SOTM March 2020 - Sengoku Blade/Tengai

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Little by little memorizing the enemy patterns

Hell yeah, gg, working yourself out of last place! Memorizing the patterns is the best way to stay on top of crowd control in this game.

Scores updated! Work on your social distancing by staying home and playing Tengai instead this weekend :buttrock:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
_rm_ - 491,100- Junis - 1-5 - PCB

igA933e.jpg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
_rm_ - 491,100- Junis - 1-5 - PCB

Solid improvement, _rm_, that's a top 3 score! Not far from the extend at 600,000, which should carry you even further.

Scores updated now.

Adding in my clear too:

egg_sanwich - 905,500 - Ayin - 2-1 - PCB - N
fcf4ebbe51b34f302767e047c509d1dd.jpg

This clear is big for me for a number of reasons. First Psikyo clear, first clear of 2020, and last clear before the end of the world. My autofire pcb wasn't working too well either, so just went in old fashioned and hammered that shot button. Second loop is pure madness with suicide bullets, it was pretty much an instant death.

I tried a Koyori run just to see what the hype with the boobs was all about. And wow she is a tough character to play, that charge shot does not leave much room for error in order to be very effective. Anyone who hasn't tried Ayin yet, I really recommend him for an easy boost to your score.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Solid improvement, _rm_, that's a top 3 score! Not far from the extend at 600,000, which should carry you even further.

Scores updated now.

Adding in my clear too:

egg_sanwich - 905,500 - Ayin - 2-1 - PCB - N

This clear is big for me for a number of reasons. First Psikyo clear, first clear of 2020, and last clear before the end of the world. My autofire pcb wasn't working too well either, so just went in old fashioned and hammered that shot button. Second loop is pure madness with suicide bullets, it was pretty much an instant death.

I tried a Koyori run just to see what the hype with the boobs was all about. And wow she is a tough character to play, that charge shot does not leave much room for error in order to be very effective. Anyone who hasn't tried Ayin yet, I really recommend him for an easy boost to your score.

I think i've hit my wall, everything goes ludacris as soon as you start stage 5. But i might take your advice and try Ayin, forgot about that character.

Big congrats on the clear.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Nice Egg! Congrats! I, like _rm_ , think I've hit my wall also...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
ggallegos1 - 392,800- Ayin - 1-4 - Switch - Y-Autofire
dfed85cb028b575ac5ba7be475c8c861.jpg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
ggallegos1 - 392,800- Ayin - 1-4 - Switch - Y-Autofire

Nice improvement! How'd you like Ayin? Don't feel bad just bombing through the St 4 boss rush, I still can't get through that stage without 1-2 bombs.

Scoreboard updated now.

Thanks Dogg and _rm_. Stage 5 was my wall for a while, and I still lose at least a life there now. I find the rank has usually elevated a lot by the point, so it you're able to power down by touching an enemy it really helps manage that stage. The large hands that rush you are a good opportunity for that in St 5. After powering down, not only is rank decreased, but the next enemy waves are replaced with powerup carriers which helps you avoid some of the busy sections.

Still lots of time to improve those scores :buttrock:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I just noticed that my rapid fire pcb doesn't work with this pcb. I think it's the first time this happened with any game and i can't even understand how it's possible.

Anyone uses one of those rapid fire pcb with this game?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I just noticed that my rapid fire pcb doesn't work with this pcb. I think it's the first time this happened with any game and i can't even understand how it's possible.

Anyone uses one of those rapid fire pcb with this game?

I use a JNX Spitfire, and this is the only pcb I’ve ever had issues with it working.

It might be voltage related-my spitfire has the onboard voltmeter and shows a solid 5.0 when I first start playing, and the Spitfire seems to work fine. Then after some playtime the voltage starts dropping and the Spitfire stops working reliably. I just stopped using it since it was messing up my runs.

I had assumed it was my power supply, but interesting to hear that others are having issues as well.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
This is very strange, thanks a lot for your input.

By the way, i have a home made version just like this: http://ikotsu.blogspot.com/2010/03/passive-jamma-auto-fire-circuit.html
So i don't think it's power related, it must be something else.

Out of curiosity, i will take a look at the "input area" of the PCB to see if it has some kind of "special IC's" that could be related to this. Don't want to continue the off-topic, but i would like to find out what's different about this specific game :D

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This is my last one for the month. I really enjoy this game and may put more time into it on my own.

ggallegos1 - 410,700- Ayin - 1-4 - Switch - Y-Autofire
2c4b97cab28b52235a9d26de5af6accf.jpg

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I haven’t had the time to dig into this game as much as I’d like sadly, but here’s one more score:

ShootTheCore - 437600 - Hayate - 1-4 - PCB - N

7AC9DF70-5F1B-42C2-8E28-C8B07287250B.jpeg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
ShootTheCore - 437600 - Hayate - 1-4 - PCB - N

Scores updated! Tomorrow's your last day for scores, let's see what you got.

Looks like Stage 4 is a wall for many, don't forget to use your bombs. Use a bomb per midboss if you have to, they give them out like candy in this game. Scorewise, I don't think bombing has any negative impact at all so don't be dying when you have them in stock.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
One more just before the deadline!

ShootTheCore - 663600 - Ayin - 1-6 - PCB - N

37B138C8-7BA5-4003-9D9D-05101CD83355.jpeg

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
ShootTheCore - 663600 - Ayin - 1-6 - PCB - N

Nice work, STC! Picking up that extend at 600k helps a lot as well, you're not far from the clear at this point.

Final day to get your scores in. As an incentive, I'll buy anyone a digital copy of Vasara collection if they can clear the first loop of this game before the end of the day :buttrock:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
After hitting a wall for about a week and a half I figured something out this evening and upped the score a little bit. I'm going to keep working at this one- I know I can make it do stage 5.

lIjqoWP.jpg

snes_collector- 359,600 - Ayin - 1-4 - Switch - Y

Congrats on the clear egg_sanwich, this is a fun game

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
After hitting a wall for about a week and a half I figured something out this evening and upped the score a little bit. I'm going to keep working at this one- I know I can make it do stage 5.

Progress is progress! I still bomb my way through stage 4, so don't hold back :-J

Scores updated now, last call for any final scores!