So I have been playing the RE 5 demo

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's not very good at least not yet : (

The graphics are incredible, as well as the sound. However they can't really make up for the fact that the game plays exactly like Resident Evil 4. When I first heard people saying that, I thought well RE4 was perfect so don't mess with it. However, a lot has happened in games since then and those controls do feel dated.

Another issue I had is the forced Co-op. Co-op can be a shit load of fun, but to make a game like Resident Evil, a game about survival and horror into a buddy game...it just doesn't feel right. The computer AI gets in your way. With a friend, if you use split screen it is a mess, they just give you two tiny screens rather than what you are used to with the split down the middle. We were playing on a 6X8' hd projection system and still couldn't see shit.

The menu system and HUD is also very clunky and damn near ugly. Accessing your items doesn't pause the game. That worked well in some games, however I think it hurts RE5.

Anyhow, get on neogaf forums and download the demo yourselves.

I am just sad that my absolute favorite game company seems to really be losing it...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Capcom have been losing it for ages.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
I love the demo. Keep in mind it's an old build too, it's the same version that was shown at E3 months ago.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Capcom loses it's magic....................
Hopefully RE5 is a good sequel..:spock:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Capcom loses it's magic....................
Hopefully RE5 is a good sequel..:spock:

I think its a bit early to judge the game based on a several months old demo.

I personally hoped it would play exactly like RE4, but I knew some people would not like that. I could have lived without the added co-op mode though. Seems like it would be just like Ashley only actively trying to get herself killed.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
The controls take a little time to get used to but I think they are fine. Control option 4 seems more or less comparable to Gears Of War. And thank god they added the ability to move the camera with the right analog stick. Otherwise it would feel very dated.
All in all I like what I played. It is very RE4. But I think that's what fans of the series want.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the buddy system is destined for failure. But this is the same company that let Mikami go in the first place, then made CFJ...

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
at first i didn't like the RE5 demo, the controls felt too clunky. to be honest it plays just like RE4, nothing has changed, and i really hated that when pulling up your inventory it didn't pause the game( but i guess ill get use to that). regradless of its issues the game is going to kickass:buttrock:. played both levels with my brother and we really like the co-op, so i look forward to playing the final version when it comes out

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The no pausing inventory thing kind of works for Dead Space, really ups the intensity level at times when you're trying to heal yourself while getting chewed on by some mutant. But its pretty irritating at times too.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
The no pausing inventory thing kind of works for Dead Space, really ups the intensity level at times when you're trying to heal yourself while getting chewed on by some mutant. But its pretty irritating at times too.

yea it does work for dead space... also a little tip for dead space, when your in the heat of battle(lol) and you have a med pack in your inventory you can just press the X button( well on the 360) with out pulling up the inventory and it will heal you( or you have to hold the left trigger and then press X) sorry for derailing the thread

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member

I think the idea behind the real time inventory is that your partner is supposed to cover you while your are in it and also to add tension to the situation. It's a good idea but the problem is if your playing SP the computer AI seems rather dormant.

I haven't been able to download it. I created a JPN account like that thread said to following this guide: http://the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3107

When I tried to download it it said it wasn't available in my area. Lame.

Go here and download it.

Then burn the "content" folder to the root directory of a cdr. Put it in the 360 and you should be able to play it in your games library section.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The buddy system sounds like the latest version of the nonsense that killed RE0 for me.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
About the buddy system, they should just make her nearly invincible, but keep the game balanced by making her unable to fight until you heal her up when she gets hurt too much. I think that's how Gears of War handles it too, been a while since I played that one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
re0, bleh

mikami said he isn't even going to play this game as it'd be nothing like how he'd have made it.

RE1 will forever be the best in my eyes.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
re0, bleh

mikami said he isn't even going to play this game as it'd be nothing like how he'd have made it.

I hear RE1 is getting a Wii release.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
re0, bleh

Yeah, same here. They had the formula exactly right, best structure, best pacing, and I like the camera angles and reveals that came from having the still backgrounds.

I like 2 a little less than 1, and 3 less than 2. Veronica and 0 were disappointing garbage. I've never even bothered with any of the Gun Survivor or side story or whatever games. And 4 is just a completely different game, good as its own thing but no relation to the originals for me. I don't know why Capcom has such a hard time letting a series like this die, and just creating a new series for games like 4 and 5.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
yeah, and fuck capcom

That's how I feel about the new release too, according to press release, it's going to have very little changed from the GameCube version... so why? Talk about naked cash-in.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
re0, bleh

RE1 was, and still is, complete garbage. Unresponsive controls, too little ammo, and terrible controls. Just bad.

RE4 > all

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
:oh_no:

fan nevaux are awesome. RE4 isn't even a true RE. worst storyline ever.

too little ammo? its fucking survival horror - you have to use something called uh, ammo management. Theres nothing worse than having 6 bullets and a couple of zombies to take out. Thats the whole damn idea.

jesus you're a dumbass.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
RE1 was, and still is, complete garbage. Unresponsive controls, too little ammo, and terrible controls. Just bad.

RE4 > all

RE1 is amazing. Absolutely amazing. The lack of ammo and ink ribbons definitely gave it a "survival" sense to the game.