So, FRANCE.

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm in Paris right now. Too bad you were already here. Man, the rain just won't stop pouring today.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
-The import beer we get in the states is a lot tastier here. Kronenberg is drinkable, and Heineken is delicious. Right now I'm having a Warsteiner and I have a giant can of Pelforth Blonde in the fridge. On top of that France is starting to get more into artisanal brewing .

A few years ago I worked with a guy who told me that after he tried Heineken in Europe he never drank it again in the States. He said that Heineken and other European beers add in preservatives when imported into the US and it makes a major difference in taste (makes them taste bad).

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
A few years ago I worked with a guy who told me that after he tried Heineken in Europe he never drank it again in the States. He said that Heineken and other European beers add in preservatives when imported into the US and it makes a major difference in taste (makes them taste bad).
As far as I know almost all export beer from Germany gets pasteurized before it leaves the country... kills a lot of the taste for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if those blokes from the Netherlands (Heineken) did that too. Maybe they even have a brewery oversees? Different water = very different taste.

[How do I know this? I've worked in the company laboratory of "König Pilsener" for a while.]

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Heineken even has 2 different types in Europe. Regular green bottles then brown bottles. Every country except the Netherlands gets green bottles but the brown bottles which are supposed to be the best tasting ones are only sold in the Netherlands. When I was living in Germany about an hour and a half from the Heineken brewery in Maastricht, NL everyone would go there and get racks and racks of brown bottles.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Pantarou, where in Rheinland-Pfalz do you live? In the early-mid 90s I lived at Ramstein Air Base near Kaiserslautern and from 2003 - 2009 I was at Spangdahlem Air Base near Bitburg and Trier.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Speaking of biere, I went to a beer/wine bar/retail shop and snagged a few brews to take home with me.

zQdCwUq.jpg

Yeah I couldn't resist.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
No to both, and the second one makes me sad that I haven't found him yet. I did find a bunch of Tintin merchandise at a bookstore in La Roche-sur-Yon.

And as for photos: I'm keeping a blog about my travels around France. I'll be updating soon since we visited a vineyard recently.

The frogs get all the jojo parts, this makes me somewhat jelly.

Pretty sure that Duff is brewed in Germany, they sell that here too. The Heineken they sell her is actually pretty decent.

Last edited: