I have one to sell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I don't see why the usual rules shouldn't apply.

People should only be able to sell items they own.
People should take into account reputations before making a purchase.
Mods should keep an eye on suspicious practices and act accordingly.

It's not like this is the first time that members here have made $1,000+ Transactions.

During the Glory days of this place, so much money was flying around that a $1500 transaction would barely make the radar..

Caviet Emptor Holms....

let me tell you why the usual rules should not apply -

people are idiots.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
let me tell you why the usual rules should not apply -

people are idiots.

I've blown shitloads of money here...

Never been ripped off once..

Had a few deals go slightly less than expected...

But never ripped off.

Most people who get ripped off bigtime have it comming...

I'd never get ripped off on a PSIII here because unless it is a top 10 seller, I'm going to require the hommie on the other end to ship first.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, if I was Shawn I'd ask for at least 10% of the net profit on each sale. Yes, I know more expensive items have been sold here, but in this case the effort/risk/time ratio of the operation is ridiculous. This is not investment and not even speculation, it's plain arbitrage as you make money in no time and no risk. And the market can't correct itself because it is not liquid (way much more demand than supply).

But I agree if some people here are stupid enough to pay that prices, it's better to do it from a well established member. So maybe it would be enough to avoid 0-feedback newbies that just want to avoid ebay fees and/or scam people. Oh, and also I wouldn't allow sales of pre-orders, just the ones that actually have it in their possession, no matter how guaranteed you have it, you never can be sure enough until it's in your hands.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Well, if I was Shawn I'd ask for at least 10% of the net profit on each sale.

hello

thats rediculous

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
kernow said:
hello

thats rediculous

Hello? He pays for the costs of the board, if I was him (notice that I'm not) I'd like a cut of a 100% sure profit somebody is making using MY resources. And I repeat myself: I know more important sales have been done here, but they usually are more long-time and with more risk investment, even if it was speculation after all.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nope

still rediculous

'whats that? you're selling something worth less than a US metal slug or Euro Kizuna but I want 10% anyway, just because its my website it was sold on"

uh.. no

if that was the case it should have been put in the rules many moons ago

except it won't

because its a dumbass idea.

whats stopping the 'seller' 'selling' it somewhere else?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The difference is that whoever bought a Euro Kizuna or Metal Slug back in 96 for (say) 200$ didn't know (at least not for sure) that they would be worth that much 10 years later. So they took some risk, and still had to keep it for a long time before cashing the profit (actually, maybe they bought it for playing them originally, that's what games were made for).

I know this is not going to happen, I'm not the owner of the site, I said if I was, I'm not suggesting Shawn should do it. And yes, nothing prevents sellers to sell them somewhere else, actually I'd welcome them to do so (if I was...). Notice other places like ebay do charge a fee.

LOL at "should have been put in the rules many moons ago"

The selling rules have been changed and broken so many times that they are there almost for decoration purposes. What would prevent the owner to change them now? Would you sue him? It's his board and he can't do whatever he wants, if you don't agree then go somewhere else. In any case the selling rules have hardly ever been enforced.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
if you don't agree with the ps3 sales then go somewhere else

simple really

(how dare you suggest I leave this site, are you insane?)

-=neocop=- enforcing the forums whenever he can, because he'll never be a mod :crying:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
then stop bloody moaning about it .. jesus christ

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'll stop moaning about your posts when they actually make some sense.

lol I run this board so can I please ask for 10% of your ps3 selling profit.

in my opinion, all ps3 selling posts that are doing it just to make money, should be deleted.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Personally I wouldn't want to have PS3 rip-off sales in here, but that's just me. As long as there's no downright scamming involved, I guess there's no valid argument not to allow PS3 sales...

Yet I feel a very strong aversion against all those shiny new consoles and its users creeping up my spine... last time I felt the same when I heard that MS will go console a few years ago, and that's not a good sign.

No no.

... :eye: ...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Oh, and also I wouldn't allow sales of pre-orders, just the ones that actually have it in their possession, no matter how guaranteed you have it, you never can be sure enough until it's in your hands.

That is already against the official forum rules.