Sonic Wings Special and Strikers 1945 1 & 2 Saturn.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Are these games as good or better than thier Neo Geo brothers?

I ask because I collect Saturn games even more than I do Neo Geo and I haven't come across purchasing any version of these series odd as that is. The cheaper route would be going Saturn but just barely as aero fighters 2 is relatively cheap by comparison.

Anyway yeah Sonic wings special vs 2 and 3 and 1945 1 and 2 saturn vs 1945 Plus.

What are the differences? I could go look it up but Ilike hearing what people think.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Strikers on NG sucks people who say it's awesome because they made it hori don't know what they're talking about. It's gimped and it shows. Get 1945 II it awesome and it's cheap.

Never played SW Special.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Strikers on NG sucks people who say it's awesome because they made it hori don't know what they're talking about. It's gimped and it shows. Get 1945 II it awesome and it's cheap.

Never played SW Special.

Don’t tell sad onion that

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior

Never played SW Special.
Will do. Strikers 2 was a looker anyway.

After doing bit of research. Sonic wings special is a sequel to 2 and 3 called limited which was an arcade game? And strikers 1945 plus is a port of 1945 2 to the neo geo. I think i got it now. Just correct me if im way off base here.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I haven't played the Saturn versions, but on PS1 yeah, the individual games are better than the Neo mishmash. Strikers 2 is probably my favorite all time shooter. That's not to say that Plus is a bad game, but out of the three it's the bottom bitch.

Sonic Wings Special is a different story. While it's a mashup of the SW trilogy, it really stands on its own as a really solid game.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Never played SW Special.

Its (Strikers NG) definitely no where near as good as Strikers II. No question about that.

Sonic Wings Special is really good, I had fun with it when I had it.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Sonic Wings Special may still be on US PSN for PS3 if you want to get in on it cheaper to see if you want the physical. I thought the collection was great but I’m a big fan of the series.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Sonic Wings Special may still be on US PSN for PS3 if you want to get in on it cheaper to see if you want the physical. I thought the collection was great but I’m a big fan of the series.

That or maybe just dive into Sonic Wings 2 first because its really a toss up right now and need more vertical shooters on my neo and I see and hear nothing but good things here. But thanks Ill go fire up the PS3 and see if its still listed. Im sure ill like it but like most im a sucker for old hardware. But it would be nice to actually test the waters for sure. See what happens.

I went ahead and bought 1945 2 in the meantime. Can't wait for that to arrive.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Sonic Wings Special is more comparable to the arcade game Sonic Wings Limited, in that it's a vertical screen game (like Sonic Wings 1), and the total stage count is quite high but you'll have to reply multiple times to see them all. Special might be preferable to Limited as it's easier to see all the stages; in Special you can choose which stages you want to play, while in Limited they are gated behind certain requirements giving you less control.

Definitely get it if you have a tate setup for you Saturn.