SNK Classics V.1 for the Wii is out this week...

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Checked every game last night as I nabbed a copy.

The good

1.)Games run much much better(Except for Magician Lord)

2.)Saving is superfast and doesnt take forever like the PS2 did.

3.)Crisp and sharp image on HDTV.

4.)Supports Wiimotes,Classic Pads and GAMECUBE Pads(which for me means my PS2 Hori stick to GCN adapter and it works!!)

Not so good

1.)Baseball Stars 2 is still running a weird rom

2.)Samurai Shodown is missing the voice over in the opening cinema

3.)Magician Lord still has major tiling!(Some other games display a very slight hint of it but not enough to notice unless you are looking for it.)

Overall a much much better version of the PS2 one.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Oh I will have to check that! I could swear my US Copy of AOF Anthology has it.

I just did a check and here is the following:

Art of fighting collection Jpn - voices everywhere, on the intro and Ryo speaks Japanese whereas Robert speaks English during the cut scenes

Art of fighting Anthology USA - No voice over on the Intro, Ryo doesnt speak during the cutscenes and Robert speaks English. Even when you change the settings to Japanese Ryo still doesnt speak

Art of fighting SNK classics - No voice over on the Intro, Ryo doesnt speak during the cutscenes and Robert speaks English. You cant change the language so we will never know

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
Does anyone know if the Wii version supports 480p? I know its way better than the PS2 version already so I'm definetly getting Wii version, but I'm just curious. For the next batch of compilations (SS, KOF) I think unless one verison is clearly supperior than the othter I'll choose depending on 480p support.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
It may be just me, but Metal Slug on the Wii appears to have enhanced sounds and background graphics? Slightly....

Maybe it was just because it is the first time I have played it using a HDTV and surround sound system? The picture is razor sharp.

There were items in the deep background I hadn't noticed before... perhaps it was because I wasn't playing at all, and was just watching the game....

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Checked every game last night as I nabbed a copy.

The good

1.)Games run much much better(Except for Magician Lord)

2.)Saving is superfast and doesnt take forever like the PS2 did.

Guess that's what the power of two Gamecubes can do! ;)

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I picked up the PSP version tonight, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll throw in my two cents sometime tomorrow.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I just picked this up tonight, and is it just me, or are the fighting games better on the VC? Samurai Shodown had some really wierd sounding samples. And you can't get to any of the options before the game starts? like on the VC version (and every other version, for that matter) of KOF 94, you could choose your difficulty, then team or single play. Not so in this version. Though if it is, I'd love for someone to tell me how. See, the instruction book I got is 100% in french, which I can't read, so no help there. Totally love it otherwise though.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Which version of Shock Troopers is in the game? I remember BBH talking about two different versions and the one that sounds kind of crappy was the version they used for the PS2 port.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
PS2 version of this turd is now 10$ at Wal-Mart.

Also, every other PS2 SNK collection (except for Metal Slug Anthology) is 10$ there.

Local store still has MS4/5 for $39.99!

PS2 version of this turd is now 10$ at Wal-Mart.

Also, every other PS2 SNK collection (except for Metal Slug Anthology) is 10$ there.

Local store still has MS4/5 for $39.99!

To be fair, the Wii version doesn't have the slowdown issues the PS2 version does. Hell, it eliminated the slowdown in stuff like Metal Slug.

Actually, after comparing the two versions side by side, I noticed the PS2 version couldn't even get its menus running smoothly. Well, whatever.

The Wii version is just missing the hitflashes in the games... some of them are there for Metal Slug, the hitflashes in Shock troopers are black instead of white.... uhm... and the other issue is that the announcer voice in SamSho is all garbled. So it's not too bad. But I finally sucked it up and opted to finally pick up the Neo versions of these games. SNK's just never going to get it right.