famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
SOLD

----------------------
UPDATE:
Currently trying to work out a time for Poppy to pick it up, so it's on hold until further notice. Thanks.

Long story short, I need to get rid of my MVS cabinet by May 17. It's currently in a storage facility in Brighton, CO.

It's a one slot converted cab, looks a lot like a big red. 25" monitor, new power supply, new controls, UNIBIOS 3.0 installed.

Asking $300. You have to pick it up but I will help you load it. It's heavy as fuck.

I only have one shitty phone pic of it right now but if there's any serious interest I can get more (it's about a 45 minute drive).

Let me know if anybody wants it

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
You can post your terrible picture and I can let you know if I am interested enough to make you take better ones. How's the monitor look?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If I were in Denver, I would be all over this.

Sweet jebuz, $300 for a pampered cab is beyond a steal.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's not in perfect shape:
JfjL1M8.jpg

Like I said, it's a terrible picture. This is when it was sitting in my brother's garage, and this was as much work as he was willing to put into taking a picture for me.

Few things
1. Monitor is bright and crisp. No burn in, no warped geometry last time I checked (it has been sitting for about a year and a half)
2. Whatever game it was before it was a Neo Geo had a stupid control layout, as you can see the B-D buttons along the bottom of the control panel. I replaced the A buttons and then just drilled through the top of the panel to put the other new buttons in. I believe I still have some spare microswitches and buttons inside the cabinet as well.
3. As I said, I replaced the power supply myself.
4. The control panel folds out, but it's easier to just go in through the coin door to change carts. I tore out a dividing wall that was on the inside and mounted the motherboard against the side wall.
5. There are no coin mechanisms of any sort
6. As I said, it's a 1-slot board with UNIBIOS 3.0. I have the original BIOS as well. It's an MV1FZ, so it has a heaphone port and two DB15 controller ports.
7. I don't know if it shows in the photo, but the clear plastic that covers the marquee at the top is cracked.
8. The bezel around the monitor is pretty unprofessional looking. Was like that when I got it.
9. Like I said, it's a heavy motherfucker. Probably 3-4 grown men to easily pick it up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Oh, and I'll throw in a Top Player's Golf cart for $20 to anybody who buys the cabinet.

I'm also trying to sell it through a local game shop I frequent, but I'm asking more like $350-450 for them. You guys get the bro price.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
That's a midway cab, Used for High Impact Football and Rampage, a 3P set up too. I did a conversion with fellow member here DZ, it was the first cab we ever worked on. Nice CP. This cab has lots of potential, very well built.

Marek

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh fuck... I could drive down and scoop. It might blow up my cabin :|

PM sent... or not. It says my storage space is used up, deleted a page of sent PMs and it still won't let me message you. Here's what I tried to send.

Hey dude. I'm up in wyoming, but it's a straight shot down 80 to Denver and I can be there mid afternoon same day.

Two things though. Right now 80 could be a death trap on the wyo side coming down through Laramie to ft collins. It's still full on winter storm status up here. Second thing the air filter on my truck needs changing I think.

How fast do you need to sell this bad boy?

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

I had one of those cabs. The monitor was the original 15" (?) monitor - had a greenish tint to it, otherwise it was super crisp.

That thing is NOT light.

That's a midway cab, Used for High Impact Football and Rampage, a 3P set up too. I did a conversion with fellow member here DZ, it was the first cab we ever worked on. Nice CP. This cab has lots of potential, very well built.

From DZ to me - I trained in MSX on that cab. That's where I learned the UNIVERSAL TRUTH that X >>>>>>>> 2.

EDIT: Dude... That picture....

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Currently trying to work out a time for Poppy to come get this thing, so it's on hold

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm an anarcho-capitalist. I'd sooner die than put ANY political candidate's sign near my house, let alone in my arcade cabs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
That's true but they're even more anti-political than I am. My mom has never voted and my dad hasn't voted since Reagan broke his campaign promise to eliminate the draft registration.

Also I pay bills and work full time. Not like I just mooch off them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I don't consider what madman did thread shitting. He's just dicking around.

Also, he was in chat helping to convince me to cut you a better deal, Poppy. Without him you'd not be getting Sengoku.

Marek

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok good. Sorry madman.

I'm in the parking lot of the storage place, looking shady, waiting on famicommander

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I don't consider what madman did thread shitting. He's just dicking around.

Also, he was in chat helping to convince me to cut you a better deal, Poppy. Without him you'd not be getting Sengoku.

...a chatz gaylord special.

Edit: Hey poppy, you're a major doucherie lately but Fami is my wrassling gaylord of the night in chatz, I would be willing to help you on some restoration, that is if you want the help of course. Having that nice new monitor and all the goods, all you really need is some TLC, a redo on the CP/CPO depending on what you'd prefer and perhaps even a Bezel and Marquee to go along with it. We can have gamesongraphix's Scott print everything and you'll be rocking a dreamcab, just sayin'...

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
it's sold

The cab, a loose Top Players Golf, and a partial Sengoku kit for $340

Hope it serves you well, poppy