Should The Marketplace Be Opened Up for Everyone?

Should The Marketplace Be Opened For Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
I think I sent you a request few months ago since I'm here for more than 2 years. I should have stuffs for sale if it can help the community otherwise it will go my neighborhood dumpster. :emb:

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
What about allowing new members to only access the Everything Else section of the marketplace at first? SNK sections later. That way they can meet and deal with others, but start with N64 carts (or whatever) instead of potentially expensive Neo stuff.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
What about allowing new members to only access the Everything Else section of the marketplace at first? SNK sections later. That way they can meet and deal with others, but start with N64 carts (or whatever) instead of potentially expensive Neo stuff.
no. you will start out with the hentai doll market and like it.

or, trade legos with @M exclusively.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Okay, how about this then:

1. A newly registered member can post replies in Marketplace threads but cannot start his/her own threads at first. Until he or she has reached 30 posts, the user title will be set to "n00b".

2. When a new user has reached 30 posts, he or she will automatically be promoted to full member status which includes being able to start threads in the Marketplace. From 30 to 40 posts, the user title will be set to "New Challenger".

3. It's your own decision whom to deal with, tread with caution and always carry a heavy laser. You want the market to be open so you gotta deal with it. There will be no dedicated market mod for now, any complaints/questions/death threats should be directed to Cory, me or trashcan.

Trial period will be 3 months.

Marketplace FAQs will be changed accordingly.
make-it-so-picard.gif

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Okay, how about this then:

1. A newly registered member can post replies in Marketplace threads but cannot start his/her own threads at first. Until he or she has reached 30 posts, the user title will be set to "n00b".

2. When a new user has reached 30 posts, he or she will automatically be promoted to full member status which includes being able to start threads in the Marketplace. From 30 to 40 posts, the user title will be set to "New Challenger".

3. It's your own decision whom to deal with, tread with caution and always carry a heavy laser. You want the market to be open so you gotta deal with it. There will be no dedicated market mod for now, any complaints/questions/death threats should be directed to Cory, me or trashcan.

Trial period will be 3 months.

Marketplace FAQs will be changed accordingly.
Sounds great 👍

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's pretty easy to spam 30 - 50 posts how about a no spam rule. Whether it's spam or not is up to you and Cory, Tak.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's pretty easy to spam 30 - 50 posts how about a no spam rule. Whether it's spam or not is up to you and Cory, Tak.
Yeah I can see a lot of "What's the best KOF, SS, MS?" etc. terrible post buffing threads and replies in the near future. There needs to be some sort of standard for actual participation. I know it's a nebulous but... shrug

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Why bother polling the forum when they can barely afford bread

What benefit does opening this up you poor ass dweebs
It's a neo geo forum.
Go get your shitty console ports and pal n64 games somewhere else
Why is this even a poll

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Let's have a poll where we ask if someone can sell their pal n64 titles

Do you remember the 1990s adverts
Do you remember why we are here
If you can't afford to pay your gas bill and you are on a neogeo forum you are on the wrong forum
If you want to sell some awful Nintendo hardware to join this elite club .. which has always been an elite club

I'm ashamed at every single one of you

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I don't even care about the market, just after fresh meat for the grinder.

Edit: please oh please reveal peoples voting preferences, the drama is sorely needed.
Well I’ll say I voted Yes even if I wasn’t sure if it was a great idea

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Still lolling at the people demanding community participation, despite this being the most misanthropic place on the internet.

Also, if you weren't here before the market became what it is currently, you have no perspective and nobody gives a shit what you think. ♥️🤐