Show them if you got them "Woody cabs"

Foxen

Quiz Detective
Here is my baby... :smirk:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
lush . . . . but you cant hyperlink from your own desktop dude. You gotta sign up to photobucket.com and upload it first.

Foxen

Quiz Detective
My noobness really shines through here, how do i get my pictures on here...I don't have an url link... Thanks for going easy on me lol..:help:

Foxen

Quiz Detective
Thank you, i pride my self in taking care of my arcade collection. The neo-geo is the baby though, pay a little more attention to it than the others lol....

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Well, I chose to get a candy cab over a big red so these are my two woodys.

A DDR machine, and a MAME machine in progress.

DDR.JPG

Grimspoon

New Challenger
A few pics of my MVS-4-25 (ver. 3) - Big Red. Picked this up last month in Michigan (drove out from Windsor, Ont. in a rental pickup just to grab this) and have been in the process of trying to fix it up.

When I first got it the CP was full of crappy Happ rip-off buttons, but at least the sticks were Happ. Not that it mattered, everything felt very worn out and loose.

Cab-Old.jpg

In the process of putting new buttons/sticks in the cab. I have a bunch of Seimitsu screw-in buttons I wanted to put in, but screw-ins don't fit in the holes!!!

So I used some barely used Hori proprietary buttons I ripped out of a Tekken 5 Anniversary stick (snap-ins) as place-holders. The white start/select buttons ARE Happ, which were spare from an old MAS arcade stick I was working on.

Cab02.jpg

Externally, everything looks pretty good I think...

Cab01.jpg

...except the previous owner ripped out the original wooden mounting board for the EL panels, put in his own lighting, and lost the red 4-slot header! He still had the original EL panels, but neglected to give them to me. When I asked if he actually had them, he said he would look and send em if he found em. Few weeks later I see he's selling them on ebay along with some MVS carts. What an asshole!

He also failed to mention that his retard sons smashed in the pins on the 1st slot in the 4-slot motherboard. Didn't discover that little gem till I got this thing home. After I figured it out, I called him on it and he refused to do anything about it. Didn't even apolgize.

Afterwards is when I noticed his auction with the El panels, overall - I'm not impressed.

My biggest regret is leaving him positive feedback before I realised what was up with the 4-slot!

Marquee.jpg

I eventually replaced the motherboard, I bought new EL panels - I just need to get a new 4-slot header and fabricate a wooden mounting board that's somehwat close in style to the original.

The cab cost me $450 USD, and about $150 USD to drive out to Michigan and pick it up. Spent $130 USD for a new 4-slot board and $20 for the EL panels.

So roughly $750 - too much money in my opinion. Live and learn - I really wish I had just went all out and bought a really nice candy cab...

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Granted you spent more than most would, but candies in no way compare to Big Reds, there's just no way, no how. Think of it this way, the sides look mint, no bangs or deep gouges on it, that a big plus. Those EL panels, most of them don't work at all, so people find their own way to iluminate the cab, the dumb fuck went the wrong way, but nonetheless you can easily fix that.

Get those Tekken buttons out of there, put some real happs parts in there, you can get a set up for 50 bucks all new buttons and sticks.

I think you got a sweet cab, you just got to give it some love. 750 oh well, I've heard worst.

Grimspoon said:
A few pics of my MVS-4-25 (ver. 3) - Big Red. Picked this up last month in Michigan (drove out from Windsor, Ont. in a rental pickup just to grab this) and have been in the process of trying to fix it up.

When I first got it the CP was full of crappy Happ rip-off buttons, but at least the sticks were Happ. Not that it mattered, everything felt very worn out and loose.

Cab-Old.jpg

In the process of putting new buttons/sticks in the cab. I have a bunch of Seimitsu screw-in buttons I wanted to put in, but screw-ins don't fit in the holes!!!

So I used some barely used Hori proprietary buttons I ripped out of a Tekken 5 Anniversary stick (snap-ins) as place-holders. The white start/select buttons ARE Happ, which were spare from an old MAS arcade stick I was working on.

Cab02.jpg

Externally, everything looks pretty good I think...

Cab01.jpg

...except the previous owner ripped out the original wooden mounting board for the EL panels, put in his own lighting, and lost the red 4-slot header! He still had the original EL panels, but neglected to give them to me. When I asked if he actually had them, he said he would look and send em if he found em. Few weeks later I see he's selling them on ebay along with some MVS carts. What an asshole!

He also failed to mention that his retard sons smashed in the pins on the 1st slot in the 4-slot motherboard. Didn't discover that little gem till I got this thing home. After I figured it out, I called him on it and he refused to do anything about it. Didn't even apolgize.

Afterwards is when I noticed his auction with the El panels, overall - I'm not impressed.

My biggest regret is leaving him positive feedback before I realised what was up with the 4-slot!

Marquee.jpg

I eventually replaced the motherboard, I bought new EL panels - I just need to get a new 4-slot header and fabricate a wooden mounting board that's somehwat close in style to the original.

The cab cost me $450 USD, and about $150 USD to drive out to Michigan and pick it up. Spent $130 USD for a new 4-slot board and $20 for the EL panels.

So roughly $750 - too much money in my opinion. Live and learn - I really wish I had just went all out and bought a really nice candy cab...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I put a card bezel on my cab last night , it makes the screen area a bit more presentable, unfortunately its not perfect and a tiny bit rough, but I basically had to estimate the monitor shape in the middle of the square card, and it turned out well.

select button next probably, then maybe I'll play it :annoyed:

Foxen

Quiz Detective
I must say, i do enjoy to look at other versions of the cabs.. I really like those austrailian versions.. Thanks for the pics

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
FOXEN: You have some very nice side art on that b-red. Its very rare to find them with such unfaded, un-rubbed off , side art.

Foxen

Quiz Detective
Thanks, i keep all of my arcade machines in Arcade Bags... And keep them moisture free. I take extra care with this beauty.. Thanks for appreciating a nice machine.

Grimspoon

New Challenger
What are arcade bags?

And electricgrave - I do intend to get those Hori buttons out of the cab, but I will be replacing them with seimitsu buttons and seimitsu sticks. I like jap parts way more than american parts. They just feel tighter and more responsive.

Those Hori Tekken 5 buttons are just place-holders since the buttons that came with the cab were loose like sleeve of wizard...:loco:

And ya, 750 is a bit steep, but I think I can sell the original 4-slot (3 working) on the bay and try to recoup some of the cash. Maybe bring my total down to 650.

Foxen

Quiz Detective
The arcade bags as i call them are found on Happs website. They are just arcade covers keeps machines for the normal wear and tear, but they are "bagged" constantly... It was a little pricey to cover all of my arcade machine, considering i have 6... But very worth it

A machine the size of a neo-geo or smaller will cost $90.
A larger size machine Mortal Kombat2 and larger $116
and as for a cocktail table im still looking to see if they have one, i'll probably just call them. as i need to cover my 39-1 deticated pac/midway cocktail.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Spent a few hours on sunday with friends using a piece of black card to make a bezel for my cabs monitor , as I needed one and didn't like the plastic alternatives. anyway it looks ok but its a little out of shape, it was pretty hard working out how to cut a perfect monitor shape in a square of card. I bet magna could do it easy :emb:

4 people in one room, 6 degrees total and it still took 4 hours :emb:

anyway here we go .. new pics as of just now :

DSCN0228.JPG

bezel looks ok i think

DSCN0229.JPG

close up , you can sorta see the bluetack :(

DSCN0230.JPG

control panel. I dont like the happ sticks but I couldnt be assed to adapt it to sanwa :emb:

DSCN0231.JPG

it plays ok , the 2nd stick could do with being an inch across though, oh well, it was 3 button in a triangle arrangement before (see older pics)

last one , maybe I should have turned it on ¬_¬

DSCN0232.JPG

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
That actually looks pretty good kern, better than anything I could do for sure.

Pick my fiance took of me playing the 4 slot he bought me. more pics up on friday of the new ones he bought. He bought another 4 slot, an Atomiswave game"Dolphin Blue" and an Asteriods Deluxe

mvs001.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
kernow said:
Spent a few hours on sunday with friends using a piece of black card to make a bezel for my cabs monitor , as I needed one and didn't like the plastic alternatives. anyway it looks ok but its a little out of shape, it was pretty hard working out how to cut a perfect monitor shape in a square of card. I bet magna could do it easy :emb:

4 people in one room, 6 degrees total and it still took 4 hours :emb:

anyway here we go .. new pics as of just now :

DSCN0228.JPG

bezel looks ok i think

DSCN0229.JPG

close up , you can sorta see the bluetack :(

DSCN0230.JPG

control panel. I dont like the happ sticks but I couldnt be assed to adapt it to sanwa :emb:

DSCN0231.JPG

it plays ok , the 2nd stick could do with being an inch across though, oh well, it was 3 button in a triangle arrangement before (see older pics)

last one , maybe I should have turned it on ¬_¬

DSCN0232.JPG

Awsome job!, looks a lot better now, all you need is a CP overlay, and you'reall set, you could also take off that bule thing, and cover the whole front with black vinyl.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Little Lady said:
Pick my fiance took of me playing the 4 slot he bought me. more pics up on friday of the new ones he bought. He bought another 4 slot, an Atomiswave game"Dolphin Blue" and an Asteriods Deluxe

mvs001.jpg
Now that is just plain cool, minty cab sides!