So the Ezra Miller Flash movie is finally coming out.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I was so happy that Shazam (the REAL Captain Marvel) didn't suck.
I'm hoping the sequel is at least it's equal.
I went to see Shazam but there was hardly any scenes with him in them.

At least the original Captain Marvel filled in most of the film time :tickled:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
holy shit I cannot wait for Andy Dick to leave this planet.
I've had him as my number one deadpool choice, narrowly, over Corey Feldman for many years now and still nothing.

Re: Flash - I still adore Man of Steel due pretty much entirely to Michael Shannon as Zod, so that's enough right there for me. Keaton smirking his way through his spots in the trailer also doesn't hurt.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I read some spoilers that gave me serious facepalm

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I want to see this because of the Keaton Batman but I won’t be seeing this in theaters.

DC needs to get their shit together.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean, I gather that's the idea behind bringing James Gunn in to run the show. This is just the sewage runoff remaining from the previous administration.

Whether or not Gunn will be any better remains to be seen but at least he's taking things slowly and not immediately jumping face-first in to the Justice League and/or the biggest stories in the history of the DC universe.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I mean, I gather that's the idea behind bringing James Gunn in to run the show. This is just the sewage runoff remaining from the previous administration.

Whether or not Gunn will be any better remains to be seen but at least he's taking things slowly and not immediately jumping face-first in to the Justice League and/or the biggest stories in the history of the DC universe.
Are you suggesting that perhaps it was a dumb idea to let Zack Snyder do Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman in the same movie while also trying to set up a Justice League crossover film featuring several characters that hadn't even had their own movies yet?

How dare you.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I am, in fact, suggesting that very thing.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I can't wait to watch half of it on streaming just for the Keaton Batman stuff and forget that it even exists 5 minutes later.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Movie got a B on the CinemaScore.

CinemaScore is measured by fan enjoyment relative to their own expectations on opening weekends, so for big franchise movies anything below an A- is pretty much a disaster since hardcore fans are always among the first to see them. Only 5/32 MCU movies have gotten below an A-.

For the DC Universe so far
A: Wonder Woman, Shazam
A-: Man of Steel, Aquaman
B+: Suicide Squad, Justice League (Whedon cut), Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, Black Adam, Shazam 2
B: Batman vs Superman (theatrical cut), The Flash

The fans hated this more than Wonder Woman 1984 and Joss Whedon's Justice League.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I watched it last night on a whim. I am a very casual fan of DC comics and honestly knew nothing about the Ezra Miller controversy until I reading this thread. The movie was a fun time. The storyline was cool to me and Keaton back as Batman was awesome. I can't speak about all of the universe choices as I don't know enough about it, but just as a not expectations movie it was good and worth the time. I haven't seen all of the modern DC films, but of the what I have seen this was one of the better ones.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

CinemaScore is measured by fan enjoyment relative to their own expectations on opening weekends, so for big franchise movies anything below an A- is pretty much a disaster since hardcore fans are always among the first to see them. Only 5/32 MCU movies have gotten below an A-.

B+: Suicide Squad, Justice League (Whedon cut), Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, Black Adam, Shazam 2

The fans hated this more than Wonder Woman 1984 and Joss Whedon's Justice League.
Mao bless famicommander

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey, getting an Ezra Miller Flash movie is better than getting an Ezra Miller flesh movie.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

How can i trust these scores when everything is B or better....?
Theres some serious turds in that list.

Reactions: wyo

famicommander

15 Year Member
How can i trust these scores when everything is B or better....?
Theres some serious turds in that list.
Again, CinemaScores are always really, really high for franchise movies.

They take a poll of the opening night/weekend audience as they leave the movie and the scoring criteria are how much they liked it versus how much they expected to like it. The audience is made up almost entirely of hardcore DC fans, kids and their parents, and people who were already excited enough by the marketing to bother with the hassle of seeing a movie on opening weekend.

For a movie from a well known property to get a B+, that's a disaster. An A- is considered "okay", an A means you did your job, an A+ means you did great. A B is a colossal failure and anything below that is "fans hated this shit more than anything ever" tier. The people who are likely to be harsh on it are the ones who are likely to wait to see it.

This isn't people trying to review the movie and give it an objective score. This is how much the movie satisfied the most favorable sample of the audience possible. It tends to be a pretty decent predictor of how long of a theatrical run a movie will have; movies with high CinemaScores tend to have longer legs. CinemaScore has very little correlation with average review scores or awards or anything like that, though.

A high CinemaScore doesn't mean the movie is good, it just means they hit their target audience.

A low CinemaScore means either the movie drew in the wrong audience or it simply sucks. Movies that are brand new properties tend to have a wide variance in their CinemaScores. For example, Arrival was Denis Villeneuve's best-reviewed movie in terms of Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic scores and it scored 8 Oscar nominations and turned a big profit, but it got the lowest CinemaScore of any of his films because the opening week audience went into it expecting a regular dumbass sci-fi alien flick. It's a great movie but the opening week audience didn't get what they wanted, which means the marketing failed.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Worse than Birds of Prey means light it on fire and have a bear shit on the ashes. Use whatever grows from the soil to poison your enemies. I found out that the same garbage writer who wrote Flash, Birds of Prey and Bumblebee also wrote the Batgirl movie last year that Warner Bros deemed so unsalvageable that they canceled it despite being completely filmed already and used the hundreds of millions of dollars loss as a tax write-off.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Worse than Birds of Prey means light it on fire and have a bear shit on the ashes. Use whatever grows from the soil to poison your enemies. I found out that the same garbage writer who wrote Flash, Birds of Prey and Bumblebee also wrote the Batgirl movie last year that Warner Bros deemed so unsalvageable that they canceled it despite being completely filmed already and used the hundreds of millions of dollars loss as a tax write-off.
Wonder Woman 1984 was still worse than Birds of Prey.

I don't think there's been a worse comic book movie than Wonder Woman 1984 since Catwoman.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Already underperforming for first weekend box office so it can both suck and be a bomb.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Already underperforming for first weekend box office so it can both suck and be a bomb.
They're already posting listings for it to go on sale on digital platforms next month. Shit'll be on Blu Ray by late July at this rate.