3. Kidpanda - 13,250,260 - All
4. andsuchisdeath - 13,108,450 - All
5. pulstar - 13,039,350 - All
6. whisper2053 - 2,707,680  - Stage 9
7. codecrank - 1,793,000 - Stage 7

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Jeneki had mentioned that this game was broken on some stage where ou could milk pretty hard, just to let the contestants know before they see godlike scores.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game makes you feel like an ace until the stage before the last, that's when hell breaks loose.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Jeneki had mentioned that this game was broken on some stage where ou could milk pretty hard, just to let the contestants know before they see godlike scores.
I suppose it depends how many days you want to let it run (you don't even have to press any buttons if you set it up right). I don't want to melt my Turbografx so I won't be doing any milking tricks here :) .

Some tips on this game:

1) It seems like many people just take Type 3 shot and stay with that because, well, Blazing Lazers d00d. I suggest trying Type 1 shot with homing missiles, as you get double missiles when used with Type 1 shot and gets completely ridiculous when fully powered up. And try out Type 4 on some of the particularly dense attack sections if you need to go defensive (stage 5 comes to mind). Type 3 is still pretty useful when a piercing shot is required, such as stages with hundreds of ground blocks that absorb all the normal bullets and prevent you from hitting enemies.

2) This game gives bombs like candy. So yeah, nuke 'em till they glow.

3) When you see a powerup that freezes when you shoot it (and makes really annoying sound effects when shot), this can be converted to a flashing orb either by shooting it repeatedly, or letting it fall off the bottom of the screen. Grabbing these flashing orbs allows you to respawn instantly when you die, instead of being sent back to a checkpoint. You can collect a large number of these and keep respawning until they run out.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I had no idea that's what the flashing orb did. I thought respawning was random.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
nice !

my turbo is lockup on me :( guess i'll have to use emulation this month...

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I think i will let this one pass. Not really in the mood to play consoles right now.

Have fun guys!

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
repurposed a spare snes power adatper... good 2 go :D

first run, lost all my guys on word 5 :lolz: ... what a crappy level to start over with the base gun !

16246711869_a30d80a3c3_c.jpg

codecrank - 1,793,000 - Stage 7

so much better than whisper ;)

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 3,059,470 - Stage 9

Blazing Lazers Score - 3,059,470 - Stage 9.png

Got really close to the 1CC, but lost my last life with an instant restart on the boss, and the checkpoint they put you at right before the last boss is pretty harsh with just the base weapon. :/

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

I googled a bit and wow... heavy milking in deed, everyone should be able to 1cc this one :lolz:

Avoid and do not shoot the Boss at the end of any odd numbered level. After the Boss leaves, 16 lives, 36 bombs, and a double score will be awarded.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I googled a bit and wow... heaving milking in deed, everyone should be able to 1cc this one :lolz:

Avoid and do not shoot the Boss at the end of any odd numbered level. After the Boss leaves, 16 lives, 36 bombs, and a double score will be awarded.

Right, but all of those lives without adequate respawn gels are useless.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'll be hopping in on this one, since you can play it on the go!

TurboExpress club. - proud member.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
A slightly better score (and a massive picture:eek:) from me...

score.jpg

pulstar - 13,039,350 - All

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
A slightly better score (and a massive picture:eek:) from me...

pulstar - 13,039,350 - All

nice ! almost took #1 :)

I gotta give it another go this week.

where's all those peeps who bought a turbo everdrive ? I'm sure they didn't get one for JJ & Jeff :lolz:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
IMG_3780.JPG

Kidpanda - 13,250,260 - All

I milked the first boss both times when you see him, if that disqualifies me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
:multi_co: new score leader :multi_co:

Everyone can do the same trick , who cares, this month's about just having fun :D

I couldn't get the other bosses to leave, I wasn't sure if it was that you couldn't shoot them or not destroy them. One boss I dodged for like 8 full mins and he didn't leave. I just gave up and blasted him. The first boss does show up before the last one and I did it there and it still worked. I'll mess around with it some more and see if I can do it on the other bosses.