So the Celtics have no team now,,

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
The Nets just bought a new team as well. Very interesting trades. Where is Howard gonna go?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Eh, I'm not as high on the Nets trade as some. It bolsters the front court obviously. Garnett will give huge boost in leadership and Pierce is deadly from 3, Terry good off the bench. Too much wear and tear with those two, give them a max of 2 years to be productive. The Nets gave too much, 3 1st rounders. I wouldn't have done it. Boston will move Rondo next, they're in rebuild. Howard? Probably The Rockets or the Mavs. I'll say the Mavs.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Eh, I'm not as high on the Nets trade as some. It bolsters the front court obviously. Garnett will give huge boost in leadership and Pierce is deadly from 3, Terry good off the bench. Too much wear and tear with those two, give them a max of 2 years to be productive. The Nets gave too much, 3 1st rounders. I wouldn't have done it. Boston will move Rondo next, they're in rebuild. Howard? Probably The Rockets or the Mavs. I'll say the Mavs.

I think the trade is bitter for all fans. I imagine the Boston fans wanted to see Garnett and Pierce fade into the sunset with the Celtics, rather than suffer through a brutal rebuild.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's unlikely anybody will beat Miami next year, so it doesn't matter who gets moved where.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's unlikely anybody will beat Miami next year, so it doesn't matter who gets moved where.

Washington is going to beat them. And take their phoney rings and shove them all up Pat Riley's leperchaun ass.

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
I believe the Celtics got the better of the deal. Three number #1 picks plus Humphries expiring contract for Pierce, KG and Terry which I only see these guys playing a max of two more seasons.

Nankpong

n00b
I hope Howard goes to Houston. That would be more interesting to watch (basketball-wise) than watching him play with Kobe, Nash and Gasol. Ugh.

And I don't trust the Nets not to flop, even with Garnett.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Only person that shouldn't been traded is Pierce, for him to suck it up and stay with the Celtics even when they sucked and to be traded like that, shit blows... I really wanted him to play his last games in Boston..

Howard is not a good fit for Huston... I think he will stay with the Lakers, Lakers have all contracts up in a few years, gives them a chance to rebuilt around him. Mike D needs to go...

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
So the Celtics have no team now,,

The Celtics are just preparing for the Wiggins (Randle or Parker) sweepstakes.

WgrGzNi.jpg

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
Brad Stevens leaves Butler to coach the Celtics. There won't be a lot of pressure to win right away for Stevens so it will give him a chance to prove if he can coach in the NBA while letting the C's rebuild.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Brad Stevens leaves Butler to coach the Celtics. There won't be a lot of pressure to win right away for Stevens so it will give him a chance to prove if he can coach in the NBA while letting the C's rebuild.

Pretty talented coach. His 2010 Butler team probably should have beat Duke for the title, 2011 team just ran into a buzzsaw in UConn. Should be interesting to see if he's able to garner the respect of NBA players, has never played in the NBA and being only 36. It'll be tough that's for sure, but his college teams played tight defense and an emphasis on passing and team oriented play, so if he can get that as building blocks for the team, he should have success.