Son of Rambow

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I did a search for this movie and didn't see any results off hand...

Has anyone seen this movie or wants to see it?

I went to check it out with a friend at the local indie theatre, and it was a great movie. I remember the ads were played during the opening to Rambo IV in the theaters here.

Timorous Scott

Raiden's Valet
well this board is all fucked up and i can't make a new thread, but everyone should see the fall right now

the_fall.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
I posted about it in the movie review thread, which I need to resurrect from page 3 or whereever. I saw it at the local film festival before it got wide-release, I enjoyed it a lot. I also got to meet the director/producer team (nicknamed Hammer and Tongs). I have a picture with them :p

EDIT: here's my opinion from that thread:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2500713&postcount=356

EDIT 2: There's already a whole thread on The Fall... :spock:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I remember seeing the trailer for this film before a showing of John Rambo (which strangely enough was my 5th time in, the first 4 times didn't show this trailer for some reason), and all I can do is shake my head. On one hand the kid in me can appreciate the goofiness of wonderment displayed by the children, and behaviour overall... and the fact kids do in fact run around pretending to be this or that. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND...

my question is Why waste a title like this for a kid movie?

SON OF RAMBO was a title destined to be a serious blood & guts grind house type action film, that took itself seriously but was a joke at the same time. A guy who's like 16 that's pushed too far and no one knows is the love child of none other than John J. Rambo. By the time the city who's gone to war against him realizes this, 8 SWAT teams have been taken out, several police precincts (sub stations) have been attacked, millions of dollars of real estate damage, National Guardsmen are pissing their pants sitting in the backs of Lorries, etc. And carrying the severed head of an enemy comes into view, a mere teenager with a red rag tied around his head, blood across his chest, and a M-249 SAW held one handed in the other.

"NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! I am the Son of Rambo!"

but Nooooooooooooo, some accented shites make a crappy kid film add a "W" to the end of the name Rambo, and make what will more than likely be the darling of the art film crowds.

Shit on this movie from great heights. I'd like to bitch slap the producers of this film and piss on the director.

:annoyed: