Sports Thread

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
[7:17 PM]famicommander: heat almost definitely losing tonight
[7:17 PM]famicommander: but god damn i hope they win
[7:17 PM]High Times: You never know
[7:17 PM]famicommander: over 90% of the time a team that coughs up game 1 at home, wins game 2
[7:17 PM]famicommander: including in the last 2 series the heat played
[11:12 PM]basic 🐐: looks like your nerd stats don't help you know shit

fuck denver

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
When the Nuggets win the title I think it's only fair that Wilbon be required to sandpaper his own balls off on national television.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Panthers beat Hurricanes in OT again, this time it took only 1. Series heads back to Florida with them in the lead 2-0.

Dallas at Vegas tomorrow with the Knights up 1-0. Will this game also go into overtime? So far every conference finals game has.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It is honestly annoying that a generation of sports fans have been taught that Stephen A. Smith and Michael Wilbon know any fucking thing about anything. They're two morons that are employed just like Skip Bayless, but on a "real" channel, to drum up bullshit without ever actually saying anything useful. I mean, c'mon, I'll come on your show and say uninformed dumb shit for like a hundred dollars an hour if you want, it'll be just as useful.

I assume Jaylen Rose and Greenie both just think "cash the check, cash the check" while they're sitting on set with those two. Just so bad. At least Mark Jackson owned up to the fact that he didn't give Jokic credit.

Seems like Malone held off a bit on the potential for an epic press conference tonight, looking very forward to the one after the sweep or at worst Wednesday.

edit again: Jokic vs. Butler in the Finals is gonna be fucking great, but goddamn it, I don't want to say it, the fucking idiots aforementioned above (and others) will all root for Butler unless Murray is the Nuggets' guy, 'cuz, yeah. Fuck. Dumb. Having the best player in the world be white isn't the end times.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
FwoB2M8acAAcYV3

Back to the Finals to face the Buffalo Bandits for the 2nd straight year. Mammoth have won both their trips to the NLL Championship, and both were against the Bandits.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Vegas takes a 2-0 lead over the Stars as they head to Dallas for the next two. The Knights win in...you guessed it...OVERTIME!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Vegas takes a 2-0 lead over the Stars as they head to Dallas for the next two. The Knights win in...you guessed it...OVERTIME!
If it ends up being Vegas vs. Florida it'll be awesome since we'll definitely have a new Stanley Cup winner.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Well, Florida did their part by sweeping Carolina. Now Vegas needs to do theirs and sweep Dallas.
Playoff Bob is real, dude was always insane with Columbus but he's definitely taking it up another notch like Patrick Roy did with Le Tricolore and the Avs.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, Bob is just playing out of his mind. Canes had double the shots and dominated the puck almost every game and dude just stood on his head for four straight games. Tough to beat that.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Are Cards in rebuild mode? That's the only reason I can think to do something like that.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I saw that DeAndre was cut the other day, and kinda thought it was fake news. That dude will get a new team this week

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
It saves them 7 million towards the cap this year and 30 million next year.
i meant in terms of not being able to find any trade partner for even a pittance. i get the salary cap savings towards a rebuild in 2024...but i suppose they didn't really give up much to get him in the first place, thanks to good 'ol BOB. still, trade him for a second or a third and take up some of the salary to entice a partner. if they are in a rebuild, they should be focused more on getting draft assets than building up salary cap space for free agents. do a proper rebuild.

famicommander

15 Year Member
i meant in terms of not being able to find any trade partner for even a pittance. i get the salary cap savings towards a rebuild in 2024...but i suppose they didn't really give up much to get him in the first place, thanks to good 'ol BOB. still, trade him for a second or a third and take up some of the salary to entice a partner. if they are in a rebuild, they should be focused more on getting draft assets than building up salary cap space for free agents. do a proper rebuild.
It was an awful contract. In order to get someone to take him in a trade the Cardinals would've had to eat a larger share of his salary than the dead cap hit and teams knew that.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
It was an awful contract. In order to get someone to take him in a trade the Cardinals would've had to eat a larger share of his salary than the dead cap hit and teams knew that.
sure. but is a second round pick worth it in the long run rather than saving cap space? if they are only thinking short term, partial rebuild, maybe not.

famicommander

15 Year Member
sure. but is a second round pick worth it in the long run rather than saving cap space? if they are only thinking short term, partial rebuild, maybe not.
It's the Bidwells, they're as cheap as any owners in any sport.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
It's the Bidwells, they're as cheap as any owners in any sport.
i guess he doesn't know how to math then. 4/5 year rookie contracts would probably save them more money than if they use that cap savings to sign any number of free agents, for whatever amount of years, from the current cap savings. unless i'm completely missing some aspect.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Dallas making it a series against Vegas after a 4-2 win, tightening the series 3-2 still in favor of the Golden Knights. More rest time for the awaiting Florida Bobcats.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Chances are Dallas will finish the reverse sweep, because the sports universe hates me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
FxVGDtQacAErQOK

Heading to Buffalo on Saturday night for a decisive game 3. If the Mammoth win they'll clinch their 3rd championship in team history (2006, 2022) and for the third time they'll have to clinch it on Buffalo's home floor.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Vegas finish off the Stars in blowout fashion 6-0 and now play 8th seed Florida.

Denver plays 8th seed Miami for the NBA title. Those Florida teams rising in the playoffs. Bobcats have an excellent chance to win the Stanley Cup. Heat...as impressive as you've been, the Nuggets are going to rip them apart.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Heading to Buffalo on Saturday night for a decisive game 3. If the Mammoth win they'll clinch their 3rd championship in team history (2006, 2022) and for the third time they'll have to clinch it on Buffalo's home floor.
Should be another fun watch, that game 1 was intense. I thought for sure Colorado tied it at the very last second.