Southeast PA, November 12, 2022

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Last year at like 2am or something, WC and I battled it out in the "Puzzle Gauntlet," which was an impromptu invention of his. It was a 5-game slog of something like PB, MD3, Panic Bomber, Money Puzzle, and Pochi Nyaa. Maybe not those 5 exact games, but mostly. He won by a hair, and we agreed it was fun enough to try again. I propose that Jeff puts up a poll of all the MVS Puzzle titles, and we each vote on 5, and the top 5 vote-getters become the Gauntlet. If 5 is too many, maybe 3 different games until the finals, then 5 for the final match? What say you all?

I like Stefan's idea for a KoF 2K2 anniversary side tournament as well.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Puzzle Quintuplet(?) sounds like a fun experiment & interestingly varied in terms of its humorous potential.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Sounds cool as an idea but I remember what a chore it was to herd you drunk cats come tourney time. :) I say to make it interesting we have 5 games and every matchup has to play one of the games at random. Meaning you could be playing puzzle bobble for round 1 and magical drop if you make it to round 2 and then money puzzle in the finals. All chosen randomly my me.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Sounds cool as an idea but I remember what a chore it was to herd you drunk cats come tourney time. :) I say to make it interesting we have 5 games and every matchup has to play one of the games at random. Meaning you could be playing puzzle bobble for round 1 and magical drop if you make it to round 2 and then money puzzle in the finals. All chosen randomly my me.
What would that, hypothetical, trophy look like, I wonder?

Jon

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
What would that, hypothetical, trophy look like, I wonder?

Jon
I’m sure I could kit bash a trophy monstrosity for you and then break out the turd polish to shine it up all nice and purty. :) I’ll have to ponder this nightmare award…

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I would cast a vote in favor of Pochi & Nyaa, Gururin, Puzzle de Pon! R, Zintrick, Panic Bomber, or Puzzle Bobble 1 before Magical Drop anything. No question.
Why are you so mean to me? :'(

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Make it a Sam Sho game and then it will come down to Mike or me. :)

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Let’s nail this tourney down folks. To make it easy I say we either vote for Puzzle de Pon R as a single game or go for my chaos tourney where each round is a different game. Choose your fate….

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
SVC: Chaos and I'm in.

Otherwise, I'll just watch.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Jon’s vote counts as Chaos, just saying.
Ok, whatever. Can you at least tell us what games constitute as "chaos" so we can practice them?

This is a serious question. Because, otherwise, you might as well give the 1st place trophy to Mike again.

Jon

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
My tournament would be pure chaos. I would like to setup 8 different games. My preferred list would be

Puzzle de Pon R or Puzzle Bobble 2
Zintrick
Windjammers
Street Hoop
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Super Dodgeball
Pochi & Nyaa
Panic Bomber

Final will be played on something completely different such as one of these:

One of the soccer games such as Super Sidekicks
Pop N Bounce

This means no repeating of games if we do single elimination.

The question is do we have copies of all of those games? I know we probably could not have all 8 going at the same time but we could throw a bunch in the MVS setups and switch off.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I have a Neo SD but, not a Pro. If I can convince @Ralfakick to come out, he definitely has all of those games. I know Zintrick is a Neo CD exclusive so, obviously, that would have to be burned on CDR prior to the tournament.

Jon

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
My tournament would be pure chaos. I would like to setup 8 different games. My preferred list would be

Puzzle de Pon R or Puzzle Bobble 2
Zintrick
Windjammers
Street Hoop
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Super Dodgeball
Pochi & Nyaa
Panic Bomber

Final will be played on something completely different such as one of these:

One of the soccer games such as Super Sidekicks
Pop N Bounce

This means no repeating of games if we do single elimination.

The question is do we have copies of all of those games? I know we probably could not have all 8 going at the same time but we could throw a bunch in the MVS setups and switch off.
It's your tournament, but I wish we could stick with just puzzle games. There's more than enough on MVS to make it fun and chaotic. My 2 cents.

I have a Neo SD but, not a Pro. If I can convince @Ralfakick to come out, he definitely has all of those games. I know Zintrick is a Neo CD exclusive so, obviously, that would have to be burned on CDR prior to the tournament.

Jon
There's a cartridge port of Zintrick out there.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I’m down to keep it as all puzzle. We still need to make sure we have 8-9 different puzzle games then. Can people list off what they have to bring? Unfortunately I sold off a large part of my collection when pinball finally dug its claws into me. Speaking of pinball, anyone here still have Pat’s(SamuraiShodownSensei) number? I thought I had it but it might have been lost in the transition from Android to iPhone.