Sold - Ikegami 1917R multi sync CRT

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Unfortunately, you are correct.

The 2 PVM'S I had were bought (years ago) for $50 each. They were both Sony 20m2mdu. Just last month they were going for $1600-2000, which is insane.

Sold one last year to @yagamikun for $100.

If someone gives you a good deal, pass it on. That is how this community SHOULD work.

Jon
And I'm forever grateful @Jon ! ^_^ I wasn't at all into PVM's when you sold that to me so I was ignorant of the value. I legit just wanted a decent enough display to play light gun games on my Saturn. Now I have an entire area of my game room dedicated to it - hell, I have TWO Mega Drives hooked up to it lol. Just love the thing. You've hooked me up a few times, man - extremely grateful.

That said, got curious a few months ago about PVM prices. I about shit a brick when I looked up my model number. Holy fuck stick, Batman! I suspected the market would be over blown at this point - what part of the retro game market isn't? But wasn't quite expecting AES levels of absurdity.

It's nice to pay it forward when you can, for sure. I gave the entire Neo CD Samurai Shodown set to a buddy on Instagram who got his first Neo CD earlier this year. You thought I sent him five sticks of gold, the fuss he made, lol. But it always makes ya feel sunny when you surprise somebody like that. :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
For the record, I scored my pvm 2950qm for 150eur in 2015. 😎

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Even in 2018 those 29'' PVMs were like 150 € in Germany. I don't care that much because I can still get a decent consumer for free today if I drive 15 minutes.
Sony FE-1 or FE-2 chassis and you're good. No one of us played on studio monitors back then anyway. Our American friends should just RGB mod their consumers and stop this insanity.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Even in 2018 those 29'' PVMs were like 150 € in Germany. I don't care that much because I can still get a decent consumer for free today if I drive 15 minutes.
Sony FE-1 or FE-2 chassis and you're good. No one of us played on studio monitors back then anyway. Our American friends should just RGB mod their consumers and stop this insanity.
hear-hear-correct.gif

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
And I'm forever grateful @Jon ! ^_^ I wasn't at all into PVM's when you sold that to me so I was ignorant of the value. I legit just wanted a decent enough display to play light gun games on my Saturn. Now I have an entire area of my game room dedicated to it - hell, I have TWO Mega Drives hooked up to it lol. Just love the thing. You've hooked me up a few times, man - extremely grateful.

That said, got curious a few months ago about PVM prices. I about shit a brick when I looked up my model number. Holy fuck stick, Batman! I suspected the market would be over blown at this point - what part of the retro game market isn't? But wasn't quite expecting AES levels of absurdity.

It's nice to pay it forward when you can, for sure. I gave the entire Neo CD Samurai Shodown set to a buddy on Instagram who got his first Neo CD earlier this year. You thought I sent him five sticks of gold, the fuss he made, lol. But it always makes ya feel sunny when you surprise somebody like that. :)
A lot of it has to do with the supply drying up. You can't just go to hospitals and TV stations anymore and get them for free or, nearly nothing. Several of my friends did this like 10-12 years ago and basically sold them for free. Now, they're in the hands of people that aren't selling anytime soon...and, yes, I count myself among them.

Unfortunately, no system is coming down in price. It sucks going to conventions and seeing games that you bought for $10 or $20 being sold for $600-700. It really makes you glad for what you do have and, if not, Everdrives are there to help.

Jon

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Someone in my favorite German forum was sharing this deal today. Sold in Hamburg, 30 € for a Sony PVM-2130QM.

pvm.jpg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LMAO @ this thread.

The only thing more outlandish than the OP "not knowing" that MMAO'a are a no-no here are the members of the all mighty "community" all but hurt at the realty that demand outstrips supply on many classes of CRT's now & the prices have followed suit.

Said members should be thread shitting on every neo game sales thread as the same market (general market, not N-G.com market) principals still apply.

Are you the guy who bought it for $2000? If not, I’m still not buying that any retard on earth paid that price. Your enthusiasm for video game wealth management is noted. People who complain about ANY price are really just jealous and poor. Got it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. Y’all are so hurt by this it’s funny.

I don’t really feel hurt on my end but you are right. Assholes minutely hurt the entire planet with all of their asshole deeds whether we feel it or not, so to some degree your actions have caused me to suffer as well as everyone on earth including you. Are you proud of that too?