SOTM1 October 2022 - Battle Bakraid

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
title.jpg

We're doing two shmups this month, since voting was tied!

Scoring notes: shmups.system11.org • View topic - ST: Battle Bakraid (15.09.10 - rank modifiers added)

More info: http://www.world-of-arcades.net/R8zing/Battle_Bakraid/BBakraid.htm

Please add scores in the following format:
Name - Stage - Ship selected - Format played on - Score

SCORES:
NAMESTAGE #SHIPFORMATSCORE
KuzeALLFlame ViperMISTER6,672,540
Ajax6Steel BatMISTER4,656,070
ShootTheCoreALLSteel BatPCB4,626, 900
MmSadda5Blade OwlPCB3,733,470
daskrabs5Flame ViperMISTER3,363,260
The Chief6Steel BatMAME3,227,620
NeoDogg5Flame ViperTTX22,589,540
Lach3Blade OwlTTX32,179,150
1CC List:
Kuze1CC5,674,610
ShootTheCore1CC4,626,900
Ajax1CC2,761,730

At this point, I think we're good to lump in all scores together, but let me know if this raises any concerns.

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Scores updated! (Full disclosure, my first run didn't quite make it on my high score board and I can't recall 100% whether I was on my 3rd or 4th stage, and I didn't want to reset the EPROM lest I lose unlocked ships, etc.)

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
nzFnNZt.png

kuze - Stage 6 - Buster Lizard - MiSTer - 2,169,700

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Got my first Bakraid 1CC on Normal Course!

kuze - 1CC - Flame Viper - MiSTer - 3,397,150

zNwN3mm.png

However, my better score was the run just before my clear. I lost then my explosion finished off the second form of the boss >_>

kuze - Stage 6 - Flame Viper - MiSTer - 4,080,330

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Hell yeah, strong work, my dude 🙌🙌🙌

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
How the hell are you guys 1cc this game? :oops:

If I can get off my ass tonight I might play this, maybe I’ll finally break a mil :p

Ajax

15 Year Member
Just get the medals, doggie

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Or is it better to work on the multiplier thing going on in the top left, I assume that is chain kills?

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Do medals determine that? I honestly don't know. Just prioritize getting medals and not dying and you'll be golden.

Rank is where this game gets bananas and really complicated. I'm still not totally clear on how to manipulate rank.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Do medals determine that? I honestly don't know. Just prioritize getting medals and not dying and you'll be golden.

Rank is where this game gets bananas and really complicated. I'm still not totally clear on how to manipulate rank.
Medals max out at 10k and you’ll get the random 100k, but you can’t miss one. If multiple medal values are on the screen at the same time and you get the higher value medal when it’s last on the screen you’ll get to continue your medal chain.

To get around rank reset the game in between every credit, no?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Ah, ok. I was wondering what triggered 100k medals. I hadn't even seen them until the run that I posted.

Somehow, I was thinking there was a way to lower rank in the midst of a credit, but that's probably incorrect.

I'm pretty positive that I witnessed max rank in the run that yielded that score though. Shit was totally insane. Got three or four bosses into the boss alley on stage 6, but it was too gnar and I couldn't hang. I've bagged this one up a handful of times, but I've never seen it like that before.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Nice clear @Ajax ! 🙌

Survival clears are a lot of fun, going for medal chaining eventually makes rank go insane on this game lol

I don’t quite get how to exploit the multiplier chain, there is a vid on YT where someone gets 11 million just on stage 1 from the boss.. it’s a whole different game!

Ajax

15 Year Member
Thanks man 🙏

I do believe regular pickups also have an effect on rank, for whatever that's worth. I think there's a more in depth guide out there too. I know I've read over it before.

Wild stuff. There's a lot of depth to this game, it's pretty crazy. There's a lot of hidden stuff going on too. The flame thrower turret at the beginning of the desert stage, for example - if you destroy it point blank before it starts shooting flames, you get something different than you do normally, can't remember what it is right now, possibly medals.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Thread updated. Added a separate section to note 1CCs even if they aren't the highest scores per member, just for fun

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Improved my 1CC score slightly, sadly missed the extend when it dropped - though I think this may have reduced rank? Not sure, could have just been in my head.

faVwXy3.jpg

kuze - 1CC - Flame Viper - MiSTer - 3,454,590

Also improved my top score a bit:

SoUPLZB.jpg

kuze - Stage 6 - Flame Viper - MiSTer - 4,522,550

Ajax

15 Year Member
If you're holding more than the default amount of ships, this game is gonna try to crucify you, so yeah, not a bad strategy, really (assuming you were at full lives when the extend dropped).