Show Your Desktop Ultra Hyper 2023 Edition Plus Alpha

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't really have a computer, only my work laptop with a plain background 🤷‍♂️

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Tell you what though, I don't have any icons on my desktop, never have
Not quite understood why people have links to acrobat and stuff that is just associated with files - weird way to use a computer opening the app first and then locating your file

Odd
There's a start menu and taskbar sticky icons exactly for this reason

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
1676223357944.png

I've only started playing Scorn, but it's cool enough for a desktop

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I haven't run Linux directly for years but when I did I'd run fluxbox or something as a WM. people would use my computer and sit down to a plain grey wallpaper with *nothing* on the screen

No menus no icons no windows, just a square of grey wtf how do I use this? Oh there's a right click menu ok

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
sit down to a plain grey wallpaper with *nothing* on the screen

Haha, nice. Since I use a tiling window manager I never see my desktop, so it's always empty. Didn't even bother with a background image.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I would run xfce sometimes and people would be perplexed.
I let my exwife's sister check her email one time and she simply couldn't comprehend that there were 2 completely independent displays running on the same machine.
These days people think my computer is broken because they can't find the start bar.
It's at the top of the screen... Where it fucking belongs.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've just looked at that again M
It's an absolute disaster I'm afraid. I never get the whole family photos or image that's gonna be covered in shit anyway

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Laptop:
PSMOgHs.png

Might post the desktop later if I feel like it. Laptop is on Ubuntu MATE, desktop on Linux Mint. Basically the same shit but Mint wanted a bios update before it would boot on the laptop, whereas Ubuntu MATE booted right up and then asked me to install the bios update from the GUI. Much easier than making a live USB of the bios files so that's what I did.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Gui based bios tool for Linux jeez, this is definitely the year of the Linux desktop. I cut my teeth on slackware in 1998 and lol fuck you you're on your own.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Screenshot_20230212-170245.pngScreenshot_20230213-104208.png
Might as well properly participate I reckon.
Might do the desktop later if it gets booted up today.
How about some lock screen action as well.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Gold trader eh? I dabbled a while back. Had about 200g of bullion

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Gui based bios tool for Linux jeez, this is definitely the year of the Linux desktop. I cut my teeth on slackware in 1998 and lol fuck you you're on your own.
I tried Linux when my parents bought a Windows ME desktop, but I was only like 11 and Linux was fucking hard back then. Eventually got XP and stuck with that until about 2006 or so when I tried Ubuntu. Been using Linux ever since. Used all the *buntus, Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mageia, Puppy, Sabayon, MX Linux, Antix, etc. Nowadays I just stick with Mint most of the time, unless something doesn't work.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Gold trader eh? I dabbled a while back. Had about 200g of bullion
More of a silver guy but yeah.
I'd figure other than beans and bullets I best have something to hopefully fall back on when the dollar gets inflated into worthlessness.
So I picked bullion.

I tried Linux when my parents bought a Windows ME desktop, but I was only like 11 and Linux was fucking hard back then. Eventually got XP and stuck with that until about 2006 or so when I tried Ubuntu. Been using Linux ever since. Used all the *buntus, Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mageia, Puppy, Sabayon, MX Linux, Antix, etc. Nowadays I just stick with Mint most of the time, unless something doesn't work.
My first tango with Linux was Mandrake back in the day. Moved to Red Hat from there. Tried Ubuntu later but wasn't quite satisfied with it.
Went straight Debian for a long time.
These days I usually default to Mint or at least a Debian based distro, Most of my computing time is split between Android & Mac OS now.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Shut up and get a job fag-stain

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I just have family pics but my desktop is clean so they don’t get covered.

But! I don’t know how to take a pic of my desktop so oh well. :emb: