• 19XX (friend's request :P)

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Hi guys,

sorry for the late thread creation. I suggest that we vote until Sunday, and i create the month's scoring thread next Monday.

As always, please feel free to make any comments/suggestions.

EDIT - I was trying to add one more day to the poll, but seems like i can't edit that now. Anyway, if you try to vote during Sunday and the Poll is already closed, post on this thread and i will consider it.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Isn't it 19XX, the CPS2 game, rather than any game in the series?

Yup, it's the Tate one on the CPS2 ;)

Edit - and to be honest, I tried it today and I'm not a fan...

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Yup, it's the Tate one on the CPS2 ;)

Edit - and to be honest, I tried it today and I'm not a fan...

I felt the same when I first tried it, but it grew me; I definitely prefer it to 1944. Although I'm not a *big* fan of any in the series to be honest.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
To understand 19XX, use charge-shot (hold shot button) to laser-lockon kill stuff, then use the charge-bomb (hold bomb button) to WIN.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Voted Batsugun.

I'm ok with what I've played of 19xx, don't love it, don't hate it.

Guwange has an amazing aesthetic, but I've tried and I cannot play it with normal arcade controls, I could only do the arrange 360 mode with the analog sticks :(

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Now that there are now doubts about the game, please let me know if you keep your vote or if you want to change it.

Aiight then, my mistake. You can change my vote to Batsugun. Thanks in advance!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
As my xbox360 RROD'ed after a microsoft update (oh the irony), I'll vote Batsugun (horray for Saturn)

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
"Official voting":

Batsugun - 6
Guwange - 3
19xx (CPS2) - 4

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
then use the charge-bomb (hold bomb button) to WIN.

Oh!

That'll certainly help me a lot. Never knew you could do that.
Pretty sure it'll make my runs better. That's a nice feat - it certainly increases the strategy a lot.

To the "nay-sayers" : It may look bad and simple on YT, but it actually has a lot of potential. Scoring techniques are plentiful.
My vote goes in there! :buttrock:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
"Official voting":

Batsugun - 6
Guwange - 4
19xx (CPS2) - 5

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I did realise we already had that one as shmup of the month in recent times (would not have changed my vote though).
Did fire it up for some rounds today, but did opt for the pad instead of the Lemstick this time - personally I seem to be better at the controls that way.
Still trying to get back into the game, but I managed to beat my old highscore (which isn't much obviously but for the first few attempts it's ok)

As the level progress seems to have a massive impact (e.g.: with ship type B you get some spread shots I have to dig up the old thread to see how you can rack up those levels faster).
The Lvl1 Boss (Deep Purple) seems easy enough with destroying the side turrets and then going for the kill. However in order to keep my progress in level 2 I have to bomb quite a lot - so I guess the next key point is to learn the pattern of Madzella.

Which ships/pilots do you guys use?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Seems like we have a tie between Batsugun and 19XX. If you guys agree, I will launch a score table for both games.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Seems like we have a tie between Batsugun and 19XX. If you guys agree, I will launch a score table for both games.

I'm down with that, my focus will definitely be on batsugun, but I can see myself getting a few rounds in on 19xx.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
June's score thread is up, start shooting!