So the Ezra Miller Flash movie is finally coming out.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The crazy thing is that in the lead up to the movie, WB is trying to pretend they still have confidence in Miller turning life around and still have not ruled out continuing to work with Miller as the Flash in future movies, in their efforts not to tank their own box office. I don't think anyone actually believes it, though, except maybe other grooming pedo off the rails mentally ill gender dysmorphic people who relate to Miller.

I thought Miller had finally actually been charged with a felony last year?

They should just get the Arrowverse Flash or someone new and act like nothing happened.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I thought Miller had finally actually been charged with a felony last year?

They should just get the Arrowverse Flash or someone new and act like nothing happened.
I have to admit I haven't been following the story, other than seeing headlines of a bunch of recent puff pieces here and there that seem to be trying to depict Miller as some beleaguered victim of some condition trying to get the help THEY need. I'm sure WB paid a pretty penny getting those published.

Dude is like Andy Dick 2.0 except way less funny and much more violent.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have to admit I haven't been following the story, other than seeing headlines of a bunch of recent puff pieces here and there that seem to be trying to depict Miller as some beleaguered victim of some condition trying to get the help THEY need. I'm sure WB paid a pretty penny getting those published.

Dude is like Andy Dick 2.0 except way less funny and much more violent.
holy shit I cannot wait for Andy Dick to leave this planet.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
holy shit I cannot wait for Andy Dick to leave this planet.
Wait until you get a load of Ezra Miller.

maxresdefault.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What a fucking mess. Between this bullshit and the studio completely rebooting the entire DCU (or whatever they're trying to do) this is not a good look for DC/WB. Miller is a psycho piece of shit and nobody is going to be able to look at him and see anything else now that all this shit has come out. This kind of half-assed supporting him on the grounds of getting him help is laughable. They're just trying to protect their investment, which is probably going to bite them in the ass in the long run.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nobody cares if you are a wacko if your movies are great.
See - all of hollywood

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
What a fucking mess. Between this bullshit and the studio completely rebooting the entire DCU (or whatever they're trying to do) this is not a good look for DC/WB. Miller is a psycho piece of shit and nobody is going to be able to look at him and see anything else now that all this shit has come out. This kind of half-assed supporting him on the grounds of getting him help is laughable. They're just trying to protect their investment, which is probably going to bite them in the ass in the long run.

They could CG him out of the movie for all I care. I just want to see the Batmans.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
They could CG him out of the movie for all I care. I just want to see the Batmans.
This is another reason why all these movies shouldn't rely so heavily on being interconnected.

Reactions: Syn

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The Flash disappeared into the speed force on the way to his home timeline.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If DC was smart, they would have just done a standalone Keaton movie and not bothered with all this DC Multiverse nonsense. Batman 89/92 fans would eat it all up and there wouldn't be all this baggage, both with Ezra and with the story. Maybe that's what we'll get after this comes out if Keaton is still up for it.

DC movies are at their best when they're self-contained within their universe, don't have a bunch of crossovers or a big glut of villains, and try to do their own thing for each series. The Batman, Joker, Wonder Woman, Man of Steel (less so, but still more than others), there's a reason those were critically acclaimed and generally liked/loved by audiences.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If DC was smart, they would have just done a standalone Keaton movie and not bothered with all this DC Multiverse nonsense. Batman 89/92 fans would eat it all up and there wouldn't be all this baggage, both with Ezra and with the story. Maybe that's what we'll get after this comes out if Keaton is still up for it.

DC movies are at their best when they're self-contained within their universe, don't have a bunch of crossovers or a big glut of villains, and try to do their own thing for each series. The Batman, Joker, Wonder Woman, Man of Steel (less so, but still more than others), there's a reason those were critically acclaimed and generally liked/loved by audiences.

I agree and I feel like the trailer mainly relied on Batman to sell the movie.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I agree and I feel like the trailer mainly relied on Batman to sell the movie.
That's literally whats going on. People are:

A. sick of Ezra Miller and his stupid shit and WB is tired of the bad publicity (even though they bring tons of it on themselves with the mishandling of the IPs and Cavill, the guy that played Cyborg, etc etc)
B. They know that people know this shit isn't going anywhere and leading to a dead end with them doing their quasi-full-reboot-but-keeping-my-wife-in-it reboot, so they have to do SOMETHING to try and put butts in seats.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That's literally whats going on. People are:

A. sick of Ezra Miller and his stupid shit and WB is tired of the bad publicity (even though they bring tons of it on themselves with the mishandling of the IPs and Cavill, the guy that played Cyborg, etc etc)
B. They know that people know this shit isn't going anywhere and leading to a dead end with them doing their quasi-full-reboot-but-keeping-my-wife-in-it reboot, so they have to do SOMETHING to try and put butts in seats.

Dang.

I'm going to watch it on HBO Max when it comes out.

I can't help it.

I love Michael Keaton.

Reactions: Syn

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yep, I’m checking it out in theaters for Keaton. Honestly I’d have skipped otherwise.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I love Michael Keaton.

You can't not. The dude's movies are awesome.

BeetleJuice
The Dream Team
Mr. Mom
Gung Ho
Multiplicity
Batman 1/2

And so on. Plus he was really awesome as the Vulture in Spider-man. I recently heard that John Leguizamo was being offered the role of Vulture because Keaton either passed on it once or was unsure. So he was in talks to sign paperwork or whatever, and then Keaton said "yeah no nevermind I want it."

Dodged a bullet there.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
He was great as the Vulture.

I do like JLegz though. So much that I have my own nickname for him :emb: I’ve enjoyed him in some of his recent stuff.

Also the opening scene for The Pest is classic.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
You can't not. The dude's movies are awesome.

BeetleJuice
The Dream Team
Mr. Mom
Gung Ho
Multiplicity
Batman 1/2

And so on. Plus he was really awesome as the Vulture in Spider-man. I recently heard that John Leguizamo was being offered the role of Vulture because Keaton either passed on it once or was unsure. So he was in talks to sign paperwork or whatever, and then Keaton said "yeah no nevermind I want it."

Dodged a bullet there.

His small roles in Other Guys and Jackie Brown were good too.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I quit paying attention to these flicks a long time ago. I try to deflect any weaponized nostalgia...but that poster of Keaton as Batman hit me in the feels. I'll wait 'til I can see the 5 minute clip of Keaton as Batman on YouTube though lol - so I can roll my eyes and groan in private when Flash says "Wait, who are YOU?!" and he says "I'm Batman."

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I quit paying attention to these flicks a long time ago. I try to deflect any weaponized nostalgia...but that poster of Keaton as Batman hit me in the feels. I'll wait 'til I can see the 5 minute clip of Keaton as Batman on YouTube though lol - so I can roll my eyes and groan in private when Flash says "Wait, who are YOU?!" and he says "I'm Batman."

That scene is in the trailer :emb:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The flash movie looks Gonzo. I remember really looking forward to Spiderman 3 and seeing the older guys, but just felt like marvel was just trying to cash in on nostalgia l. I'm guessing that's what the flash will ultimately be as well. I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm over all the bs dc has been doing about this reboot whatever deal.

Last edited: