SotM January 2023: Gunbird 2

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've given up for this month. I find the game far too frustrating on the normal difficultly setting and don't have the time to invest in getting good enough to post even a half-modest score.

Hopefully you guys will come up with something a little more up my street in February.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Probably the most frustrating part is when later levels get hectic, and medal chaining becomes the main cause of deaths. Its difficult for sure, and I'm not too sure if i should just focus on survival or rack as many bonuses as i can before the inevitable end.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I love this game hard.

When i'm playing this 2-3 hours can go by in 20 minutes.

It isn't as pretty as some. The enemies can be boring. Stages too short, boss fights too long, bombs too late to deploy.

So many flaws.

It is perfect.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Slight improvement here, I really need tons of practice on Stage 4 >_>

9Oeb917.png

kuze - 1-4 - Alucard - MAME - 293,300

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
MmSadda - 272,400 - Valpiro - 1-3 PCB
IMG_20230127_104708971.jpg

Just got this PCB like a month ago and meant to hit this hard, but I'm JUST now getting to it. Game is definitely growing on me

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Nice job. That stage 4 boss i've relegated to bomb-spam. I just can't get the patterns to memory, it just looks like a hot mess of death and I dodge too far.

This is my 4th or 5th time putting serious time into this game and this is the first time i've finally got all gemhead locations to constant memory. Not that it helps as 90% of runs lose a life getting too greedy. This game is so well designed. They manage to have 3 bullets on every blue gem. They just dare you to go for it...and we do...and we die.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I've just been dropping a bomb when revealing a gem head so that I can shoot him and collect all hist loot without interruption. As for the fourth boss - I didn't have to completely bomb-spam him, but I did make it to him without a lost life up to that point, which helped a lot. :D

Leaderboard updated!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Last week I was traveling for work and brought the Switch to play at night, didn’t make any real improvements but it’s still a very fun game.
Still think I can only chain max 5…

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Last week I was traveling for work and brought the Switch to play at night, didn’t make any real improvements but it’s still a very fun game.
Still think I can only chain max 5…
My highest this month was 12. I try to chain first 2 stages pretty solid, but I don't focus on it at all Stage 3 and beyond.

Rank is tough in this one.