So did anyone buy a 3DS?

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
I did, got street fighter with it for 15 bux, then got ridge racer and nintendogs and cats for $10 off and a $10 giftcard. The games are ok, ridge racer is basic but fun and the graphics are ok (you can tell they made it quick) but the 3D is really well done. Street Fighter is pretty awesome though I wish the dpad was easier to access. Nintendogs is basically the same game with better graphics. What I will say I am blown away by is the AR software and the Faceraiders game that is included in the system. They are probably the most fun games and have the most WOW factor. Anyone elses thoughts?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
donkey.jpg

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
I got it with SSF4, and I am loving it so far. Controls took me some time to get used to but I think I finallly did, gameplay is great which for me was the deal maker / breaker, graphics look really good too, kina like a cleaner PSP (ie non pixelated textures).

Also, heas up if you are a SSF4 user and don't care much for the 3d effect. If you turn off the 3d from the in game options (not just the slider) you will get the game running at full 60 fps.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The price has to go down for me to bite. $250 is way too much for me to spend on a handheld.

aria

Former Moderator
Played it in Santa Monica last week, they had a big display with six games. It was neat but not $250 neat... yet. I did like the way they integrated the camera into 3-d games like with those cards and things.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Played it in Santa Monica last week, they had a big display with six games. It was neat but not $250 neat... yet. I did like the way they integrated the camera into 3-d games like with those cards and things.
I've played around with the cards a little more today. It's pretty fuckin' spiffy, if I do say so. Once you open the six mini games up you can unlock a 'shop' where you can spend your coins earned from the pedometer. I was able to open up a 3D globe, which had a pin stuck in my home state.

The cards are awsome and I can't wait to lay hands on some more.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I will think about it once the R4 type cards show up :D

aria

Former Moderator
I've played around with the cards a little more today. It's pretty fuckin' spiffy, if I do say so. Once you open the six mini games up you can unlock a 'shop' where you can spend your coins earned from the pedometer. I was able to open up a 3D globe, which had a pin stuck in my home state.

The cards are awsome and I can't wait to lay hands on some more.

The guy at the booth in Santa Monica (they were all hired by Nintendo) said the cards can be photocopied and the 3DS would still be able to recognize them. That made me realize that if Nintendo really wanted to have fun with owners they could start printing new cards in newspapers or that people could print at home.

Again --I see a ton of potential with this device. I just want to wait and see if they take full advantage.

Once I saw one in person, I totally understood why all the consumer electronic blogs started saying the technology could be early versions of stuff that will be everywhere down the line.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
The guy at the booth in Santa Monica (they were all hired by Nintendo) said the cards can be photocopied and the 3DS would still be able to recognize them. That made me realize that if Nintendo really wanted to have fun with owners they could start printing new cards in newspapers or that people could print at home.

Nintendo's got .PDF files of all the cards in case you lose one of the pack-in cards.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I haven't enjoyed a handheld in years. The closest I've gotten is angry birds. I already have my phone and ipod in my pocket. Not looking for a 3rd electronic device.

SSS

neo retired
The party poopers will say, why go through all that trouble when you could just photoshop in the same image. The cards are neater than that though, try picking one up in your hand and turning it around. It will look like you got a 3D model in your hand that your rotating, you can even flip them almost upside down, as long as the camera can still see the card face.

aria

Former Moderator
The party poopers will say, why go through all that trouble when you could just photoshop in the same image. The cards are neater than that though, try picking one up in your hand and turning it around. It will look like you got a 3D model in your hand that your rotating, you can even flip them almost upside down, as long as the camera can still see the card face.

My "wow" moment was a game where a dragon was emerging from the card and I could walk around it to avoid it's bullets while shooting it while it was kept in more-or-less perfect perspective. It made me wish the screen were as big as an iPad to see the effect on a larger scale.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'll wait until E3 comes to see whether the other two companies have something brewing. If either of them does, then a price drop can't be far off.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
The lackluster appearance in games, design, features and specs make me excited for NGP.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I too, even after all these years- am excited for Neo Geo Pocket.

xEden

Crazed MVS Addict
:lol:

Now seriously, I too think that Sony's handheld looks more promising. I will probably end up getting the 3DS later on, but only when the inevitable revamped version comes out and really good titles are already available.

Let's just hope the NGP retails for a reasonable price.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Sad news, I have to go exchange my 3ds as I have a stuck pixel. I have to do it because otherwise, I will just see it every time I play now.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Sad news, I have to go exchange my 3ds as I have a stuck pixel. I have to do it because otherwise, I will just see it every time I play now.

That sucks, you'd think LCD tech has progressed far enough to where we wouldn't see this as often.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
:lol:

Now seriously, I too think that Sony's handheld looks more promising. I will probably end up getting the 3DS later on, but only when the inevitable revamped version comes out and really good titles are already available.

Let's just hope the NGP retails for a reasonable price.

yeah you can get a neo geo pocket for pretty cheap if you shop around dude.

as for the 3DS, i want one. but by the time my birthday rolls around in july there will be an established library of games, and it'll be cheaper, so i've decided to ask for one for my birthday. til then i can wait. no biggie.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Has this price drop been announced yet? :conf:. I 've seen afew people saying it, i'd be real surprised if the price drops within the first 6 months :eek:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Has this price drop been announced yet? :conf:. I 've seen afew people saying it, i'd be real surprised if the price drops within the first 6 months :eek:

Unless the NGP is released with some crazy-awesome pricing (say $199 wifi, $249-$299 3G) I doubt Nintendo will give the 3DS a price drop for atleast another year.