SOTM November: Magical Night Dreams - Cotton Boomerang

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
glad to have you on board Neodogg

Improved my score: Berry Togart - Stage 3 - 27 chain - 31 hit - 1.084.800 ST-V Emulation
(it's not much but enough to move 1 place forward ;))
cotton.PNG

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
alright so I played around a little more, I keep getting a little better each time I play. This is what I got so far:
Neodogg - Stage 2 - 29 chain - 13 max hit- 851700

7E86F1F3-E106-4617-B2BA-DA8F1A12FF88.jpg

I had a lower score once that had like a 65 max hit, but the overall score wasn't that good. I just got a bat stuck in the corner and shot the shit out of him! Gonna try for a million. baby steps

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
You know, tossing a bubble into a group of tightly packed enemies and watching them all get scooped up is pretty hilarious. I approve this game.

Also I noticed that using the :back::forw::A: attack entraps the first enemy it hits. May be a good alternative for times when getting close enough to grab is too dangerous.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 2,933,400 - Stage 4 - 71 Chain - 275 Hit - Saturn

Spoiler:
Cotton Boomerang Score 2,933,400.png

Also I noticed that using the :back::forw::A: attack entraps the first enemy it hits. May be a good alternative for times when getting close enough to grab is too dangerous.

So does the Diagonal Spray Shot Up and Down. Though I usually just go in and grab them. It has a bit more range than it looks.

EDIT: New score. Finally got to the Stage 4 boss, but died touching him while stupidly chasing a barrier powerup. :p

Beelzebub - 3,168,000 - Stage 4 - 94 Chain - 299 Hit

Cotton Boomerang Score 3,168,000.png

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
EDIT: New score. Finally got to the Stage 4 boss, but died touching him while stupidly chasing a barrier powerup. :p

Hahaha.. I feel your pain - friggin powerups have the same speed as my witch on the broom - she should get an afterburner for these occasions!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Someone caring to share strategies for the 2nd Level Boss? I managed to find out that I can disarm the 1st Level boss him with the bubble, but on the 2nd Level I can only prevent getting hit by the shots with smartbombs.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Someone caring to share strategies for the 2nd Level Boss? I managed to find out that I can disarm the 1st Level boss him with the bubble, but on the 2nd Level I can only prevent getting hit by the shots with smartbombs.

The only thing I can say is to remember that your charged shot destroys regular bullets. Also while you're charging you actually move faster, which helps when he ends up chasing you around the screen. Also, don't forget to shoot of as many of his tentacles as you can. You can get a pretty decent chunk of points out of it.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Also you can 'collect' certain bullets with the grab button when you don't have an enemy bubble. As far as I can tell you can only collect the same type of bullets that get nullified by the charge shot.

Should have a bit more time over the next few days to try and chase Beelzebub's awesome score (and convince myself that my score wasn't some kind of fluke:) )

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
pulstar - 3,316,600 - Stage 5 - 104 Chain - 22 Hit - ST-V

SAM_2837_zps540646e4.jpg

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 3,750,300 - Stage 4 - 102 Chain - 313 Hit - Saturn

Cotton Boomerang Score 3,750,300.png

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I dont understand how to avoid the club mashing of the first boss. it just kills all 3 of my girls in no time at all. What to do?

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I dont understand how to avoid the club mashing of the first boss. it just kills all 3 of my girls in no time at all. What to do?

First of all it helps if you use a charge shot to destroy his feet. That way he walks towards you much slower. What I do is while he's walking towards me I hold the back button, and I hover just off the ground and continuously blast him with charge shots. Alternatively you can also grab his club and axe from him using the grab button. Though you'll still have to watch out for him swinging his arms. Also once he's unarmed Gargoyles will periodically fly in and he'll start wielding them as weapons.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
pulstar - 3,875,800 - Stage 5 - 133 Chain - 52 Hit - ST-V.

SAM_2839_zps6607eaf2.jpg

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Last score of the month for me...really busy next week. Ho hum.

Anyway:

pulstar - 4,456,600 - Stage 5 - 101 Chain - 32 Hit - ST-V

SAM_2843_zps8e3ce705.jpg

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Just a few hours left, though I'd wager that pulstar's going to take this one.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Congrats to pulstar for handily taking November! Good luck in December, guys :)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Congrats Pulstar and thank you very much whisp for Hosting it.
Didn't have more Play as unfortunately the Saturn didn't make it in time and I couldn't convince myself to Play it more on the Emu.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Congrats Pulstar and thank you very much whisp for Hosting it.
Didn't have more Play as unfortunately the Saturn didn't make it in time and I couldn't convince myself to Play it more on the Emu.

No worries bud, I wish I had been able to put in more time myself. It was a fun month though, and I hope some people discovered a new-ish game (to them) that's worth going beyond the exterior appearance and actually playing. Cheers, all!