Sony Project Q remote play Handheld

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Like I said I love streaming Xbox games to my Steam Deck via Xbox Cloud Gaming…however the deck is also a fully fledged gaming system on its own.

I think the Q will really need to offer something else or it needs to be really, really cheap.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's just a dedicated device for remote play, right? Xbox also already supports remote play on mobile devices with real Xbox controllers.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
if only the device was at least pleasing to the eye, this really is a huge WTF sony
Seriously. Like I said before Sony is known for their fairly slick designs. The VITA was cool looking as fuck. This thing is just a PS5 controller split in half with a giant smartphone stuck in the middle and the PS5 looks like a damn air purifier, it's ridiculous.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
if only the device was at least pleasing to the eye, this really is a huge WTF sony

I looked up pictures of the thing. I had to check to make sure they were official and not mock-ups since it looks like some 12 year old Shopped two 3rd party XBox controllers onto a tablet in a blatantly Switch-ish configuration…but no, it was actual pros at Sony who came up with this.

Fucker looks to be about a foot wide…

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
The Wii U gamepad only works in the direct vicinity of the console. You can just plug the controller in when the battery runs down.

And, of course, the Wii U failed. The only failed Nintendo console in the middle of a run that included the DS, Wii, 3DS, and Switch.
Though was infinitely better. All hail the Wii U 🙌.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Honestly this looks dreadful at least with the psp and vita that could stream ps3 and ps4 you could also get games for them.

I don't like the design either.
Ps3 only had a couple games that could stream, Sony hyped the shit out of nothing. With the PS4 you can basically stream the system and it came into its own.

But yeah Sony killed Vita early and for no reason.
Screw them. Some blogger awhile ago was saying how Sony needs to make another handheld.
I was thinking yeah and Casey Anthony needs to have another kid.
No way I'm gonna touch this turd with a 10' pole.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Sony seemed to kill the Vita in the US early but also they had shit for software selection so every time I went to the store all the games were realistic military shit. In Japan there were a lot more games for that audience and it lived an OK life essentially being a direct replacement for the PSP. Since I like all that Bandai stuff I was a big fan of both PSP and Vita.

My earliest Vita game is Ridge Racer. The last retail game I bought for it was Super Robot Wars X. That from 2011 to 2018…not below average for a system. Honestly if the Switch hadn’t come along I think Bandai would still be making stuff for it.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
Sony seemed to kill the Vita in the US early but also they had shit for software selection so every time I went to the store all the games were realistic military shit. In Japan there were a lot more games for that audience and it lived an OK life essentially being a direct replacement for the PSP. Since I like all that Bandai stuff I was a big fan of both PSP and Vita.

My earliest Vita game is Ridge Racer. The last retail game I bought for it was Super Robot Wars X. That from 2011 to 2018…not below average for a system. Honestly if the Switch hadn’t come along I think Bandai would still be making stuff for it.
Yeah the Vita had some great gems but most of the time whenever I went to a store that had brand new PsVita stuff for sale it was always the boring games nobody cared about or some fps game. Wasn’t until much later I found the more better and great titles for the console.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Vita was loaded with cell phone weeaboo games. I cant even count the number of cases of beer i could have bought but instead went to target or walmart and bought stupid shit like tekken V street fighter or the HORRIBLE katamari game on the system (still pissed about that one.) shit sucked. No support, all fags trying to complete vita libraries while LRG laughed its way to the bank churning out visual novel bullshit jrpgs

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
trying to complete vita libraries while LRG laughed its way to the bank churning out visual novel bullshit jrpgs
Vita was the genesis of all these "strictly limited only run games" companies wasn't it? When people figured out the most basic and naive FOMO strategies worked well to make bank off shitty games.

Sony, I now approve the total destruction of the Vita ecosystem

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Vita was the genesis of all these "strictly limited only run games" companies wasn't it? When people figured out the most basic and naive FOMO strategies worked well to make bank off shitty games.

Sony, I now approve the total destruction of the Vita ecosystem
I mean… im pretty sure, but dont quote me boy i aint said shit.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Shiiiiiit, this thing is gonna bomb hard. It would have been a tough sell at at $99, but $299? Hoo boy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
At what Clearance price do you buy one of these?
$150? $99? $75?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
IDK, certainly under a hundred. But what would it be used for, other than PS5? Sounds like it's an oversized overpriced paperweight.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Ps3 only had a couple games that could stream, Sony hyped the shit out of nothing. With the PS4 you can basically stream the system and it came into its own.

But yeah Sony killed Vita early and for no reason.
Screw them. Some blogger awhile ago was saying how Sony needs to make another handheld.
I was thinking yeah and Casey Anthony needs to have another kid.
No way I'm gonna touch this turd with a 10' pole.
Sony killed the Vita for no reason? The reason was nobody fucking bought it, genius.

Do you know why the PSP had a long lifespan? Because they sold 82 million of them.

Tune in tomorrow when we'll examine why the Wii U got replaced by the Switch so quickly.