So the KOF movie is on nextflix now...

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
kof_film_screenshot06.jpg

It looks laughably bad. Did Rugal buy his clothes at a gay biker's garage sale or something?

jon713

Camel Slug
Fail
:oh_no:
Street Fighter Legend of Chun-Li
Tekken 2011
Dragonball Evolution

Now this

Last edited:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
The movie is bad, but not as bad as SF Legend of Chun-li...
I think the only way a movie like this could actualy work (considering budget limitations for a movie with such audience) is through anime. For istance, the miniserie "The King of Fighters: Another Day" was quite decent.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I hope is enough if I say don't waste your time!

Spoiler:
As usual with game adaptations for a movie: casting sucks, action scenes suck, story sucks, wardrobe sucks, actors suck in other words movie sucks balls.

In it you will just find Iori, Kyo, Mai, Terry, Rugal, Chizuru, Saisyu, Vice and Mature no one else, the AOF crew totally forgotten even though they are regulars on all KOF games not like Vice and Mature that barely appeared in the series!

Being Iori the best of the bunch but not good enough, Kyo is a wimpy kid/old (supposedly a kid but looks aged) who fixes bikes, Mai is not Andy's girl but a CIA agent undercover and terry is the one in charge of the investigation so another CIA agent, Chizuru is the KOF host until Rugal steals some artifacts created for the movie so he could be possessed by the Orochi (note: Rugal is played by Ray Park aka Darth Maul and looks less threatening than Michael Cera in superbad) there is not one signature move in the whole movie and actors suck big time on the acting part.

the story is like they asked someone who never played a KOF to make the story in one night. In the end it doesn't have anything to do with the KOF story.

If I could go back in time and get those 90 minutes of my life back I would do it with no regrets!

If SNK Playmore approved the movie then that means that KOFXIII will be the last KOF cause they don't give a shit about the franchise anymore

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
For istance, the miniserie "The King of Fighters: Another Day" was quite decent.

I saw the miniserie a week ago (i didn't know that it exests) and it's excellent, but too short, only five minutes every chapter! but i would recommend it.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
"Another Day" was ok. The chun-li movie was... "OK" I guess. I mean if you take "Tekken", "DB:Evolution" and this shit... well, no wonder why movies from games always are a SUPREME PHAIL. It's always the same, people who know squat about the game end up making a shitty movie, the only REALLY GOOD movie is and will ever Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I took the plunge and watched this the other night. Words cannot describe the train wreck that this movie is. The whole time I was watching it, I was doing this:
picard-facepalm.jpg