SotM February 2023: Dragon Blaze

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Good improvement dude. Rank is really mean in this one. Can't comprehend the guys who no-miss / all. My best runs I die on stage 2. Get to stage 3 w/o dying and bullets are too fast, die, and can't power up in time to get back to good.

I wish there were an option to switch characters in this one. Stage 1 and 2 Ian. Stage 3 Rob. Stage 4 Aqua Dragon. I end up using Quaid as the best all-around. Ian's bomb absolutely sucks and you can't bomb out of trouble stage 4 and beyond, runs end quick. He's too fast for some of the tight patterns too. Really like this game.

Bob, i'm husing a HORI switch stick. It's really good. HORI Real Arcade IV Hayabusa. Highly recommend.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I have a Virtua Stick High Grade that I’ve used with a usb/db15 adapter and really like it. Adapter should be here this weekend and hopefully I’ll get some time to try it out. Also might put the switch on the crt versus running through the projector. I think it might be too big of a screen and losing track of things.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Edit: just got a better one.

opt2not 1-5 Sonia Arcade 432,500

9DCBD67F-1A7D-4DDE-8540-4A795869B8C9.jpeg

The game is tough and beautiful 👌. Some of these stages have some incredible sprite work. Bosses look dope, tank enemies are beefy, fodder are small with great details. I would regard this as Psikyo’s best looking game, as well as one of it’s hardest.
The game really picks up at 5, right off the bat you’re bombarded by all the bullet patterns at psikyo bullet speeds. I’m still trying to figure that stage out. Maybe come out of the gate using Super Magic (hold-shoot)? I’d have to have enough meter coming out of 4 to do that. 🤔
Anyway, Dragon Shoot is key for score and crowd-control. Get them gold coins, and don’t miss a Tech Bonus.
I also find there are plenty of opportunities to Dragon Shoot clusters of enemies and let my Dragon collect the Gold.

Fantastic game

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Edit: just got a better one.

opt2not 1-5 Sonia Arcade 432,500

View attachment 62894

The game is tough and beautiful 👌. Some of these stages have some incredible sprite work. Bosses look dope, tank enemies are beefy, fodder are small with great details. I would regard this as Psikyo’s best looking game, as well as one of it’s hardest.
The game really picks up at 5, right off the bat you’re bombarded by all the bullet patterns at psikyo bullet speeds. I’m still trying to figure that stage out. Maybe come out of the gate using Super Magic (hold-shoot)? I’d have to have enough meter coming out of 4 to do that. 🤔
Anyway, Dragon Shoot is key for score and crowd-control. Get them gold coins, and don’t miss a Tech Bonus.
I also find there are plenty of opportunities to Dragon Shoot clusters of enemies and let my Dragon collect the Gold.

Fantastic game
Are you playing this on the multi?

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
So what I’m hearing is…you wanna sell me the dedicated board…:love:
Eventually I need to make a decision on some of these PCBs that the multi handles. But it’s hard to part with the Blaze!

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I've only had regret on the boards i've sold. If you don't need the money (or space)...don't sell.

This is a top 10 for me. I'm very pleased with the modern ports on a lot of these, so it isn't horrible regret, but still regret.

I'll likely never have another original Dimahoo so i'm really hoping for a Switch or One port there.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It’s getting harder and harder to get rid of arcade gear these days. With the popularity and value increases, the idea of selling things and being able to buy it back later is becoming less likely.
These days I gotta think real hard if I wanna sell away my arcade stuff.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
No more improvement for me, but Tag had a slight increase.

413,800 - Tagan - 1-4 - Quaid - Switch

Screenshot_20230228-185856_Messages.jpg