• Formation Armed F - Nichibutsu 1988

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
2022 SOTM January

Varth Operation Thunderstorm - Arcade, PS2, Xbox, PSP!, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam

Grindstormer/ V-5 - Arcade, Genesis
Cosmo Gang the Arcade - Arcade, Super Famicom

Raiden Fighters Jet - Arcade, Xbox 360

Dangun Feveron - Arcade, PS4, Xbox One

Crisis Wing - Steam, PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Crisis Force - Famicom

Formation Armed F - Arcade, Arcade Archives, PC Engine

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Good selection for this month, kudos for that ;)
Thank you. I actually had even more ideas but I reduced the choices to these hope everyone is happy with the final choice.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I don't think I've played any of these and probably 1/2 I haven't heard of...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I don't think I've played any of these and probably 1/2 I haven't heard of...
Well now is your chance to try something new! I tried to pick some under the radar games like Cosmo Gang and Crisis Force specifically because they are not widely discussed and have not been played in a previous month. A fellow Neo member visited me not that long ago and he had never played or heard of Cosmo Gang, that’s why I Included it, since it’s a Namco comedy Galaga clone. Crisis Wing is basically a modern take on Truxton, that’s a newer one I bet many people haven’t played. Varth is decent and never gets talked about.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Just in case people don’t know since right now they have the most votes, Grind Stormer and V-5 have different power up systems. Grind Stormer automatically powers up I believe while V-5 has a Gradius select system. Both versions are available on the Genesis Tengen version.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
The scoring system on Grind Stormer is brilliant - it's the better version of the game imo.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
We will definitely need seperate score boards becuse the game changes considerably.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have the poll closing on the 4th so get your votes in! Raiden Jet has had an uptick in votes!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’m thinking arcade/Genesis so it’s not out of hand so two separate scoreboards one for v-5 and one for grindstormer. Does that work? People list their system anyway so we can differentiate between Sega and arcade, but only have two scoreboards
I’m also going to have a separate thread for Cosmo Gang the Video

Raiden Fighters is getting closer though!

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I own both the PCB and Genesis cart but would prefer the arcade PCB.
I’ll probably do the Genesis cart via Everdrive as I usually do real hardware when I can and don’t do Mame too much but I’m sure I’m in the minority.

It’s one shooter on the Genesis I don’t have but I think the ship has sailed on that for me price wise, that’s cool you have the PCB though.

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Great Selection, haven't participated in awhile but looking forward to it
Picked Jet cause it's the only one I own and I haven't put serious time into it :)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Couple more days this closes Tuesday! Also thank you ShoottheCore for hosting December!

Crisis Wing has been on sale on Switch, Steam, and PS4 that I know of so if anyone wants to check out a Toaplan ish current game check out the demo videos.