SOTM2 October 2022 - Fever SOS /Dangun Feveron

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

1664649230706.png

We're doing two shmups this month, since voting was tied!

Scoring tips: shmups.system11.org • View topic - ST: Dangun Feveron - created by Venom
More info: http://www.world-of-arcades.net/R8zing/Battle_Bakraid/BBakraid.htm

Please add scores in the following format:
Name - Stage - Ship selected - Platform - Score

SCORES:
NAMESTAGE #SHIPFORMATSCORE
egg_sanwich3B/Spd3/RollPCB1,435,749
kuze3B/Spd2/LockMAME661,280
ShootTheCoe3B/Spd4/RollMISTER625,329
MmSadda3B/Spd2/LockPCB591,328
NeoDogg2B/Spd4/RollTTX2360,727
ggallegos12B/Spd4/BomPS4267,851
Lach3B/Spd2/BomTTX350,053
NERDtendo2BPS429,242

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
NERDtendo - Stage 2 - Ship 2 - PS4 - 29,242

1A5317D6-B763-48E4-A427-06206DE7128A.jpg

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Added table and scores. Don't feel obligated to post full ship/speed details, but I'm happy to add them if you do post them! (looks like PCB displays this whereas PS4 does not)

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_220309611.jpg
    IMG_20221002_220309611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
ggallegos1 - Stage 2 - B/SPD2/Bom - PS4 - 160195
20221003_154313.jpg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Added table and scores. Don't feel obligated to post full ship/speed details, but I'm happy to add them if you do post them! (looks like PCB displays this whereas PS4 does not)
Did you update your PCB with the high score table delete rom? Badass!

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Thread updated! (Can't promise updates will always be this frequent, but I'll try my best)

Did you update your PCB with the high score table delete rom? Badass!
Yeah! Someone hooked me up with a burn of the ROM. I think Zak may have created it? It's floating around the shmups forums - if anyone needs the file and can't find it, I can try to dig up where I got the file. Makes the game way more enjoyable, as I don't know that I've EVER made it on the original high score board in earnest.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Thread updated! (Can't promise updates will always be this frequent, but I'll try my best)

Yeah! Someone hooked me up with a burn of the ROM. I think Zak may have created it? It's floating around the shmups forums - if anyone needs the file and can't find it, I can try to dig up where I got the file. Makes the game way more enjoyable, as I don't know that I've EVER made it on the original high score board in earnest.
I think I sent you the rom a while back :lolz:

Never thought of updating my pcb though. Is it socketed?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Are the scores on the default table just bananas? Certainly looks like it. I dropped a few creds and didn't get any kind of opportunity to enter my initials and didn't get a good look at any of my scores, for that matter.

This game has some pretty serious Toaplan vibes. Never spent much time with this one.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I think I sent you the rom a while back :lolz:

Never thought of updating my pcb though. Is it socketed?
I thought you might have, but your message had me doing a double take 💀

Yes, definitely socketed. I'm comfortable desoldering, but only do it on sub-$200 pinball boards (mostly $50 junker Bally MPUs), never on $500+ PCBs

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Are the scores on the default table just bananas? Certainly looks like it. I dropped a few creds and didn't get any kind of opportunity to enter my initials and didn't get a good look at any of my scores, for that matter.

This game has some pretty serious Toaplan vibes. Never spent much time with this one.
Yes, absolutely. They're fucking absurd for "default" scores. I couldn't stand the game for the longest time because I couldn't touch the high score table.

If you're playing PCB, I'd HIGHLY recommend the score table replacement ROM; it changes the lowest score to 0 (zero) by default. (wish the creator had divided by ten for the whole table, but the rom that exists is still a solid upgrade.)

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

Yeah I think the base score is around 1.2mil, which is close to not missing any disco men through the first 3 stages.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Ok getting on the board. My final score was a bit higher but not enough to get on the high score table yet, so I just snapped the end of stage screen after stage 2 before dying shortly thereafter.

egg_sanwich - St 2 - Type B Roll - pcb - 827,575

3850FB1A-69A2-4127-8E76-8B37930F302F.jpeg

Ajax

15 Year Member
Man, that's some jank, haha. Usually scores on the default table are just for lulz. I'll pay a bit closer attention next time I play and see what I can come up with. I got to stage three on each of my creds a couple nights ago, zero idea what my score was though.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Man, that's some jank, haha. Usually scores on the default table are just for lulz. I'll pay a bit closer attention next time I play and see what I can come up with. I got to stage three on each of my creds a couple nights
Man, that's some jank, haha. Usually scores on the default table are just for lulz. I'll pay a bit closer attention next time I play and see what I can come up with. I got to stage three on each of my creds a couple nights ago, zero idea what my score was though.
Sounds like you're close, 1.2mil should be doable by end of stage 3. Then once you're beyond that you're golden.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I just pleayed the game once during weekend and i noticed the "score problem" and have no idea about my points.

Can you see your score during the continue message? Can you take a photo of the score during that time?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I just pleayed the game once during weekend and i noticed the "score problem" and have no idea about my points.

Can you see your score during the continue message? Can you take a photo of the score during that time?
I don't think so, since it will only show that stage score. The way this game doesn't show a cumulative score kinda sucks tbh.

Patched ROM file is available here:
Just need an EPROM burner and a blank EPROM, or someone to burn the ROM for you.

(thanks to @egg_sanwich for the hookup on this. Lmk if posting this raises any concerns.)

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I don't think so, since it will only show that stage score. The way this game doesn't show a cumulative score kinda sucks tbh.

Patched ROM file is available here:
Just need an EPROM burner and a blank EPROM, or someone to burn the ROM for you.

(thanks to @egg_sanwich for the hookup on this. Lmk if posting this raises any concerns.)
That really sucks because my PCB has a sound problem and ATM the only way i have to play this is via Mister FPGA, and i don't think you can play the patched rom. Such a shame...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
That really sucks because my PCB has a sound problem and ATM the only way i have to play this is via Mister FPGA, and i don't think you can play the patched rom. Such a shame...
1.2m is attainable by stage 3, I know you've got the skillz :buttrock::buttrock:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Ugh, frustrating, haha. I must be doing something wrong. I got pretty far into stage 3 just now and still didn't get on the board.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Ugh, frustrating, haha. I must be doing something wrong. I got pretty far into stage 3 just now and still didn't get on the board.
I got to stage 4 and still no scoreboard entry. No ideia about my score.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Ok getting on the board. My final score was a bit higher but not enough to get on the high score table yet, so I just snapped the end of stage screen after stage 2 before dying shortly thereafter.

egg_sanwich - St 2 - Type B Roll - pcb - 827,575

View attachment 60147
What did you do on stage 2 for that kind of score?