Sony cancels December 25th premiere of 'The Interview' after terror threat

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Sounds like chalk one up for the terrorists........unless it was a bad movie. I just watched the end or whatever and felt kinda let down.

PuffPost
By RYAN GORMAN

Sony has cancelled the Christmas Day premier of "The Interview" after the nation's five largest movie chains decided against showing the movie.

The studio pulled the movie Wednesday after Regal Entertainment, AMC Entertainment, Cinemark, Carmike Cinemas and Cineplex Entertainment dropped it from screens over concerns following a terror threat posted online.
The studio is considering a video-on-demand release, according to reports. The hackers have yet to comment on the stunning turn of events.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter (THR) earlier in the day that Sony still planned to release the film on December 25, but insisted it would back whichever direction theater operators decided to go in.

Carmike Cinemas confirmed to THR on Tuesday the decision to drop the controversial film starring Seth Rogen and James Franco.

The other theaters declined comment.

The National Association of Theater Owners backed the decision and said in a statement to THR that the safety of moviegoers is the number one priority.

The development came less than 14 hours after a message posted by the group responsible for several Sony Pictures hacks posted a chilling message online threatening a 9/11-style terror attack.

Both theaters and surrounding buildings were threatened, people were told to leave their homes if living nearby.

Franco and Rogen previously canceled all media appearances related to the film.

It is not known if "The Interview," which satirizes the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, will ever see the light of day, but it likely will not see the inside of a theater.

Cnn Video

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What a bunch of crap .... this is getting out of hand.

Either :

Now you're safe from terrorist attacks.jpg

or just the hackers got much more ugly information and are now blackmailing Sony..

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
The Interview has been pulled from all US theaters after terrorist threats

The new Rogan and Franco movie has been pulled by Sony studios after terrorist threats. I am on my phone, otherwise I would post the links for you guys. Just google it!

I am bummed about this decision although I understand the choice :/

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
All concerns about the tastefulness of the movie aside...

Fucking terrorists. Sony should have released the movie in whatever theaters they would have been able to.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Just started a war room thread about this, mods feel free to delete

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Was never going to watch that movie. Can't stand Seth Rogan and whoever the other guy is. More Adam Sandler type shit where they're the same person in every film with a different occupation.

What is stupid is that the theater groups gave in to this shit as did Sony. North Korea now dictates America's free speech because the US is filling up with a bunch of pussies.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Those two bad actors should stick to movies about getting high.

I wonder if the terrorists will kill them.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Not just a win for terrorists but for non faggots everywhere.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
They should release The Interview for free on all services, DRM free and everything. Let people pass it around as a giant go fuck yourselves. Its the most just solution at this point.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
At first I was kind of getting a kick out of the fuck you to Sony over all of the exposed e-mails, schaudenfraude and all that- Scott Rudin is a grade-a asshole and all.

But this is really too bad.

Seriously, fuck that guy and everyone in his government and anyone who supports him.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I know what movie I'm going to download now

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Something tells me this movie is going to be released straight to the piratebay (or whatever torrent site is on top since they got shut down).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The movie looked terrible and Sony figured it probably wasn't worth taking the chance for a paltry $20 million in box office.

It probably wasn't going to that well anyway. Might make some decent cash in video sales, though.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
There's no way Sony didn't anticipate this. They knew it would happen and they knew they'd make headlines.

It's funny. I love Freaks and Geeks. But I hate everything else that this faux intellectual and his stoner bro have been in.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I wonder if the stars of the film will be hit with a terror threat over this

fake

15 Year Member
I wonder if the stars of the film will be hit with a terror threat over this

Trey Parker and Matt Stone were threatened several years ago. Nothing happened. Shocker.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I don't understand what the issue is... I feel team America would have pissed them off more.

fake

15 Year Member
I don't understand what the issue is... I feel team America would have pissed them off more.

Oh, but this is NORTH KOREAN terrorists. You know, the kind that kill tons of people.... Yeah, I dunno.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Oh, but this is NORTH KOREAN terrorists. You know, the kind that kill tons of people.... Yeah, I dunno.

So was team America. There was am entire song with Kim jung IL. He was the ringleader.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Those two bad actors should stick to movies about getting high.

I wonder if the terrorists will kill them.

Uh, no. Franco is a really good actor- have you seen, say, 127 Hours or Spring Breakers?

The least we can do to retaliate is to make them keep Dennis Rodman, permanently.

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i did see the alamo draft house will be showing Team America world police in its place. If a theater did it around me i might just go and see it again.