Snug fit box protectors for AES games

PeterWar

I put my balls in the closet
I've been using snug fit box protectors from The Box Protector Shop (Netherlands) for many years, they make your game look great on the shelf, but I'm afraid that these protectors can potentially dent your games when opening and closing them, it is a very delicate process.

IMG_0842.jpg

An alternative could be to use DIN-A4 plastic protectors, but they just don't feel as good as the other box protector.

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-07 a las 0.42.16.png

I don't like keeping the games unprotected, is there another alternative you could recommend?

Thanks!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If those are like the ones sold on eBay,I do not recommend using them at all.I tore an insert with open and close flap...good thing the insert was a common.
I seem to recall a member having his carts in individual plexi-glas enclosures....
BB

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
If those are like the ones sold on eBay,I do not recommend using them at all.I tore an insert with open and close flap...good thing the insert was a common.
I seem to recall a member having his carts in individual plexi-glas enclosures....
BB

This is nuts (plexi-glass enlosures), I was also thinking it might be keeping the moisture inside the cases as well along with making the snap-lock case covers wrinkle in such tight space.

I have many/most games for 20+ years and as long as I got them new, I've managed to keep them in almost the same conditions (while I played them once a while) by keeping my hands clean, taking out games gently and carefully, and flip through manuals carefully only on the edge to minimize any bend/crinkles. There's really no need to go overboard. This is the reason SNK released AES games without the factory cellophane shrink wrap.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I would be less concerned about protecting the box and more about protecting the inserts, especially on the old vinyl cases. They will stick to the cases if you don't protect them properly. I suggest doing it for the new style cases too.

PeterWar

I would be less concerned about protecting the box and more about protecting the inserts, especially on the old vinyl cases. They will stick to the cases if you don't protect them properly. I suggest doing it for the new style cases too.
Interesting, how would you do that? you just completely remove them from the box?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
cut 0.005 mylar plastic to fit the box and place a sheet in front of and behind the insert. It is archival and will keep the insert in nice shape.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member

I got a relatively cheap copy of King of Monsters 2 AES JP recently, everything is in top shop except the insert is stuck to the case cover. If I try to separate the insert from the case cover part of the insert will be gone and torn (got stuck to the cover).

PeterWar

I got a relatively cheap copy of King of Monsters 2 AES JP recently, everything is in top shop except the insert is stuck to the case cover. If I try to separate the insert from the case cover part of the insert will be gone and torn (got stuck to the cover).
Do this occur due to humidity, sunfade or a combination of both?