Sports Thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Avs signed Nathan MacKinnon to an 8 year, 100.8 million dollar contract extension.
Rantanen: signed through 2025
Manson: signed through 2025
Lehkonen: signed through 2027
Makar: signed through 2027
Girard: signed through 2027
Landeskog: signed through 2029
Nichushkin: signed through 2030
MacKinnon: signed through 2031

Byram and Newhook need new deals this offseason. They may have to trade Toews, who is signed through next year, to fit under the cap.

But overall they have a ridiculous amount of talent locked up for a long time. Y'all fucked.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Leafs paid a huge price to significantly downgrade their goalie. They're going down in the first round again.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The Leafs paid a huge price to significantly downgrade their goalie. They're going down in the first round again.
The Leafs had over 31 games where the goaltender (mainly Mrazek, but Campbell had a dreadful January-March) had a SV% below .890 for the 2021-22 season they still got 115 points.

Guardians will host the Rays tomorrow. I feel a bit conflicted over which team to root for, but I'll probably be going for Cleveland.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Leafs had over 31 games where the goaltender (mainly Mrazek, but Campbell had a dreadful January-March) had a SV% below .890 for the 2021-22 season they still got 115 points.

Guardians will host the Rays tomorrow. I feel a bit conflicted over which team to root for, but I'll probably be going for Cleveland.
Matt Murray literally ended up getting sent to the AHL on a garbage team last year. He cleared waivers more than once. He's worse than Campbell in every conceivable way.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Matt Murray literally ended up getting sent to the AHL on a garbage team last year. He cleared waivers more than once. He's worse than Campbell in every conceivable way.
From what I saw of his play on Pittsburgh he can thrive if he's around a team that has some semblance of knowing what it's doing. Many experts said Campbell was a terrible goaltender before the start of 2021-22, but something to keep in mind for the Leafs last season was the injuries for the goaltenders. They basically had 2-3 AHL goaltenders last year and still managed to play very well.

I can't believe I'm defending the Leafs as much as I am, I'm not even a Leafs fan. Haha.

famicommander

15 Year Member
From what I saw of his play on Pittsburgh he can thrive if he's around a team that has some semblance of knowing what it's doing. Many experts said Campbell was a terrible goaltender before the start of 2021-22, but something to keep in mind for the Leafs last season was the injuries for the goaltenders. They basically had 2-3 AHL goaltenders last year and still managed to play very well.

I can't believe I'm defending the Leafs as much as I am, I'm not even a Leafs fan. Haha.
Murray has had several major injuries since he left Pittsburgh and has never been the same. There's a reason the Penguins let him go after he won 2 straight Cups, there's a reason he ended up riding the bus in the minor leagues, and there's a reason the Senators had to send away two draft picks and retain 25% of his salary just to trade him away for "future considerations"

The Leafs weren't good enough last year and this year they're drastically worse.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Murray has had several major injuries since he left Pittsburgh and has never been the same. There's a reason the Penguins let him go after he won 2 straight Cups, there's a reason he ended up riding the bus in the minor leagues, and there's a reason the Senators had to send away two draft picks and retain 25% of his salary just to trade him away for "future considerations"

The Leafs weren't good enough last year and this year they're drastically worse.
Samsonov I imagine is an upgrade over Mrazek. And Kallgren just hasn't played enough to really see how he is, but his record is good on the Leafs last season, he was 8-4. But I'd need to see more before I'd say he was one way or the other.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Thank fuck Broncos can cut Wilson after '24 with zero money. Hackett is obviously trash also.

Paton watched Schmidt give Kris Bryant an absurd contact and said HOLD MUH BEER.

I know coaches almost never get fired before the first year is up, but Walton/Penner didn't hire this retard, they have more than enough money to pay him to sit at home instead of embarrassing himself every week.

Edit: never thought I'd be going fucking Wilson stay on the bench and let Rypien screw up less than you.

Dear George Paton plz fire everyone other than Corliss Waitman, Courtland Sutton, and Patrick Surtain.

Edit again: I am here for the Broncos losing every fucking game if it gets Hackett fired faster.

Edit the third fuck Wilson also. What a fucking dumpster fire of a team. At least the Walton $ might mean that's not acceptable anymore.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Do you think Wilson is past his prime, or just doesn't have the team to work with?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Do you think Wilson is past his prime, or just doesn't have the team to work with?
Both.

He has missed a lot of passes he should have hit this year.

But also, the Broncos lost their most reliable WR (Tim Patrick) in training camp, the OL was hurt going into yesterday and then they lost their starting LT (Garrett Bolles), and we all say what happened to Javonte Williams last week.

Jerry Jeudy drops everything and there hasn't been a single TE sighting all season really, so it's pretty much just let Melvin Gordon fumble or force it to Courtland Sutton.

And, to top it all off, the playcalling is trash.

They're wasting an epic defense.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Both.

He has missed a lot of passes he should have hit this year.

But also, the Broncos lost their most reliable WR (Tim Patrick) in training camp, the OL was hurt going into yesterday and then they lost their starting LT (Garrett Bolles), and we all say what happened to Javonte Williams last week.

Jerry Jeudy drops everything and there hasn't been a single TE sighting all season really, so it's pretty much just let Melvin Gordon fumble or force it to Courtland Sutton.

And, to top it all off, the playcalling is trash.

They're wasting an epic defense.
they haven't played any offense of significance to proclaim the defense as being epic, yet. do i really have to list the opponents faced so far?

famicommander

15 Year Member
they haven't played any offense of significance to proclaim the defense as being epic, yet. do i really have to list the opponents faced so far?
Niners just put up 24 on the Rams, Texans have scored 20 against every other opponent, Hawks average 25 against their other opponents, Colts put up 20 on the Chiefs.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
8th in defensive DVOA currently which takes their schedule in to account which is pretty good but it's still a small sample size and 8th isn't exactly the kind of elite that's going to get you deep in the playoffs with no offense.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Niners just put up 24 on the Rams, Texans have scored 20 against every other opponent, Hawks average 25 against their other opponents, Colts put up 20 on the Chiefs.
Niners put up 17 because one TD was a pick six

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Lions put up 80 in the last two games and lost BOTH of them :uhoh:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bombers 14-2, home field and first round bye locked up in their quest for the threepeat.

Now they have to decide how much to rest the starters. Their schedule:
@ BC Lions
bye week
BC Lions at home
first round playoff bye
home playoff game vs the winner of Calgary vs BC

Could end up playing BC three games in a row with two bye weeks in between.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Bombers 14-2, home field and first round bye locked up in their quest for the threepeat.

Now they have to decide how much to rest the starters. Their schedule:
@ BC Lions
bye week
BC Lions at home
first round playoff bye
home playoff game vs the winner of Calgary vs BC

Could end up playing BC three games in a row with two bye weeks in between.
Edit: I stand corrected, with Ti-Cats win against Saskatchewan then they'll be able to control their own destiny. Maybe playoffs could happen!

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
67ngQAN.jpg