someone bought neogeo console in early 90 ? or in summer 1990?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I got mine on January, I didn't even know this existed until about 1995, because it was never released here in South America. And when I knew it existed, it was way to expensive to buy and then import it.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Got mine in '98. Played that shit like I just got got my motherfucking paycheck.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
got mine in '94.

1894 BITCHES.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I got mine in the summer of 1992. I wanted it sooner, but was on the fence about the initial cost of the system as well as the price point on the carts. Also it took me a while to save up the cash.

First person I knew that owned the system was Glen Rice of the Miami Heat. He came into the store looking for games to buy. (I worked at Electronics Boutique in the Miami Dadeland Mall at the time)

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
1992 with a second stick and Art of Fighting

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I got mine in the summer of 1992. I wanted it sooner, but was on the fence about the initial cost of the system as well as the price point on the carts. Also it took me a while to save up the cash.

First person I knew that owned the system was Glen Rice of the Miami Heat. He came into the store looking for games to buy. (I worked at Electronics Boutique in the Miami Dadeland Mall at the time)

Now this is a story I wouldn't mind hearing more about. It seems that at least a few celebrity types found their way into neo fandom. That or I read way too much gawker.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Bought mine off my wealthy neighbor/friend in 1995 but sold it after three years, only to buy it again a decade later.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Man, I wish. I remember seeing one in a video game rental shop we used to go to, but there was no way in hell I could afford it as a kid. I had to stick to the arcades instead.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I bought mine several years ago, then a second one some months after that. The only thing better than a Neo Geo is two of them.

Maybe one day I'll find two cheap copies of Thrash Rally so I can link em up.

Yeah buddy. I slaved away working part-time at McDonald's for months in order to buy one. I was 16 years old. Even managed to afford a new game every couple of months!

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I don't even recall seeing one in person till I started going to nerd conventions post 2000. My roommate bought one in like 09 and I briefly tried it out. I still think of a big red at first when someone mentions NG to me. I picked up a big red about a year ago and have been enjoying it ever since.

Last edited:

Fedormma

n00b
Bought one from babbage's around Christmas 1992. Ended up selling it a few years later, only to buy it again in 2011.

powerflower

Banned
Summer 92 with Raguy and second stick. Love this game to this day. Saving the earth from pollution ist a nice addition too:) The game over sequence when you continue is so heartwarming, sigh...

Danmaku

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Neo geo+soccer brawl+3 count bout+magician lord my first bundle

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bought it in 08' or 09' when people were liquidating their collections for cheap to save their house mortgages.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

Sick man i use to love watching glenn rice ball