SOTM September 2022: Carrier Airwing

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Not a fan of this series…
I do hate the level 1 bullets out the butt that match the background…yeah yeah get better.

1663023553754.jpeg
New to Switch (thanks @ nerd) but came in handy while daughter had close door bball try outs.
Stage 3 , last plane…

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
6qausTym.jpg

gusmoney - Stage 6 - F-14 Tomcat - MiSTer - 263,880

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Disclaimer: Used fastest autofire allowed by Capcom Arcade Stadium.

Pretty Amy - Stage 8 - F-18 Hornet - Xbox - 462,890 (Autofire)

EnLD2Rt.jpg

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
lol, the same happened to me tonight! I don't think I have it in my soul to grind out the 1CC in this game again, so I'll probably sit on this one. Hats off to roker. I hope you get the 1CC!

Pretty Amy - Stage 10 - F-18 Hornet - Xbox - 902,370 (Autofire)

OOsXshU.jpg

Looked up a YouTube 1CC to see how close I was and saw something that's essentially a cheat with score/money I didn't know about before (and didn't use in my runs):

Spoiler:

Finally, there exists ways to cheat the shop in this game. You can essentially "steal" items without lowering from your cash total, but this is only possible using autofire. All scores above 2.4 million used this tactic; It adds considerably more potential to your score because you get a end of level "credit" for not using all your purchased weapons.

I was able to reproduce that twice on Capcom Arcade Stadium. Not sure how to do it consistently. I was only able to buy the sub-weapon in stage 1 and keep the cash. I wonder if you can use it in later stages to buy the sub-weapon and fuel/shields.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I can’t play this game at night anymore because it gets my mind going and then I can’t sleep. I’m definitely going to attempt to do a 1 cc now that I’ve come so close but I might do what I did last time and try to get it in the final days of the month.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I lied and kept playing. Got a 1CC.

Pretty Amy - all - F-18 Hornet - Xbox - 1,766,490 (Autofire)

dv6gKt5.jpg

I've posted this before, but here are some really good covers of the Carrier Air Wing music. The only covers I know of too.

Are you going to keep going? I still don’t get that cheat you posted above.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
No, I'm good.

re: shop cheat:

Spoiler:
I can do the cheat somewhat consistently on the first stage:

1. Pick your plane
2. Immediately hold down autofire (mine was set to "very fast" in Capcom Arcade Stadium)
3. I also held down the sub-weapon fire button, but not sure if that's necessary

You end up buying the sub-weapon without spending money. If you don't use any of it (or some of it), you get extra points at the end of the stage too.

Supposedly you could use that throughout the whole game to boost your score. I never was able to do it after the 1st stage myself.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
No, I'm good.

re: shop cheat:

Spoiler:
I can do the cheat somewhat consistently on the first stage:

1. Pick your plane
2. Immediately hold down autofire (mine was set to "very fast" in Capcom Arcade Stadium)
3. I also held down the sub-weapon fire button, but not sure if that's necessary

You end up buying the sub-weapon without spending money. If you don't use any of it (or some of it), you get extra points at the end of the stage too.

Supposedly you could use that throughout the whole game to boost your score. I never was able to do it after the 1st stage myself.

Thanks. I got it to work on only the first 2 stages. I don’t think I’ll keep trying but if I do I’ll call this the “cheat score“

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Yeah, nice turnout this month. Good pick 👍