small Shipping LifeHack with paypal

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just recently found out about a way to create First Class, Media Mail, and Priority labels online without using USPS or Stamps.com USPS doesn't let you ship any other method than Priority Mail in the Online store.

Stamps.com can do this, but it has a required membership fee.

Apparently you can use Paypal to create First Class, Media Mail, and other shipping labels with their ebay affiliation. Requires Paypal account of course. Use the following link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Maybe this is common knowledge, but it's way more convenient than my post office. It's not that far away, but i've had enough sass from the women that work at that location.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Oh dang, thanks for this! This will save time looking up Media Mail rates and buying the stamps from the RoboClerk. Anything that saves me a trip to the stupid post office is appreciated!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Been using that for probably 2 years. Problem is you can't do first class international which kinda sucks.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That link is fantastic. I've used it for years and it has been a life saver when I've had to send forum based sales to people as some people just like to gift and it makes it so fast and easy. I think if you throw the optional email address in there it should mail the recipient a tracking number too. The form in the last year got far easier, when it first came out it had a couple pages of odd junk to fill out and lots of stuff to click on, then it would print out invoices and things like the multi-order shipping tool they have (had?) too. Also using that site shipping should get the same online discount pricing the USPS/Stamps gives too vs going into the post office.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Jibbs told me about this a while back, it's saved me a ton of cash.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah its pretty awesome,been using over 5 years now.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Been using that for probably 2 years. Problem is you can't do first class international which kinda sucks.

You can use usps.com for this and pay with Paypal.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I could've sworn I once managed to get paypal's shipping to print me out international postage on a manila envelope (SD cards packed inside cardboard) that I sent to Germany.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This comes up every so often but it never hurts to be reminded.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
@NeoSneth, I used to hate going to that very post office, if its the one further up your street towards SLU. Back when I started college there (1999), I used to have to go there for money orders and it was always a giant ordeal. I actually quit buying stuff on Ebay for a while b/c I was so sick of it.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member

Been using this 7 years now - yeah, very handy.

@Fox - they added 1st class international about a month ago. Two options in fact - First class letter, First class package.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
@NeoSneth, I used to hate going to that very post office, if its the one further up your street towards SLU. Back when I started college there (1999), I used to have to go there for money orders and it was always a giant ordeal. I actually quit buying stuff on Ebay for a while b/c I was so sick of it.

That's the one. I'd rather go to any of the DMV's around here before i have to go to that post office. Even the postmaster has attitude.

Looks like I'm late to the game with link, but i was so damn excited i had to share. lol

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Been using this 7 years now - yeah, very handy.

@Fox - they added 1st class international about a month ago. Two options in fact - First class letter, First class package.

Did they? I guess I haven't noticed cause I continued to think it wasn't there lol.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I just recently found out about a way to create First Class, Media Mail, and Priority labels online without using USPS or Stamps.com USPS doesn't let you ship any other method than Priority Mail in the Online store.

Stamps.com can do this, but it has a required membership fee.

Apparently you can use Paypal to create First Class, Media Mail, and other shipping labels with their ebay affiliation. Requires Paypal account of course. Use the following link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Maybe this is common knowledge, but it's way more convenient than my post office. It's not that far away, but i've had enough sass from the women that work at that location.

I've been doing this for many years. I assumed it was common knowledge but judging by this thread maybe not.