SNES to 3DO Controller adapter review and giveaway...helping a friend out

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

friend of mine from Discord made this and I told him I'd review it and make a vid / give one away

So that's what I did. If you own a 3DO go enter

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nice. kind of wish I didnt sell off all my 3DO stuff years ago. Wouldn't mind playing some Road Rash....

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Just get it for PSX. Still have my copy.

Don't have my PSX anymore either :D

Or PS2...
Or PS4...
Or PS Vita...
Or Genesis...
Or Sega CD...
Or Saturn...
Or Dreamcast...
Or Gameboy...
Or Gameboy Color...
Or DS...
Or 3DS...
Or Virtual Boy...
Or Turbo Grafx...
Or Duo RX...
Or Lynx...
Or Atomiswave

:p

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ya tho I still have my AES, a bunch of Nintendo and Xbox consoles as well.

Still too much tho...just been too lazy to sell them off. Ideally I'd like to get it down to a handful of the A1Ups, the AES, the NES and SNES minis and possibly Xbone.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yeah, you should sell all that stuff and just stick with a few Arcade1Up cabs and raspberry pi emulators in fake plastic housing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Ya tho I still have my AES, a bunch of Nintendo and Xbox consoles as well.

Still too much tho...just been too lazy to sell them off. Ideally I'd like to get it down to a handful of the A1Ups, the AES, the NES and SNES minis and possibly Xbone.
If you're going to go all Arcade 1up and emulator boxes anyway, why not just build an emulation PC and be done with it?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
If you're going to go all Arcade 1up and emulator boxes anyway, why not just build an emulation PC and be done with it?

Not going to do 100% emulation as I mentioned I am going to keep my AES stuff.

I do have a PC which I am using with a cockpit/wheel and BigBox for arcade racing games (Awbacon your video on SuperModel 3 was awesome and very helpful btw).

Also in the process of putting another PC in a A1Up for vertical shmups. Been considering putting one in my Street Fighter A1Up to have every Capcom fighter from SF1 through SF5 well....though I'd need another PC.

I dunno why, I like the form factor of A1Ups and really is alot of fun w/ the kids. yeah I could just plug in a couple of arcade sticks into a pc but just feels less interesting...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
yeah I could just plug in a couple of arcade sticks into a pc but just feels less interesting...
Yeah it really sucks playing games on a display with a good stick. A miniature corkboard arcade cabinet is a lot better.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
OK Sylvie. I get you like to stir up drama but is there really nothing more interesting for you to sink your teeth into than middle-aged men who play A1Up with their kids? Are you really that bored?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Still sitting on my near complete 3DO collection. i had a good 2 years with that platform in the era of FZ-10

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
lol I’ve got half a dozen variants if you need photos. Hands down my fav game ever made
I just noticed it had flight stick support. wtf... this game continues to amaze.