So I'll be Working/Studying in France this Summer

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
A little background first:

Most of you guys know I enrolled in culinary school this past spring, and while it's tough, I'm having fun with it. Well, the school has this program where they send eight students to their sister school in France while they send eight of their own to Houston.

I went ahead and applied since this would be one hell of an opportunity. I was supposed to hear from them on the 21st, but that came and went with no word. I thought I wasn't selected, but then I got the call about twenty minutes ago.

I am one very happy Banana right now.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
What part of France will you be staying?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
What part of France will you be staying?

We'll be doing a week-long tour in Paris, and then we're going to the West coast for the duration of the trip. Just north of the Bordeaux region.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Most of you guys know I enrolled in culinary school this past spring, and while it's tough, I'm having fun with it. Well, the school has this program where they send eight students to their sister school in France while they send eight of their own to Houston.

I went ahead and applied since this would be one hell of an opportunity. I was supposed to hear from them on the 21st, but that came and went with no word. I thought I wasn't selected, but then I got the call about twenty minutes ago.

Wow, what a freaking awesome opportunity. Congrats!

Marek

Banned
Wow cool Domino! Congrats.

Take some pictures and share with the boards?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You got the cheese-eating down, now you're that one step closer to being a surrender-monkey as well ;)

congrats

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I got a French degree in college but was never able to study there. Enjoy it and take/post pictures, so I can live vicariously through you. :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
enjoy your stay. Paris is great, so is Bordeaux!

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Congratulations, Domino! Sounds like an immense opportunity :)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That's awesome and should be a great time. You'll be able to learn how to make Foie gras which is sadly almost unheard of in the US.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
congrats! them frenchies sure do love their funky little washed rind cheeses.

bring back lots of boots!

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
That's awesome and should be a great time. You'll be able to learn how to make Foie gras which is sadly almost unheard of in the US.

Anyone can shove a funnel down a ducks throat. I think I will try it at the park tomorrow;)

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Congrats Domino! I highly recommend you learn some important french words before you go there though as most of the frenchies don't speak english at all and the current political/social climate is rather tense. Depending on where you're going, you should start with stuff like "au secours!", "appelez la police!", or "enlève ta main de mon cul, connard!".

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Congrats on getting picked for the exchange program.