SOTM Februray 2016: Espgaluda II

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
...but when you go full shmup you are constantly toggling between zetsushikkai, kakusei, normal, and overdrive.

hqdefault.jpg

Never go full shmup.

yatzr

New Challenger
Getting there. Just wish I could beat this damn stage 3 boss.
yatzr - 27,899,318 - Stage 3 - Ageha - Mame

InakKCQ.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
What helps me (assuming you have a full shield-barrier gage): right before the boss is to shoot the 'e' container late and let the 'e' float around while charging a shield barrier then as soon as the boss can take damage zap it and then pick up the 'e' to restore back to full. Knowing when to tap shield barrier for survival and when to hold it for a strong offensive laser is pretty important for taking on bosses.

Also, are you getting the stage 3 1UP?

Chempop

Take out all section of the midboss, I think it's 3 on the right, 3 on the left, then the core obviously. You can't use barrier-shield iirc. Then at the end of the stage there are two castle tower things in the background on the left, in zetsushikkai mode your shot will be hitting an invisible target near them until the 1Up is exposed.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Haven't played this one in a year or so. Gave it a few credits last night, starting to score a little better.

skate323k137 - 39,266,946 - Stage 4 - Ageha - 360

20160211_020636.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Scores updated ;)

@skate323k137
Sorry pal, i had to "trim" your nick a little bit to keep the table with the same size :D

Glad to see so many players this month. Let's work on these scores guys!!!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Scores updated ;)

@skate323k137
Sorry pal, i had to "trim" your nick a little bit to keep the table with the same size :D

Glad to see so many players this month. Let's work on these scores guys!!!

No worries. Skate works.

Also glad to see a lot of players (ballers, rollers...) this month

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Watching that video is depressing. I feel so inferior. Up to 14 million. Weak.

Chempop

Prolly doesn't leave the house. Life is more important than shooties. Always remember that Mike.

Owning games is more important than knowing how to play them. Always remember that neo-geo forum.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
mjmjr25 - 16,981,521 - Stage 3 - Ageha - 360
Spoiler:
JvHOZDs.jpg

Chempop

90mil over here, I should actually try to clear again. I think the clear bonus is +100mil.

chempop - 92,574,510 - Stage 6 - Ageha - 360

ESPG290mil.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

:make_fac:

I should be able to break 100mil no prob, if only it wasn't 50degrees in my apartment. I need one of those heated control panels :(

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Modest improvement to my score...finally starting to take advantage of zetsushikkai mode.

kuze - 29,417,731 - Stage 4 - Ageha - PCB

OQt4ARC.jpg

I'm coming for you Pandar... :vik:

Chempop

I keep messing up the last part right before the final boss with all those annoying 'chirpy-clones' as I call em.

chempop - 123,156,618 - Stage 6 - Ageha - 360

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Oh dang EG - I just saw that pic - you dug deep on that one. Reminds me I should try this on my handheld:

Spoiler:

Whoa - whaddya know; modest improvement:
Spoiler:
xXrTjER.jpg

mjmjr25 - 19,515,031 - Ageha - Stage 4 - 360

Chempop

Mike, have you tried a zetsushikkai to finish off the stage 2 boss? As soon as he starts that final pattern trigger it and herd as many bullets before killing him.
Shouldn't be too hard to pull off with a little practice and is worth nearly 10mil.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I have a few times but have always biffed and used my auto barrier - i've been accustomed to playing safe and just go kakusei. I need to do it there and other places as well. I admittedly still play this as if it's Galuda I and I need to turn my brain around on that if i'm gonna score.

Chempop

Honestly I'm playing it like galuda1 too. There are only a few parts I mess with Zetsu in addition to trying to finish bosses off with it when I can.

I KNOW Jeneki has a high score coming, come on man don't be holding out :vik:

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Name Score Stage Char. PCB/360
Ballzdeepx 13,207,585 Stage 3 Ageha 360

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh dang EG - I just saw that pic - you dug deep on that one.
Digging deep is what I do...lol, no, I was looking at LCD rigs one day 'cause I have a project I've been working on for a while now, just on paper though...so anyway one of those days you popped up, I laughed and figured this was the place and time but seeing as you disappeared I took it down thinking it was poor taste from my part but I'm glad to see that isn't the case...looking good! ;)

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Ok. I'm finally starting to better understand zetsushikkai - I've been playing it too similar to kakusei, just dead centering under the enemy and letting bullets spawn, and then killing the target. Once you go zetsu I need to immediately start moving to have the newly spawned seekers chase me.

I've only hit zetsu on 2nd boss final form once - but yeah, it got me about 8 million. My problem (I think) is that I activate it on his first or second form too often and am then out of ingot when I need to go zetsu. I've never really thought about it too much - but now I def see that is a fool's errand.

There is also a spot before 3rd mid-boss where those popcorn flies come from both sides - I'm going zetsu there and putting on 7-10 mill before that mid-boss. I haven't put it altogether in one run yet, but am getting there. Have a dozen or so runs today in the 18-24 million range - steady improvements.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Digging deep is what I do...lol, no, I was looking at LCD rigs one day 'cause I have a project I've been working on for a while now, just on paper though...so anyway one of those days you popped up, I laughed and figured this was the place and time but seeing as you disappeared I took it down thinking it was poor taste from my part but I'm glad to see that isn't the case...looking good! ;)

Yeah - that was one of those "would I play my pcb's more if I could play in bed" - so I threw that thing together in a day (well, 2 days to stain / poly). It wasn't beautiful, but it was functional. Ultimately it was too much weight on my legs. I chucked it and built something else.