Should The Marketplace Be Opened Up for Everyone?

Should The Marketplace Be Opened For Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Mainly talking about how Beef is gonna have a heart attack due to internet people.

Its pretty serious stuff.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
@Orpheus @Hippo
Digital Press and n-g. c o m members from DE, NJ, and CA…turbo duo mods, 15+ years ago.

I’ll let them tell their full stories if they choose too, but yeah. A Mod ninja vanished on some janky bullshit.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I voted yes.I've witnessed too many noobs get run off that attempt to participate on a daily here.
I only saw one noob stomach this place long enough to dump his wares...his name escapes me but he claimed he ate a lot of tuna and it made him sick?
I may not even have the story right but he received noob of the year.
All I know is if I don't know of you,I'm not gifting any payments unless you ship first.
I helped a long time member who changed his name requesting gift payment ONLY reintroduce himself and I caught sh8t for being in the right and you expect new members to last out 50 posts?
All a new member is going to do is ask every question that's been posed a thousand times over the years and he or she will be attacked for it because it:s been asked over a thousand times already.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I propose that noobs can post replies but not threads. That gives established members a larger customer pool but limits our exposure to scammers.
I don't have a problem with that idea, sounds pretty sensible.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I propose that noobs can post replies but not threads. That gives established members a larger customer pool but limits our exposure to scammers.
The only people being scammed are the newcomers anyway, us folk just want the fresh meat to beat.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Voted yes. This forum is a shell and market is on life support; has been for 2-3 years. If potentially getting some new members can happen by opening market; let's do it. Agree with others, make unreputable members ship first as SOP. I've done almost 1,000 forum buys/sells/trades since 2009, been scammed 4x. 3 of the 4 were from reputable members.
Votes in this thread should be weighted according to feedback scores. Unless @BIG BEAR votes NO, the result is an easy YES win. Sorry @roker, you have been disenfranchised by the broken feedback counter.

If the faggot paradise Arcade Projects forum has an active marketplace, why can't we?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
WHO THE FUCK KEEPS VOTING NO!?

Change your vote, remember the market may as well be deleted entirely if no is your vote. The place is next to the Hyper forum in activity levels!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
the only way to keep things in order is for noobs to dox themselves when joining

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Maybe enforce the wife/girlfriend picture rule for noobs? What are these mods doing anyways?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
you expect new members to last out 50 posts?
All a new member is going to do is ask every question that's been posed a thousand times over the years and he or she will be attacked for it because it:s been asked over a thousand times already.
Big Bear drops Big Truths

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yes. Don't buy from people you don't know/like, don't sell to people you don't know/like, don't use PayPal gift unless know the person or you are a sucka that likes losing money. For everything else, there's plane tickets.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
But if some dude who registered an account here 20 years ago and has 20-something posts decides he wants to dump his Neo Geo or Mega Drive stuff, and this is the only place he knows to do it, why prevent that? Somebody who fits this exact description decided to jump on and sell a Mushi PCB earlier this very week. Obviously, the way the policy is applied is completely arbitrary.

I’m basically that guy. Have a 20 year badge, but rarely posted in the last 20 years. I did have market place access. So maybe it doesn’t count for old accounts?
I don’t think that any old noob needs access but 50/100 posts seems reasonable to gain access. You have to invest some time to get there, no scammer will have time for that

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Hey old man clowns who voted no: get your head out your high and mighty elitist asses and read this shit and change your vote to yes so long as this is the new rule. How the fuck can anyone disagree with this logic?!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I don't know why people are getting so worked up... any noob who tries to sell or buy shit is going to get blown off the site in under 24 hours anyway by a wave of abuse. Most people don't have the stomach for this brand of forum chicanery.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Voted yes just because...that's pretty much covers it. I think n00bs will discover simply coming here to sell stuff won't be an easy thing with our wonderful cast of characters here in the forum ;)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
.......Everything.

He's a long time member making Neo specific content (and good content at that) & letting people on a Neo-Geo.based forum know about it.

The man found a goddamn Hyper Neo Geo 64 prototype.........on a derelict pallet..........under a tree, out in a field......ON A FUCKING FARM!

Thats so outlandish it's like that scene towards the end of Con Air when cage's character see's the vintage corvetter hanging from the airplane by a cable & says "now on any other day that might seem strange."

The fact that Bacons story actually happened is hilariously unreal.

How that fuck does that not make sense?

Wait........D-Lite scammed people & then bounced!

When the fuck did this happen (and how bad was the damage)?
Lol this won’t make you popular with Kernow 😂
He just thinks I’m here for the 64 views a month. I’m doing it because he doesn’t want me to and thinks he can scream stuff he hates out of existence

And it’s not like I don’t comment in other areas. But mostly my posts currently are to upset him. It’s too fun

Edit: for what it’s worth the one nice thing about some market control is this is probably one of the least scammy places to sell amongst friends. But it does seem like the forum could use more people.

How is that managed without this place turning into a flippers paradise though? That’s the hard part. I’d hate to see good items getting bought at good prices that then end up flipped 24 hours later for profit.

I mean for shits sake the Metroid Prime remake is being flipped on day 1. Nothing is safe any more

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hey old man clowns who voted no: get your head out your high and mighty elitist asses and read this shit and change your vote to yes so long as this is the new rule. How the fuck can anyone disagree with this logic?!
There has been no posts from the mods to suggest they would or even could adopt this strategy. I'd support it, but not until Tak or Cory says that it can be implemented - if it can't, I stay a hard "no".

Plus I think anyone who genuinely thinks we'll have a huge upturn of new members joining and breathing life back into the marketplace is severely deluded. The damage was done to this forum and the wider site when some people decided it would be a wonderful idead to put Rot in defacto charge.
He's been gone over 12 months now and the place is still dead.

Oh, and in answer to the point about n00bs posting new threads about topics that have been covered already a thousand times+ - what do you expect at this point? The Neo Geo only had a library of 140 something games, topics were exhausted nearly 20 years ago. Any system with such a limited library of games is always going to have a short shelf life when it comes to discussing what's what.

Nobody gives a fuck about the Hyper 64, and the Pocket is worse than the AES/MVS.

What's your favourite KoF again? Haven't heard that one in about 5 minutes...