opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
xmultiplm72.png

Default settings (dipswitches):
Normal Difficulty
3 Lives
No Continues
Autofire is ok, just include it in the score submission.

Code:
 PCB/MAME/PS4/SWITCH
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - AUTOFIRE? - PLATFORM
1. GMEGBLN - 2,347,200 - Stage 6 - Autofire ON - MAME
2. Chosen One - 1,601,500 - Stage 5 - Autofire ON - Switch 
3. ShootTheCore - 1,245,500 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - PCB
4. DJJIMMYJAMES - 1,029,6OO - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - MAME
5. Beelzebub - 1,017,300 - Stage 4 - Autofire OFF - MAME

Code:
 SATURN/PSX
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - AUTOFIRE? - PLATFORM
1. opt2not - 1,207,600 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn
2. Atro - 1,043,500 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn
3. daskrabs - 924,400 - Stage 3 - Autofire ON - Saturn
4. gusmoney - 625,700 - Stage 3 - Autofire OFF - Saturn

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Fun game! Enjoying it a lot

0000.png

GMEGBLN - 637600 - Stage 3 - Autofire ON - MAME

Stuck at the eyeball poppin' skullboys in Stage 3, they shower way too many peepers at me. Not sure how to pass it yet, trying to resist the urge to youtube it. Any help would be appreciated!
Also having a bad habit of restarting the whole game when I lose my first life, losing your power stinks!

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I never really played this game growing up. I put a few credits in the NNC but can’t get past the second level. The first board is cake but the second is slow as hell and it’s more difficult than I anticipated. I’ll get past it soon enough. The game looked whack as a kid but it’s actually good as an adult.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
For Saturn, some small things I have picked up:

1) A+B+C+Start will reset the game back to the title screen

2) The shoulder buttons raise/lower the bottom score/lives meter.

HFMsAOXm.jpg

gusmoney - 344,100 - Stage Two - No AF - Saturn

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
For Saturn, some small things I have picked up:

1) A+B+C+Start will reset the game back to the title screen

2) The shoulder buttons raise/lower the bottom score/lives meter.

Additional info: The soft-reset (ABC+Start) is a handy feature, which works on a Saturn generally for all games and you can lower the X-Multiply bar with the shoulder buttons on the PS1, too.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
GMEGBLN - 1,340,500 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - MAME

0003.png

Got to the sperm lizard in Stage 5 for the first time and choked, doesn't seem like too many surprises there unless there's a second form

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I hit stage 3 last night and was like, what do I do. That stage 2 ship is ridiculous. I can’t wait to get home and take on stage 3. I wish I could do a stage select to try them and practice each stage separate.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beelzebub - 1,017,300 - Stage 4 - Auto off - MAME

0002.png

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
The game froze had 3 lives left. I would have been on top I’m slowly catching up. Tried turbo tonight, whole different animal I can hit about 600k without it.
DJJIMMYJAMES - 1,029,6OO - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - MAME

0D978173-CCF9-4365-B5A7-24F49BB35379.jpeg

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Lm0JO6Pm.jpg

gusmoney - 625,700 - Stage Three - No AF - Saturn

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
87ujzC4.jpg

Atro - 1043500 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn

For some odd reason, I made a better score but it displayed it on 2nd position...

I'm enjoying this game more and more as I get going. Hard as nails tho.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Just getting myself on the board. I can do better. I will do better!

ShootTheCore - 650100 - Stage 3 - Autofire ON - PCB

BF354ACF-27EA-438C-A9ED-8DCD32BB23AE.jpeg

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Enjoying this one a lot! The music right before the 3rd stage boss gets my head bobbin’ to the beat.

opt2not - 1046700 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn

2ECiVpol.jpg

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I hit stage 3 last night and was like, what do I do. That stage 2 ship is ridiculous. I can’t wait to get home and take on stage 3. I wish I could do a stage select to try them and practice each stage separate.

So I downloaded this on my switch and started playing it a couple days ago. You can create a save and continue from it. It’s a bit wonky but once you figure it out you can basically use it that way. I played until I could beat stage one then made a save and practiced stage two etc.

I don’t play on PC or mame and never have, so ‘save states’ are new to me, it has drastically helped me on this game. I’ve never played XMultiply before and my best run so far is a bit over a million and I can make it to stage 4 somewhat consistently.

Still have a bit of difficulty on stage 3, I made a save state to practice the boss earlier but the whole stage is still 50/50 for me losing all my lives.

I’ll edit with my score in a bit as my switch died and I’m charging it, but fair warning it’s a take your word thing on the Hampster download as you can use the save states to jack your score up. As mentioned above my current best is a bit over a mill but my scoreboard has a 1.4 mill that was from using a save state at the beginning of stage 3 to practice and getting through to the beginning of stage 5. I have not yet put a run that far without the save state, although I believe I will soon as I’m getting better at stages 3&4.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I’ll edit with my score in a bit as my switch died and I’m charging it, but fair warning it’s a take your word thing on the Hampster download as you can use the save states to jack your score up.

It's all good. It's a friendly competition anyway. We assume that people are being honest about their scores, because what would be the point of cheating? To make yourself look good at games on a forum?
For me, it's about learning these games and playing along with others during the month. I don't get a chance to do it every month, my schedule varies from week to week. But what I like about the SOTM is the exposure of games, as well as discussing strats or features with fellow fans of the genre. Sounds sappy i know, but whatever, it's another thing for me to look forward to each month.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
So I downloaded this on my switch and started playing it a couple days ago. You can create a save and continue from it. It’s a bit wonky but once you figure it out you can basically use it that way. I played until I could beat stage one then made a save and practiced stage two etc.

I don’t play on PC or mame and never have, so ‘save states’ are new to me, it has drastically helped me on this game. I’ve never played XMultiply before and my best run so far is a bit over a million and I can make it to stage 4 somewhat consistently.

Still have a bit of difficulty on stage 3, I made a save state to practice the boss earlier but the whole stage is still 50/50 for me losing all my lives.

I’ll edit with my score in a bit as my switch died and I’m charging it, but fair warning it’s a take your word thing on the Hampster download as you can use the save states to jack your score up. As mentioned above my current best is a bit over a mill but my scoreboard has a 1.4 mill that was from using a save state at the beginning of stage 3 to practice and getting through to the beginning of stage 5. I have not yet put a run that far without the save state, although I believe I will soon as I’m getting better at stages 3&4.

I figured out how to select stages on arpicade. Haven’t done it yet. Fussing with my astro adding stereo, new speakers, line level attenuation and some other things. All my plays so far have been From start to finish. I think you can save on the arpicade but that defeats the whole purpose of this competition. The arpicade will freeze on regular auto fire learned that when I ran into a wall and it glitched out with three lives left. However auto fire is getting me further.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
It's all good. It's a friendly competition anyway. We assume that people are being honest about their scores, because what would be the point of cheating? To make yourself look good at games on a forum?
For me, it's about learning these games and playing along with others during the month. I don't get a chance to do it every month, my schedule varies from week to week. But what I like about the SOTM is the exposure of games, as well as discussing strats or features with fellow fans of the genre. Sounds sappy i know, but whatever, it's another thing for me to look forward to each month.

Thanks a ton for hosting, I was somewhat aware of X-Multiply but I don't think I'd have ever bothered trying it without this SOTM, and I've really enjoyed strategizing and experimenting with positioning a lot. I'm confident I'll nab a 1CC in the next couple days. It's also shown me that I just prefer hori shmups over vert, as much as I want to like vert they never grab me as much and this one's reinforced that for me.

And I've also been using save states in the same way The_Chosen_One is - saving at the start of each level to practice consistency with hard segments, then resetting for a score attempt. Sure beats going through the game again to attempt a pain point, especially when you get downgraded so hard after croaking. Much love to the Sega Saturn players, save states have been an immensely useful tool for me. So far I've completed the first loop save-scummed and can reliably no-miss until stage 5-6, but haven't quite pieced a full run together yet.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I little improvement. Man, if you bite it near the end of stage 4, there are no power-ups near the boss when you respawn. it’s really hard fightin him with a peashooter.

opt2not - 1117580 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn

CjYDZ06l.jpg

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I little improvement. Man, if you bite it near the end of stage 4, there are no power-ups near the boss when you respawn. it’s really hard fightin him with a peashooter.

Word. There IS a safe spot though if you need it:

Spoiler:
Stage 4 boss: Top left, as far as you can go up without exploding (will clip into the ceiling a bit without dying)

Unfortunately you can't actually kill the boss with this strat - it'll suicide before dying, missing out on the sweet juicy points. But you're completely safe in that spot if you're just trying to progress.

This game's actually filled with tons of safe spots, it's actually pretty fun finding them (thank you save states lol). Posting if anyone needs help:

Stage 3:
Spoiler:
Line yourself up with the center of the "door" that closes behind you as far back as you can go, and the reflecting lasers won't touch you. Let your rope boys dangle down and take out the left turtle heads, and the rightmost are much easier (or if you have homing, you can just stay put for awhile lol

Stage 5:
Spoiler:
Wait for the lizard to rise up and just tuck yourself right under the weak spot while sitting in the water a bit (the top bit of the water won't kill you). Let your thing dangle up and damage the weak spot while it bobs down to try and hit you. After 5 (or 6?) bobs, retreat and wait for it to pop back up on the other side and repeat

Stage 6:
Spoiler:
If you have enough bombs, just sit to the top left of his head and unload on it, it'll go down really quick and your doodads should take care of the measly projectiles that come out

Stage 7:
Spoiler:
First form, just stick to the top-left of it's head and the finger lasers will miss you. I line the rear of my ship up with the top curve of a portion of the background, but there's probably a couple spots in that area that the fingers can't point at. When the egg explodes, I stay in the bottom-left to avoid the shards. After that, you kinda just have to watch the pattern closely, but I try and stick to the bottom-left and move in circles to avoid the fetuses

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

opt2not - 1117580 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn

CjYDZ06l.jpg

I did try endlessly (took me around 10-12 tries). Ended up beating the crap of him.

Tried to do the same on Boss Hydra. But he's a bastard. But won't post scroing on those as I did continued the play.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I downloaded this game for PS4 and started playing. Died at the 1st boss with a score of 114,000. I feel like I am either not quite getting a good sense of the hitbox yet, or missing the fact that with a powered up ship you can possibly neutralize some enemy fire. How long have you guys been practicing this game in order to get 600K+? Any tips gents?

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Didn’t take too long to crack 600k. Maybe a few days of figuring out the stages.

Use your arms to block enemy shots. They also do damage to enemies too.
Useful for the handful of times enemies creep up behind you.

For me, I don’t take more than one speed-up. Helps me control the ship better.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
dc211f6cccf2f3a4407c0c2630a3f113.jpg

Chosen One - 1,601,500 - Stage 5 - Switch - Auto Y

Stage 4 is a pain, the joycons have caused a ton of deaths for me. This was my one run I made it through all the way, started stage 5 and had no clue and lost all lives rapidly.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Nice. I've yet to crack stage 5. Stage 4 has been a bitch so far.

I hooked up the Saturn to my arcade cab and did slightly better:
D0jmhMVl.jpg

opt2not - 1207600 - Stage 4 - Autofire ON - Saturn

I'll be playing this and Lifeforce (pcb) on Twitch today if anyone wants to come by and hang out.

6pm PST https://www.twitch.tv/gillaxian

Last edited: