so.. uh... baltimore.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Institutional racism isn't the issue, it's institutional divisiveness.

The government and media work very hard to keep people fighting about race.
Why do you think the Eric Garner killing (a clear cut case of cops murdering a black man) was glossed over and forgotten, while shit like this, Trayvon Martin, and Michael Brown got weeks of 24/7 coverage?
Because when there's room for doubt, there's room to fight.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pffff...fuck personal responsibility! It's not these people's fault that they don't try and better themselves!

Let's keep them undereducated and on food stamps for the next 3 generations and we'll see what we got!

On top of that, let's foster an attitude where it's cool to be a thug and distrust the cops!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This shit goes way beyond slavery. People have a natural suspicion towards blacks. Unless you are black and putting up with that shit on a daily basis, the looks, random fears,, the specific protection people put up next to blacks, you won't get it. You can't come from a white standpoint and compare your struggles to the sense of deep seated racism. Everyone is racist. Everyone. It all comes down to how people manage those racist feelings and behaviors. This shit stretches so hard to like every community. I'm white. My struggles are nothing compared to the shit blacks go through. Like, they don't even register on the radar. We live in a culture that shoves racial discussions under the rug, teaches us the N word is doom and etc. The climate sucks for race relations because it just makes it that much harder for people to ask the questions that need to be asked to over come racial issues. Until we have the comfort to communicate, the racism will continue and continue hard. All of this shit stems from a lack of communication, open discussion.. What is worse is the media and community leaders who draw a bigger 'us and them' divide. That shit needs to go completely.

Marek

Banned
Pffff...fuck personal responsibility! It's not these people's fault that they don't try and better themselves!

Let's keep them undereducated and on food stamps for the next 3 generations and we'll see what we got!

On top of that, let's foster an attitude where it's cool to be a thug and distrust the cops!

Oh Jesus not you too...

Haha I know we have a truce Jordan, but this post is so fucking new agey Christian that it actually hurts

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
we need to send a powerful abstract message

like a MOAB made of graham crackers, instead of raining down white hot shrapnel and fiery death

it'd be pink glitter and chocolate care bears laced with lsd

MuppeT

War Room Troll
we need to send a powerful abstract message

like a MOAB made of graham crackers, instead of raining down white hot shrapnel and fiery death

it'd be pink glitter and chocolate care bears laced with lsd

by the looks of it there is shortage of LSD right now ..and I blame you.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
This article I just read really makes me realise one thing- the fact that many black people underneath the surface, really hate themselves:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/29/the-incredible-racism-of-baltimores-rioters/

I have to disagree with that.

If that were the case, then the property damage done to the community at Penn State after the Joe Paterno controversy, Pumpkin Fest 2014, Vancouver in 2011, West Virginia, and Huntington Beach would state that deep down white people hate themselves.

The same can be said for the riots in Egypt and Ukraine.

The the riots in Egypt, Ukraine, Baltimore, & Fergurson happened because people were upset over a history of oppression and used the necessary methods to get attention and bring certain issues to light.

The other riots were due to people being drunk, upset over something minor (as much as I love sports, there's no reason to destroy property over it), or something where they refused to accept the reality that their beloved member of society was a sicko.

The destruction of property doesn't justify the fact that people "hate" themselves, they hate what they have to deal with on a daily basis. Witnessing a system that is historically against them get away with murder is the last straw. I'd LOVE to see something like the end of the Dr. King episode of The Boondocks.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Chances the cops all avoid jail time?

Relatively high.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Lest we forget, faggy highschool level sports played by multimillionaires is what drives white folks to rioting.

riot-flag.jpg

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Lest we forget, faggy highschool level sports played by multimillionaires is what drives white folks to rioting.

View attachment 24980

Oh man, I remember when that went down. I had just moved from Van to TO (*shudder* can't wait to move back) a couple months before this happened and was on the phone all night with friends and family to make sure everyone was okay. A couple of my buddies who were downtown at the time got caught in the mayhem, but weren't badly injured.

People be crazy!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I was brought up in a for-the-time forward thinking household where racism, sexism, all of the 'isms' in fact were entirely outlawed with an intensity that meant it was never something that was even entertained at any point in my upbringing.

Despite that, 30 years later I'm ashamed to admit that I'll laugh in the pub at racist jokes, even tell some of my own post modern ironically bigoted wisecracks (read: still fucking racist), and now I have an adult relationship with my parents hear them occasionally make remarks that I didn't ever expect to hear from them when I was growing up, nothing strong, but the odd raised eyebrow at certain news stories and local issues, that kind of thing.

I'm not adding much to the debate here, I don't know a single thing about american racial tensions or even racial tensions in my own country, but what I'm trying to say is that racism is alive and well in each and every one of us, even the people defending the rioters in this very thread I'm sure if they're also honest with themselves will admit that they make or have made racist jokes which in turn means they hold, even if only loosely, still existent racist beliefs.

I don't know how I'd react if I knew that people who on the surface of things were my friends, when they got together made jokes at my expense. I don't know if I'd harbour resentment towards those people in particular, or to whole groups of people, or if I'd go out rioting to make my point.

But I do know that it would make me feel pretty fucking bad about myself for something that I have no control over.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have to disagree with that.

If that were the case, then the property damage done to the community at Penn State after the Joe Paterno controversy, Pumpkin Fest 2014, Vancouver in 2011, West Virginia, and Huntington Beach would state that deep down white people hate themselves.

The same can be said for the riots in Egypt and Ukraine.

The the riots in Egypt, Ukraine, Baltimore, & Fergurson happened because people were upset over a history of oppression and used the necessary methods to get attention and bring certain issues to light.

The other riots were due to people being drunk, upset over something minor (as much as I love sports, there's no reason to destroy property over it), or something where they refused to accept the reality that their beloved member of society was a sicko.

The destruction of property doesn't justify the fact that people "hate" themselves, they hate what they have to deal with on a daily basis. Witnessing a system that is historically against them get away with murder is the last straw. I'd LOVE to see something like the end of the Dr. King episode of The Boondocks.

Those people in Ukraine set things on fire for weeks, when they could have been getting jobs and working.