Simpsons Movie

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
So, it looks like that was the big announcement that Fox was advertising would be revealed tonight. What do you guys think?

BTW, the movie's scheduled to be in theaters July 27, 2007.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Lame. Simpsons arent funny anymore and the big anouncement should have been to cancel the whole damn thing.

ray_7

A great way to earn more cash even after 17 seasons.

I don't know, it won't be good but I'm still gonna d'l it anyway. :tickled:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Lame. Simpsons arent funny anymore and the big anouncement should have been to cancel the whole damn thing.

yep.

cosign.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Especially since FOX announced recently The Simpsons have been renewed for an 18th AND 19th season :oh_no:

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Arcademan said:
Especially since FOX announced recently The Simpsons have been renewed for an 18th AND 19th season :oh_no:
:confused: guess their ratings are still good enough to keep them on the air

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
A whole hour and a half of the show's shitty-ass writers trying too hard to be funny?

Pass.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I could barely sit through last weeks episode. Actually, I think I turned it off mid way through. It was the episode where some incredibly unfunny British guy falls in love with Marge. I remember he started playing the guitar and I shut that shit off. There's nothing worse than feeling embarassed for whoever wrote something so unfunny.

This movie will suck, mark my words. I'd love to be wrong but I know I won't be.

PUNJABEE

Banned
genjiglove said:
It was the episode where some incredibly unfunny British guy falls in love with Marge.

Translation "I am a complete dumbass and don't know who Ricky Gervais is." That 'incredibly unfunny British guy' you speak of is nonother than Ricky Gervais. He is the creator and head writer/producer/director of the British (original) version of The Office and also plays David Brent. The British version of Michael Scott (Steve Carrel). He is also an exec producer on the US version on NBC.

He is a comedic genius. You just don't know what funny is.

genjiglove said:
This movie will suck, mark my words.

This is complete unadulterated fact.

Last edited:

PUNJABEE

Banned
Tom Wopat said:
One day FOX will have a funny cartoon.

They did.

edit: Also I wanted to mention; in my previous post about Ricky Gervais - I was in no way defending the Simpsons TV show. The show has been unfunny for about 7 years or so. Last week's episode actually had humor in it.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
Translation "I am a complete dumbass and don't know who Ricky Gervais is." That 'incredibly unfunny British guy' you speak of is nonother than Ricky Gervais. He is the creator and head writer/producer/director of the British (original) version of The Office and also plays David Brent. The British version of Michael Scott (Steve Carrel). He is also an exec producer on the US version on NBC.

This is complete unadulterated fact.

Stop worshiping that piece of shit british comedy.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
PUNJABEE said:
Translation "I am a complete dumbass and don't know who Ricky Gervais is." That 'incredibly unfunny British guy' you speak of is nonother than Ricky Gervais. He is the creator and head writer/producer/director of the British (original) version of The Office. He is also an exec producer on the US version on NBC.

He may be the funniest motherfucker on the planet, I don't watch The Office. But he was still involved with one of the worst things I've ever seen on television. And if you can watch that episode and laugh, I don't think you should be telling people they don't know what funny is.

Why do you get so defensive about things like this? Are you even capable of having a decent conversation in real life or do you constantly insult people who don't share your exact views on something as trivial as pop culture? Try popping some Valium or something man, you need to relax.

Actually you'd probably be better off popping the entire bottle and washing it down with a bottle of Jack Daniels. Do us all a favor please.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
PUNJABEE said:
They did.

edit: Also I wanted to mention; in my previous post about Ricky Gervais - I was in no way defending the Simpsons TV show. The show has been unfunny for about 7 years or so. Last week's episode actually had humor in it.

I actually liked that episode too.:emb:

Neoray

New Challenger
Why would anyone pay 11 bucks to see the same animation on a big screen, why?

I'll Wait for the movie to be shown on FOX which should be around 3 to 4 months after the movie debuts on the bigscreen or wait for the DVD.

I don't know about any of you but that show has to go already after 17 years its done its time already, but since FOX doesn't have anything else to show they will just keep making and showing new ones.

That show is old, its time to move ahead to better shows, take a chance already FOX!

Just no more reality shows, PLEASE!!!!:very_ang:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
why would they advertise for a movie a year off?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
john lovitz does subway commercials now... and he once did a funny cartoon fox had. maybe you remember it. THE CRITIC!

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
rarehero said:
why would they advertise for a movie a year off?
they're jumping the shark, again... i have not watched a solid season of the simpsons in like 5 or six years. family guy and american dad makes me laugh though.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Decepticreep said:
they're jumping the shark, again... i have not watched a solid season of the simpsons in like 5 or six years. family guy and american dad makes me laugh though.
American Dad can be pretty funny, but Family Guy isn't that great anymore. I stopped watching Family Guy after around 7 of the episodes from 2005, have they gotten better now?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Lets Gekiga In said:
American Dad can be pretty funny, but Family Guy isn't that great anymore. I stopped watching Family Guy after around 7 of the episodes from 2005, have they gotten better now?
yeah, i think so. i laughed pretty hard when i found out that Cobra Commander was the head of the FCC.

bwodie

Another Striker
i still think the family guy eps that are coming out are excellent.. havent lost their touch at all
wish futurama was still going, each individual episode was far more unique then most other similar cartoon comedys
i think american dad is a stinking peice of shit
and i think the last 10 episodes of simpsons have shamed the cartoon as a whole!

Last edited: