So what do you HATE about your country??

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
As an aside, Born in the USA is such a great song, in my opinion - it's just too bad no one ever bothered to listen a single line other than "BORN IN THE USA."

It's kind of a bleak song.

#3 on your list is something I hate. The government's treatment of veterans has long been borderline criminal. Fuck that shit. Particularly when you're dealing with wounded veterans. I'm sorry but the Government should be covering their medical costs, probably for life.

It sounds like shit, doesn't matter how great the lyrics are.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
It sounds like shit, doesn't matter how great the lyrics are.

I'm probably the biggest Springsteen fan there is and I agree with this.

One of the very few songs of his I honestly don't like musically (lyrically it's lovely.)

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I'd like the song if it was Max Weinberg's drumming and Bruce's lyrics only.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I have a hard time believing you've ever had a day like this.

Why's that? When I was politically-minded, it happened quite often. It also happens whenever I have to spend any notable length of time among Christians.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Helmet laws are there to substitute for a persons lack of commonsense.

I think a one year mandatory helmet law is great, and if you live past your first year you should choose if you want to ride with or without one. You just don't understand what an incredible difference it is riding with and without one.

And like I say, if someone dies because they're not wearing one, well, so? Just thinning out the herd - that includes me.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Internet in America.

More expensive and slower speeds than the rest of the developed world.

Not to mention it's almost 10 years behind in rural areas.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Jailbait.

Seriously, their parents let them out of the house in shorts and tops like that?

Mini whores. I blame the Disney channel.

Wait, I meant fat old dudes that tell everyone else what to think. Yeah that's the ticket.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
And like I say, if someone dies because they're not wearing one, well, so? Just thinning out the herd - that includes me.

Risk your life for something actually meaningful.

I don't often straight-up call people "fucking morons" but man... if you think your health and safety is worth giving up because you want to feel the wind in your face while driving a two-wheeled vehicle that goes *vroom* loudly?

Then yeah, you're a fucking moron.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Japan

Election time and those twats that drive round in vans rigged with PA systems, shouting at full volume from 8 am.

Saturday today and that's the first thing I heard.

Arigatou gozaimasu? I'd like to take one out with a rocket launcher.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Starting on Tuesday the price for most passport related items is increasing.

Also, starting tuesday you have to pay money to renounce your US Citizenship.

LOL, that's the most fucking stupid thing I've ever heard.

Risk your life for something actually meaningful.

I don't often straight-up call people "fucking morons" but man... if you think your health and safety is worth giving up because you want to feel the wind in your face while driving a two-wheeled vehicle that goes *vroom* loudly?

Then yeah, you're a fucking moron.

Idiots need to be able to ruin their lives.

Helmet laws and seatbelt laws are about revenue not public safety.

I'm not opposed to laws requiring minors wear helmets and seatbelts, however.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Japan

Election time and those twats that drive round in vans rigged with PA systems, shouting at full volume from 8 am.

LOL yeah I've been hearing them for a few days although I'd use a "2H" (metal slug 4) for me its funnier to see how everything gets destroyed piece by piece instead of a big BOOM :vik:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Muslims who get to many rights in England and allowing them to take over the country

The way left wing group and pussy members of public talk mega shit about human rights and get their ways.

Illegal aliens also getting too many breaks and benefits as well and the police are getting very weak now. The english police should be like in that film V for Vendetta and not like glorified security guards

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Idiots need to be able to ruin their lives.

Helmet laws and seatbelt laws are about revenue not public safety.

I'm not opposed to laws requiring minors wear helmets and seatbelts, however.

wut? Seatbelt laws are hardly enforced enough to be revenue based. Seatbelt laws are strictly for the welfare of the people.

aria

Former Moderator
Japan

TEN THOUSAND YEARS!!!

Seriously though, I always found those everyday rightwing nuts blaring patriotic stuff by key shrines to be amusing :) I could definitely see how those PA vans driving everywhere all the time would be maddening, though.

Starting on Tuesday the price for most passport related items is increasing.

Also, starting tuesday you have to pay money to renounce your US Citizenship.

LOL, that's the most fucking stupid thing I've ever heard.

I really hate that they're charging more for passports now.

The reason they're charging for renouncing citizenship is they figure the person who renounces should have to pay the associated costs. While that comes off as sour grapes, it makes a bit more sense than just milking people who want to be able to travel.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I really hate that they're charging more for passports now.

The reason they're charging for renouncing citizenship is they figure the person who renounces should have to pay the associated costs. While that comes off as sour grapes, it makes a bit more sense than just milking people who want to be able to travel.

The increase for a new passport doesn't seem to bad, but getting more pages going from free to like $80 is quite a drastic change.

Do you think anyone really intent on renouncing their citizenship is going to bother filling out the application and paying the fee? That's absurd. We didn't pay a fee and submit and application to King George when we declared our independence. The idea of having to pay to effectively leave the state seems absurd. It's reminiscent of paying your way out of indentured servitude or something.

Particularly given that the vast majority of American's had no say in whether or not they wanted to be citizens of this state. So you basically were forced to be a citizen and if you decide you don't want to an American (which, last I checked was a choice - or did we just throw out the whole concept of the social contract?) then you have to pay to not be a part of something you never agreed to be a part of in the first place?

I don't know why this idea of paying to renounce your citizenship bothers me so much, but it does. It seems entirely illogical. Fuck the government's costs, they can purchase a few less tomahawk missiles to pay for that.

aria

Former Moderator
I don't know why this idea of paying to renounce your citizenship bothers me so much, but it does. It seems entirely illogical. Fuck the government's costs, they can purchase a few less tomahawk missiles to pay for that.

Heck, I would like them to buy a few less tomahawks ($1.5 million each!) and instead use that money to subsidize passport fees and, if possible, buy one less fighter jet and give every American over 16 free passport so they can go out and see the world. It would only benefit the country (and probably help our national security).

Right now, the only way to see the world for "free" is to sign up for the military. I'm not knocking that route, and I know a number of people (or run into people) who got to really see the world thanks to the Armed Services (especially Navy people), but it's not always the greatest context to visit certain places.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Heck, I would like them to buy a few less tomahawks ($1.5 million each!) and instead use that money to subsidize passport fees and, if possible, buy one less fighter jet and give every American over 16 free passport so they can go out and see the world. It would only benefit the country (and probably help our national security).

Wait, but we need weapons to kill brown people! Oh, and guns to protect ourselves from...um, whatever it is that scares Americans so much that they feel then have to be armed to the teeth all of the time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Wait, but we need weapons to kill brown people! Oh, and guns to protect ourselves from...um, whatever it is that scares Americans so much that they feel then have to be armed to the teeth all of the time.

Zombies.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

Gays.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
TEN THOUSAND YEARS!!!

Seriously though, I always found those everyday rightwing nuts blaring patriotic stuff by key shrines to be amusing :) I could definitely see how those PA vans driving everywhere all the time would be maddening, though.

At least the right wing don't start at 8 am. Also, I found a new version here in Sapporo - bible bashers shouting about Jesus Christ. Not near our apartment though, thankfully.

Yesterday there were 2 rival parties driving their election vans next to each other competing by seeing who could shout the loudest / talk the fastest. Jesus Christ!

On a similar note, they have ikky vans here in Sapporo!!

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Muslims who get to many rights in England and allowing them to take over the country

The way left wing group and pussy members of public talk mega shit about human rights and get their ways.

Illegal aliens also getting too many breaks and benefits as well and the police are getting very weak now. The english police should be like in that film V for Vendetta and not like glorified security guards

Fucking owned!

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member

I don't know why people always wanna associate guns with scared racist white republicans or whatever. I am a fan of being armed to the teeth cuz shit can and will pop off at any moment.

America is a fucked up country full of crazy people and sometimes you need guns to thin out the crazy population.

Since I've moved back to America from lovely peaceful Europe I've almost had to shoot 2 people on my property. Not fun at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Some of the first American gun control laws have their origins in Reconstruction era southerners trying to disarm newly freed slaves :emb: