(SOLD) - Dreamcast MGCD for sale (probably not working)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This has been sold.

$60+ shipping (4% paypal)

Story:

Ive got two MGCD's, one I'm keeping, one I'm selling. The one for sale will boot, display a picture, coin up, all the good stuff. But ZERO controls work. Ive tried making adapters (Check out the thread in General Tech Support) and it just never got anywhere.

I soldered (terribly) a jumper to disable the OSD that comes up with a timer. The maximum time it will work is 256 minutes per coin. The jumper soldered in disables that, but not the *actual* timer. Either way, just coin up every hour and you're good.

Now, when a Dreamcast is in there and you plug in a controller - it will work. You can play games, but the cab's control panel will not function. I even sent it to Xian Xi to check it out, and he wasn't able to make the controls work. He mentioned it might be a microcontroller that processes inputs from CP -> DC. But that's not for certain.

So here's the deal. I bought the original one for $100 with the housing from a friend, and the 2nd working one (no housing) for $60+ shipping off ebay.

Im not gonna try to rip anyone off here. So I'm selling just to recoup the 2nd one I had to buy. But it will come with it's power/controller lines.

$60+ shipping. Its light, probably like 6 bucks or whatever, I'll check my records to see what it cost to send to James. This will not include the housing. It will be a bare PCB. For all I know, someone's super SMRT out there and can get this thing working perfectly and have a rad Jammafied Dreacmast. I gotta tell ya, the one I got up and running with a GDEmu is titties.

Feel free to hit me up with questions, etc. I'll post some pics as well.

Last edited: