Someone tried to kill Takeshi Kitano

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
«Around 11.40 pm on September 4th, the famous Japanese director Takeshi Kitano was suddenly attacked in the dedicated parking area of Tokyo TBS TV station, when he was about to return home by car after finished his news show Shin Joho Seven Days Newscaster a live on TBS TV station!

v1vOnWn.jpg

An individual – armed with a pick and knifeattacked the vehicle after asking the director to get out from the middle. The attacker, a man in his forties, started hitting the car with a pickaxe, damaging the windshield and other parts of the bodywork (the car’s windshield and the driver’s side window were both shattered), and immediately a security guard called the police.

IJFREah.gif

It is understood that the assailant held an iron pick and slammed the window of Takeshi Kitano. Fortunately, the Japanese police arrived in time and caused no casualties. After arresting the suspect, the police discovered that the man who intended to attack Kitano was a man in his 40s. In addition to an iron pick, the man was also carrying a sharp knife about 10 cm in length that night.

42KftSA.gif

From the point of view of the murder weapon, this suspect was clearly prepared. It is estimated that if the police did not arrive in time, the consequences would be disastrous.

AZ98TQB.jpg

In this regard, the former inspector of the Japanese Special Search Department, Maeda Hirohiko, interpreted and said:

In Japan, the iron pick is not within the scope of the "Gunknife Act", but the man was arrested on the spot by the police for violating the "Gunknife Act" because the knife he was carrying was about 10cm long, because the knife belonged to The scope of the Japanese Gun Knife Law.

In addition, it is very likely that someone will be stabbed by this knife, so it is certain that the attacker has quite dangerous criminal behavior. However, it is better for Mr. Kitano and other related personnel not to be injured than anything else.

According to future searches, the assailant should be filed together for several crimes including "atrocity crimes" and "instrument damage crimes". In addition, based on motives, history, and specific criminal conditions, the possibility of filing a case for attempted homicide is not ruled out, and television stations should also be required to improve the existing security system.

The aggressor is said to have felt "ignored" this past June when he waited for Kitano, telling investigators, "I got down on my knees near the car and begged him to help me enter the world of show business, but he ignored me".

The man has admitted to the attack, but the Metropolitan Police added that sometimes his comments did not make sense.

YkjBdoi.jpg

Kitano debuted in the 1970s as part of a comedy duo called the Two Beats. During the 1980s, Kitano became one of the biggest TV celebrities in Japan. That same decade he appeared in Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence and worked on the 1986 Famicom game Takeshi’s Challenge, considered one of the worst games ever made. He made his film directing debut in 1989's Violent Cop after Kinji Fukasaku wasn’t able to helm the picture. Since then, he’s become one of Japan’s most internationally acclaimed filmmakers (he won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival in 1997 for the film Hana-bi – Fiori of fire and the Silver Lion in 2003 for Zatōichi).

His style is deviant, but his popularity remains high. One of the most important reasons the Japanese like him is because of his "mouth that dare to say anything!".

He used to:

He scolded TV TOKYO and scolded the boss of the TV station until he lost his temper;

Swearing at the government, so that leaders must apologize publicly for issues left over from history;

Swearing at men who hold the power, saying that they control the power and squeeze female leaders;

Swearing at Japanese traditional culture, saying "Wabi Ji", "Sorrow", and "Cutting abdomen" culture are all understood as incompetence...

wNKPLLJ.jpg

And just recently, Kitano even bombarded the Tokyo Olympics. He said that the opening ceremony of this Olympics was really unexpectedly bad. Because it was too embarrassing, he did not even dare to go out of the country, and even directly asked for a refund... ...

So some people speculate that the attack by Takeshi Kitano should have something to do with previous sharp remarks!».

Original articles:
Breaking news that famous Japanese director Kitano Takeshi is attacked in Tokyo! - MINNEWS

Beat Takeshi's Car Attacked By Man With A Pickax - Kotaku

Japan, the car of director Takeshi Kitano taken with a pickaxe – time.news

Last edited:

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Too much reading ... about nothing meh

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
before I reply to this thread, can someone tell me if he's a bad or good guy so I don't commit any faux pas? thanks
He's a big time Japanese director/actor.

He did Hana Bi, Brother, Sonatine, Outrage, etc.

He was also the host of Takeshi's Castle, known as Most Extreme Elimination challenge on SpikeTV in the US. He's 'Vic Romano' on there lol

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah I know he's a fucking based actor, director and famicom vidya game creator, I especially like his role as Shady Guy Selling Kyoutei Tips in Mosquito on the 10th Floor. But admittedly I know nothing about the guy aside from his artistic output.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I love Kintano. Wtf is wrong with people.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Japan is so cute. Getting a third strike because the knife is over 10cm, hilarious. Here in the US people are shooting to death anyone who enters their driveway. Our Power Rangers actually kill people with actual swords.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
before I reply to this thread, can someone tell me if he's a bad or good guy so I don't commit any faux pas? thanks
You're probably just trolling (:lolz:), but in case otherwise, also you have been plagiarized by the false moralist movement that is so fashionable today?

Anyway, I'll play along and say that Kitano has become an official character of 'Yakuza 6 The Song of Life', therefore, his person has automatically earned so many additional points that you can safely feel empathy for him. :sneaky:

d16O6Hj.gif

Yeah I know he's a fucking based actor, director and famicom vidya game creator, I especially like his role as Shady Guy Selling Kyoutei Tips in Mosquito on the 10th Floor. But admittedly I know nothing about the guy aside from his artistic output.
Speaking of the game 'Takeshi no Chōsenjō' ['Takeshi's Letter of Challenge'], for those who haven't yet this is a good opportunity to experience a bit of 'GameCenter CX'.

Danny’s GameCenter CX Episode Guide for Archive.org [The missing episodes are here :forw: Game Center CX HDの動画 - Dailymotion].

Last edited:

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
He's a big time Japanese director/actor.

He did Hana Bi, Brother, Sonatine, Outrage, etc.

He was also the host of Takeshi's Castle, known as Most Extreme Elimination challenge on SpikeTV in the US. He's 'Vic Romano' on there lol
Probably 'Takeshi's Castle' has suffered one of the worst localizations of a Japanese product abroad: since the program in some states was never even dubbed, but was commented above the original audio (in a way similar to the reactions they do today on Twitch or on YouTube) and considered even the dubbed versions, the dialogues and names were completely made up, in fact, by me (in the first Italian transmission) the Count "Beat" Takeshi was renamed as Gennaro Olivieri [this last one has been a person really existed, who in his life did a the television personality (he was also an ice hockey referee in Switzerland)].

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Probably 'Takeshi's Castle' has suffered one of the worst localizations of a Japanese product abroad.
Well, it was very successful. One of those localizations where it was changed so much it could be something else entirely.

But it aired on Spike TV. And in the end it was just another game show. People never cared much about the sanctity of the translation for that while flipping channels on a Sunday at 3PM.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Why didn’t they run over the attacker?
In Japan the number of homicides per year is one of the lowest in the world, so local people are not used to experiencing situations like this (In the USA in 2018 were assasinated more than 16 thousand people, while in Japan only 334 cases of murder were recorded in the same year), moreover, in front of death not all reacts in the same way, because everyone is made in his own way.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The aggressor is said to have felt "ignored" this past June when he waited for Kitano, telling investigators, "I got down on my knees near the car and begged him to help me enter the world of show business, but he ignored me".

The man has admitted to the attack, but the Metropolitan Police added that sometimes his comments did not make sense.
On another site I also found this variation of the confession to the police.

After questioning the man and believing him to be a member of a Chiba-based yakuza organization, the police learned the motivation for the attack. Apparently the man previously encountered Takeshi after sneaking onto TBS property and asked him to become his mentor and teach him about the entertainment industry. After Takeshi ignored this request, the man became angry and developed a grudge that eventually boiled over into the attack.

According to Beat Takeshi, though, he has no idea who the attacker is, and clearly he won’t be mentoring this particular suspected yakuza member anytime soon.

Edit:
With the posting of this message I've reached a big round number.

B1hFd1I.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Japan is so cute. Getting a third strike because the knife is over 10cm, hilarious. Here in the US people are shooting to death anyone who enters their driveway. Our Power Rangers actually kill people with actual swords.
Billy's secret easter egg was referring to the actor who played the red power ranger in the series 'Wild Force' of the 2002.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Another innocent victim of the second amendment... sometimes i wish that the extremist groups like the no vax, the no mask and the conspiracists, would use their obsessions to lash out at the americans lobbies of the arms, who actually ruin the country, but most of these human cases have their heads broken and therefore beyond a certain limit they can't go any further (some of them really believe that this life is actually just a simulation created by matrix and that evil is not an intrinsic part of man, which is a beast of nature like the other species, because they say that in the past there was a contamination by other deities or aliens...).