SNKP shows interest in releasing Samurai Spirits Zero Special on console for the 1st time

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've heard some people say that it's now available on PSN in Japan. Can someone confirm?

chrd

n00b
At the moment most votes (3800 out of 15.500 if I recall correctly) go to MOTW.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Voted for TSS, since I've never even seen them consider bringing that over before. Played it once at another forum member's house and it was a ton of fun.

I was very surprised SSVS on there too, but I'm not the biggest SamSho fan in the universe. LB for lyfe.

I mentioned this on one of the other threads here about this poll, but I voted for TSS as well. I think it's a very good vote based on the quality of the game, the difficulty of procuring the original format, and most of all, that the gameplay of it really seems suitable for a widespread, inexpensive digital release on a console with online play. I can really see a lot of friends getting into this with me that may not have been at all inclined to, if it wasn't on Playstation (people who have barely heard of Neo-Geo).

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Happy to see SS5 Special's in the top 3 right now. I'd love to play an uncensored version of 5 Special that doesn't require a $1000 cart or emulation to experience.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
put a vote on SSVS. still wanna see TSS rerelease too though!

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
SSVS for me. Have or have had all the others but that is actually a game I have never played or owned before. They would have my money.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
it's funny to see the results did not change in these past days.
I mean, Garou still has two times more votes than last blade 2.
Last blade 2 is still a bit ahead of Samurai Shodown V Special which is still the third...

It doesn't matter the number of votes the share is the same.
Seems like this poll is rigged

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
This is about the only way I could see owning this game feasable cause AES or MVS it's way to pricey and it's far from the best game on the system.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Man, I would love to see Last Blade 2 with netplay. If any game deserves a renaissance...

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Man, I would love to see Last Blade 2 with netplay. If any game deserves a renaissance...

I'd prefer a real sequence, or a hd remaster.
But since SNKP is way too lazy, let's deal this re-release.
BTW, LB2 is only 16 votes ahead of SSVS, when will this poll be closed? it's about time.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Garou already saw a recent port onto the 360. Why does it need another?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
SSVS? No. The Atomiswave PS2 game Sam Sho Sen (or 6 or whatever) was put up there.

I think there was a PSP port of that one in the Sam Sho collection they did a while ago. The load times on PSP though. Ugh.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member

The PSP version was done by Terminal Reality (or whoever), the same inept group behind the other Western compilations. In typical East VS West right hand not knowing what the left is doing style SSVS was originally announced as being included but was cut in the end. In their laziness they left the ROM files and directory structures for SSVS still on the final UMD but just removed the ability to pick it from the frontend.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
I come from the thought that, if a game hasn't had any ports yet, go for that one. SSVS does deserve a port so more people can have access to it and play rather than the high price for the cart. Even if they do release it digitally for say the ps4 (or whatever they choose), the cart version will still retain all the rareness for the simple fact its in pure Neo cart form. That you simply cannot get anywhere else.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want to vote for Garou or FFS - are they better games? Well that's subjective but in my opinion, yeah they are. But I can play that shit already. Let's do SSVS. That game is good too and not enough people have been given the chance to experience it.