so.. uh... baltimore.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Dammit...you beat me to it...I ws just about to start this thread.

Riots have broken out yet again. This is becoming all too common place. I just don't get the desire for people to destroy their own neighborhoods out of frustration. So far this has been a highly violent situation that has resulted in the injury of several law enforcement officers. This is all due to an impulse lack of logic on the part of those participating in the riots.

Here's a good question. Is this all an act of displaying anger against what the rioting mob feels is an injustice? Or just a good excuse to loot local businesses?

86395a39076f4d1680ec185d5cc77b64-86395a39076f4d1680ec185d5cc77b64-0%5B1%5D.jpg

2015-04-27T210725Z_478824399_GF10000075234_RTRMADP_3_USA-POLICE-BALTIMORE.jpg

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Here's a good question. Is this all an act of displaying anger against what the rioting mob feels is an injustice? Or just a good excuse to loot local businesses?

the police chief put out a statement saying that on saturday the protests reflected "the best of baltimore". pretty much everything was peaceful and organized. The second it turns violent (as of today) is when it stops being a protest.

Looting is disgusting. looting is just an excuse to try and get away with a crime while the police are occupied with other things.

I've honestly been completely busy with something else today so i just saw all of this shit happening in the last 90 minutes or so. It's pretty heart wrenching stuff. Yes there are shitty cops out there. Yes there are also damn fine ones. The whole thing needs an overhaul.

Bonus video:
Cops throwing rocks back at protestors. Then lose the street. I swear it looks like something out of walking dead when the people disperse the police.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Protesting is an excuse for angry, poor people to loot.

How many protests by black Americans have turned into violence in the past year?

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Just an excuse to loot and act like criminals.

Neo Ash

the police chief put out a statement saying that on saturday the protests reflected "the best of baltimore".

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make some assumptions.

Those participating in these riots are likely uneducated and are comprised of members that are on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. Also, they have likely had previous run-ins with law enforcement and or also a criminal record. It could be further speculated that these individuals have made next to zero positive impact on the community that they are now actively engaged in destroying.

Best of Baltimore....most likely far from it.

Protesting is an excuse for angry, poor people to loot.

How many protests by black Americans have turned into violence in the past year?

Unfortunately, all too many. Sometimes it's like black Americans are their own worst enemy.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and make some assumptions.

Those participating in these riots are likely uneducated and are comprised of members that are on the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum. Also, they have likely had previous run-ins with law enforcement and or also a criminal record. It could be further speculated that these individuals have made next to zero positive impact on the community that they are no actively engaged in destroying.

Best of Baltimore....most likely far from it.

the best of baltimore bit- that was from the peaceful demonstrations on saturday and have nothing to do with what's happening today. today we are seeing the worst of baltimore.

Neo Ash

the best of baltimore bit- that was from the peaceful demonstrations on saturday and have nothing to do with what's happening today. today we are seeing the worst of baltimore.

Maybe...maybe not.

I'd love to know the percentage of the rioters involved in Saturday's peaceful demonstration. My guess....same people...different day.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Your new avatar is the Gold guy right?

My girlfriends sister knows the Gold family pretty well. I have no desire to meet them but I could. Hell, all I'd have to do is drive to their pawn shop.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Seems like a great place to buy a starter home

Thanks lolbama

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
getting REAL tired of this shit.

I'm about to be ok with them issuing an order for Marshal Law and opening fire on anyone looting.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Your new avatar is the Gold guy right?

My girlfriends sister knows the Gold family pretty well. I have no desire to meet them but I could. Hell, all I'd have to do is drive to their pawn shop.

Role up in there and try to pawn them a PC Engine.. then decline. I'd bet that would get you on the show.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
These are serious problems deserving of attention. Unfortunately we can't have nice things because of a few shitheads. I feel like this movement needs some serious non-Sharpton/Jackson leadership to take control.

As for Balmer. They can burn it to the ground I guess. I won't miss it much.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
It really pisses me off that so many of those looters are just smiling and having a good time. You can tell they don't give two shits about the actual reason for the protests.

Looting isn't protest. It's finding a way to personally profit from someone else's misfortune. Of course they're smiling.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mob mentality is a terribly strong thing.

This. Your intentions matter not once the mob takes over. Voices of reason are drowned out and you need to sit back, protect you and yours, and wait for those voices of reason to unify.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It sucks when your country won't just give you everything you want, for little to no effort, and you're required to start from the bottom and work your way up through the struggles of life like everyone else.

Those looters all look frail and starving, no wonder...