Show them if you got them "Woody cabs"

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
topher said:
That's one reason we decided to move a month ago...so I could have my own little arcade. Now that I have the 2 neo cabs, a 2p sit down or standup (haven't decided yet) driver and an atomiswave setup are next on the hit list. Getting a 6' coin op pool table sometime in the next few months. Thats gonna pay for the beer, 1$ a game on the table while our mini tourneys are going on at the cabs.

Not bad! :buttrock: I don't think I'm that hardcore. I would just be happy with a cab in the corner of my living room. The only reason I haven't got one yet is I plan to move soon so it would just be another bulky item to move.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Murray said:
You don't see. Tekken was exactly the wrong game to judge Sanwa sticks on. Try a 2D fighter that needs lots of precise diagonals (any KOF or 3rd Strike) and then you'll really see the difference.

I wasn't completely sold on them until I played 3rd Strike on a candy cab with Sanwa sticks. After that, it was all over for me and Happ.
Actually I was just talking about that on another thread on the tech section.

Just so you know I do see! further than any man has seen across the barriers of time and space! you Motha:mr_t:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Here's the second woody i aquired earlier on in the year a Lordsvale dedicated neo-cab....done a few jobs on this to make it minty again!!....fitted new Happ sticks & shortened them by 10mm...fit new happ convex comp buttons....so i'm happy with those...although sanwa are better...i like to keep them as close to original as possible:D
It has a mint pictured Hantrex polo 20"....although i had to recently replace the Lopt...(the body was cracked & it was hissing like crazy!...all as new again now.
I fitted new castors on the back...they were missing!?...the cred LED was missing too so i sourced & fit one of those...fitted a discreet pause switch...
It original was a two slot from the factory....it came with a 1-slot...& i was running a 4-slot for a while....now it has a new 6-slot motor!!!:buttrock: ...mobo cover re-sprayed & laquerd.....& filled with a few of my favourites.

neo-cabs002.jpg

The pause switch is on the left...under the speaker...

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey guys I have a mix of woody cabs and candies...but here you go.

RoomFull1.jpg

RoomFull2.jpg

I have posted the wood cabs before, but these are all custom works.

I designed all the art and such, lots of work but gives you some nice original cabs.

Everybody has a candy...not everyone has one of these.

SSS

neo retired
Not pictured is my 27" candy.

hangonneo.jpg
outrunchase.jpg

That chase hq is actually devoid of any gameboard or monitor. I picked it up for free and intend to eventually restore it, or chop it for parts.

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice. Outrun is a classic. Nice to see a final fight further up the page too!

I keep saying i want to sell my woody and get a candy but I dont know if I could do it :(

Living in England, growing up all we had was woodies. In pubs, at caravan sites, in arcades at the beach. outrun, double dragon, turtles, final fight, streetfighter 2 etc. Brings back good memories :crying:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Bump to this thread seeing as how the candy cab thread is doing so well. These pics are reposts cos the other ones got deleted.

fullcab.jpg

CP-1.jpg

marquee.jpg

cabart.jpg

And for good measure, my old games collection :D

games.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
i need to get new pics of my cab up , aint used it in months though :(

Neo Gold

kernow said:
i need to get new pics of my cab up , aint used it in months though :(
Hey Kern...so you finished the woody you were working on?...great...we look forward to the piccy's.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
demirichris said:
Hey guys I have a mix of woody cabs and candies...but here you go.

RoomFull1.jpg

RoomFull2.jpg

I have posted the wood cabs before, but these are all custom works.

I designed all the art and such, lots of work but gives you some nice original cabs.

Everybody has a candy...not everyone has one of these.

I am in love with that blue snk cab. One of the best looking neo cabs ive ever seen..besides mine of course..lol

nice work

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
NEO GOLD said:
Hey Kern...so you finished the woody you were working on?...great...we look forward to the piccy's.

nope, still need to do the monitor bezel and touch up the paint

tbh i havent played it in months, its moving from the kitchen to the lounge soon, so woot might play it more.

I bought some tools today ready for making the bezel so I will get on it some time this decade I expect.

NEO GOLD said:
Lordsvale dedicated neo-cab....

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I figured it's more polite then a random PM. I'm just about to take delivery of a 4-slot Lordsvale, and I was hoping you could give me some pointers as you've done a fantastic job of yours! It's my first cab, so I'm feeling a little touchie feely about it all. Would it bother you if we could chat over pm or msn?

It seems like a hard cab to find any information on at all. I've printed out the manual for the 4 slot mobo and I'll be reading it till the cab arrives in a few days :)

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
That blue cab in amazing, I would pay a shit load to get one of those. Especially one with such perfect paint.

BTW.. For all the fellow Big Red owners.... the metal hand rest in our cabs, as someone mentioned can be repainted..

..BUT... if you go to a sign shop, or someone who works with vinyl.. there is a perfect solution. They have a gloss black self adhesive material that is drop dead perfect.

Its forgiving if you screw up putting it on, but buy enough to do it 3 times over. I didn't get it right until the second piece. Its smooth, never loses color, doesn't get oily looking (for you Italians :) ) and is cheap as all hell.

If someone wants a sample to take to a shop let me know

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Konig said:
That blue cab in amazing, I would pay a shit load to get one of those. Especially one with such perfect paint.

BTW.. For all the fellow Big Red owners.... the metal hand rest in our cabs, as someone mentioned can be repainted..

..BUT... if you go to a sign shop, or someone who works with vinyl.. there is a perfect solution. They have a gloss black self adhesive material that is drop dead perfect.

Its forgiving if you screw up putting it on, but buy enough to do it 3 times over. I didn't get it right until the second piece. Its smooth, never loses color, doesn't get oily looking (for you Italians :) ) and is cheap as all hell.

If someone wants a sample to take to a shop let me know
Although vinyl is nice, painting is the way to go, because rust keep growing eventually corroting other components, specially if you have a memory card reader in your panel. My gold panel is very similar to the big red ones, and I just restored 2 Big Red panels, they came out nice like new. Although the vinyl could be nice for the sides!

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I didn't mean cover over rust... but the new paint that was on mine when I bought it didn't last more than a few months of real playing.

I hesitate to call it vinyl, since its so smooth and thin...very plastic like. I originally went in for regular black vinyl, but saw this and it was a much better choice.

So I sanded it down, rustolium (sp) flat black (light coat) , let it dry real good, then apply the plastic/vinyl stuff. Its been perfect for 2.5 years and counting.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Konig said:
I didn't mean cover over rust... but the new paint that was on mine when I bought it didn't last more than a few months of real playing.

I hesitate to call it vinyl, since its so smooth and thin...very plastic like. I originally went in for regular black vinyl, but saw this and it was a much better choice.

So I sanded it down, rustolium (sp) flat black (light coat) , let it dry real good, then apply the plastic/vinyl stuff. Its been perfect for 2.5 years and counting.
Awsome! Do you have a link to this material, sounds like the way you did it is the way to go, although the cabs I've restored have uphold real good one thing remains uncertain, I've seen material like that on old arcades, and what I found is that the curve seems to crack on some of them, any info on this?

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
thats part of the beauty of it, I have it covering from the top, down the curved end, back to where its strait again....you just keep working it from the top down and out to the sides until your done.

its like sticky window tint, but solid black and smooth....it doesn't crease easy at all, you would have to fold it. I cant count how many times I ripped off the first piece I tried. The only reason I even used a second piece is because I dropped the first on the carpet, landed sticky face down.

If you give me your address I will send you a sample of what I have left. If you cant find it, I could always get you some and you could just pay-pal me the dough. I don't remember it costing a lot.... my shop in ft. myers has a ton of it, but it would take them forever to remember to mail me some.

If a lot of people want a sample, then I could use a few bucks here and there to cover all the shipping, but I have enough for everyone to sample I'm sure.

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
I was coaching soccer on the baseball fields at ft meyers 18months ago. Gorgeous beaches there, lovely place to live, but some of the locals were pretty strange dude!!! :help:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I have to spend a few week there here and there to manage some things, its nice, but I will stay in the Tampa area for sure

Neo Gold

inanothercastle said:
Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I figured it's more polite then a random PM. I'm just about to take delivery of a 4-slot Lordsvale, and I was hoping you could give me some pointers as you've done a fantastic job of yours! It's my first cab, so I'm feeling a little touchie feely about it all. Would it bother you if we could chat over pm or msn?

It seems like a hard cab to find any information on at all. I've printed out the manual for the 4 slot mobo and I'll be reading it till the cab arrives in a few days :)
No worries matey, cheers for the heads up:D ....btw no need for any apologies for resurrecting this thread!!...as we need more pic's of old school woodies:buttrock:
I'm unable to post anymore pic's at the mo until i get my cpu at home up & running!!...:( ...just moved house.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Could you please post more pics of this beautiful cab, I really would like to do a conversion, and the shape is screaming for a lordsdale copycat!

NEO GOLD said:
Here's the second woody i aquired earlier on in the year a Lordsvale dedicated neo-cab....done a few jobs on this to make it minty again!!....fitted new Happ sticks & shortened them by 10mm...fit new happ convex comp buttons....so i'm happy with those...although sanwa are better...i like to keep them as close to original as possible:D
It has a mint pictured Hantrex polo 20"....although i had to recently replace the Lopt...(the body was cracked & it was hissing like crazy!...all as new again now.
I fitted new castors on the back...they were missing!?...the cred LED was missing too so i sourced & fit one of those...fitted a discreet pause switch...
It original was a two slot from the factory....it came with a 1-slot...& i was running a 4-slot for a while....now it has a new 6-slot motor!!!:buttrock: ...mobo cover re-sprayed & laquerd.....& filled with a few of my favourites.

neo-cabs002.jpg

The pause switch is on the left...under the speaker...