SOTN port for the Megadrive

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I thought the results were gonna be really, really shitty like Atari Halo or something, but I was actually impressed by how far they've gotten. M68k programming is something I'd like to try someday for fun so I think it's pretty cool, though I always wonder why people put so much effort into fan games that a publisher can cease and desist at any time

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I could be making this up, but didn't SotN start as a 32X project?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
why the fuck would anyone want this. i'm sure they'll reduce the amount of features, items, transformations, etc.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Cool, I've always wanted to see if I could make a Ferrari using only Ford parts.
Ford did pretty well with the Ford GT. ;)

Like the Mega Drive isn't s Playstation, the Ford also isn't a Ferrari. But it did pretty well even with a few cylinders less. 😉

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
As a technical problem and a challenge the project is very interesting, and I respect that, but in 2021 it’s not something I’m going to get hyped about.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yeah, looking at his GG Shinobi video, I don't think we'll see this project finished anytime soon.

If you want an interesting Genesis port, check out Cave Story in the meantime.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I can't imagine being able to pull off a soul steal with the crappy D-pad.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Looks neat, but I am more interested in the Resident Evil port on Genesis from awhile back.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Or how about the 8-bit NES games with updated visuals instead?

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
It's not meant like a straight port metroidvania, but linear gameplay like the traditional castlevanias featuring Maria or Alucard. In a sense it is something new.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's not meant like a straight port metroidvania, but linear gameplay like the traditional castlevanias featuring Maria or Alucard. In a sense it is something new.

Call it a different name then?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Jesus, this sounds terrible. Like, the Saturn version was a step down, what the hell is the mega drive gonna do?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I'd like to see a Mega Drive port of The Last of Us. Fuck Castlevania SOTN.
There is a guy working on a downgrade of resident evil for the mega drive. Bio Evil