"Sleeper" Arcade Titles

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I played the hell out of Radikal Bikers here on Spain on its dedicated cabinet.

I even remember we made up lyrics for the music to match the gameplay "Powerpig in your feet, your mother fucks with me" we were 15 and thought it was cool. LOL
It was popular in the USA too- many places where I grew up had it. It's an oddly addictive game.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
One of my favorites I keep coming back to- play it with the Japan roms and it’s a neat game .
View attachment 53919
seriously when will flyers and cover art for anything go back to ILLUSTRATIONS again?

I miss them so much.

Here's an ""sleeper"" arcade title not so much because of the quality but more because of the interesting biker turns werewolf concept:

0105.png
118124213619.png
0005-1.png

People label this as unreleased but I don't buy it, I haven't seen it personally but I've seen claims from people I trust that they played this in random places here in my country, maybe it was a leaked proto that got pirated?

I'm sure I'd be disappointed with reality but my imagined version of the flyer illustration for this game is glorious.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
If this is turning to a flyer thread, then a shoutout to SNK for using the most gorgeous art for football games, of all things:

tdfever2.png

tdfeverj.png

I too miss when game art was lovingly illustrated instead of screenshots or pre-renders.

ON TOPIC: Capcom's pre-CPS1 game Speed Rumber is pretty sweet and absolutely nobody talks about it. It's basically commando in a car, but you can hop in and out of your car whenever you want. Fun movement too, with drifts and a dedicated dodge roll while on foot. Really wish this got a fleshed-out console version back in the day like Strider or Bionic Commando on the NES. PCB goes for pretty cheap too, worth picking up for sure if you find it

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Vendetta doesn’t get enough love. Neither does Wrestlefest if I’m on my soapbox. Martial Masters gets FGC love, but not enough overall.

Lastly, disagree or not, but Rampart is a banger that gets zero mentions nowadays.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
That looks great. That period when fantasy was an arcade element, so good
I love fantasy themed arcade games. I was so into Crossed Swords when I was a kid. Also the original Gauntlet or two, I was pretty immersed in that shit for some hours.

Knights of the Round by Capcom, not sure if this is really "underrated" as its appeared in at least one port compilation I believe. But a medieval fantasy game that I stayed awake to play for quite some time when I was just a wee little shemale.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I love fantasy themed arcade games. I was so into Crossed Swords when I was a kid. Also the original Gauntlet or two, I was pretty immersed in that shit for some hours.

Knights of the Round by Capcom, not sure if this is really "underrated" as its appeared in at least one port compilation I believe. But a medieval fantasy game that I stayed awake to play for quite some time when I was just a wee little shemale.
One hundred percent

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Loved Knights of the Round, thought that was only me because the arcade was always available.

We all know who is THE true KING OF fantasy themes arcade games, but that's not a sleeper title at all so I won't mention it to not poke at the DRAGONS.