Shoulder pads and misshapen hands

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Fuck him and Todd McFarlane I say... they're what's bad about the Comics industry...

xROTx

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Why do talentless dicks get so much money to shovel out crap?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Fuck him and Todd McFarlane I say... they're what's bad about the Comics industry...

xROTx

Spawn is awful. I'll never understand how it got so popular.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

xROTx

What has McFarlane been up to lately? I thought he was out of comics.
I rather liked the early days of Image.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Spawn is awful. I'll never understand how it got so popular.

Eh...there's reasons.

I read it for the first year or so...it was a beautifully done comic print/color speaking and the story played out well at first.

I don't feel (and didn't feel) that it took long for the wheels to fall off though...that's why I quit reading it.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The Spawn series is still being made. I see it in the previews list every month still.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The Spawn series is still being made. I see it in the previews list every month still.

I'll admit that I am literally decades out of the story line...but I never understand this when I see modern Spawn comics.. The original story was that his suit was limited in capacity and in time, it would fail him sending him back to hell to fulfill his end of the "deal".

To me, it was one of the interesting parts of the story.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Haha I picked up a few uncanny x-men omnibus this holiday season and had forgotten about his work on the X-Factor or that he co-created Deadpool. I still have a bunch of his Image stuff from back when it came out and yes I agree, his artwork is atrocious.

This is actually a good article on some of his worst drawings with some funny commentary here and there.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

xROTx

I think they pale in comparison to what's happening in the comic industry lately...

6tmYAMN.jpg

http://www.esquireme.com/content/17417-the-politically-correct-avengers

Basically people are bitching that comics aren't diverse enough, so comic makers bend over backwards to meet these demands. Then suddenly sales fall and they wonder why. One only needs to look at the fact that the ones bitching that they should be politically correct and diverse don't even read the comics.

Fritz

15 Year Member
The shield looks good, its just the profile image that threw rob off, okay here we go.

27.jpg

Ohhhh drats, cap'n looks passable now but his shield is all kinds of warped.

And why is there some bitches face just randomly floating in the middle of the image.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Captain, those are magnificent. :P

At the time that Liefeld and MacFarlane got popular, it was because their stuff was so new, different, and exciting compared to what else was out. I was a huge fan of all this stuff, and was super excited when Image first launched. That being said, it's now extremely played out.

Besides Spawn, Savage Dragon is also still being published. Pretty crazy. I haven't read either in decades tho.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Cap just shit out an arm.

Unless it's a one-man-show like a self-published title, there were at least TWO or THREE people that would have to see and/or approve his work to go to the next step in the process. You mean to tell me that NOT ONE PERSON saw his shit and said "that doesn't follow ANY conventional rules of anatomy or art in general..."?

Captain, those are magnificent. :P

At the time that Liefeld and MacFarlane got popular, it was because their stuff was so new, different, and exciting compared to what else was out. I was a huge fan of all this stuff, and was super excited when Image first launched. That being said, it's now extremely played out.

Besides Spawn, Savage Dragon is also still being published. Pretty crazy. I haven't read either in decades tho.

Eric Larson is doing an awesome job. His art has taken on a more Jack Kirby vibe.

Image had some amazing talent. Liefeld was not one of them.

Last edited:

Fritz

15 Year Member
You can tell he hated drawing feet and hands and would often half ass it or just forgo it altogether.

He should of created a quad amputee superhero, would of been the perfect fit for his style. You know it crossed is mind.

36.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Who doesn't love sloppy mistakes? Like Punisher 2099's extra finger:

Punisher(JakeGallows)_Head.jpg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
only discovered that this guy was disliked so much in the recant years. because i really liked the x force comics back in the day, which was a big hit and liked by many.

3754666-01.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think they pale in comparison to what's happening in the comic industry lately...

6tmYAMN.jpg

http://www.esquireme.com/content/17417-the-politically-correct-avengers

Basically people are bitching that comics aren't diverse enough, so comic makers bend over backwards to meet these demands. Then suddenly sales fall and they wonder why. One only needs to look at the fact that the ones bitching that they should be politically correct and diverse don't even read the comics.

Forced diversity is a terrible terrible idea.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Stan Lee goes straight savage on Liefeld and MacFarlane

Fritz

15 Year Member
Haha, the part where Stan Lee tells Rob to shut the fuck up and just draw as agreed upon while the grown-ups talk.